JAGeX has cunningly shred the economy

2nd05013

Oh, it's sucking out all the money :roll:

You do realize, every yew long bow alched puts 768 gp in the economy. How many you think are alched a day. Yeah....thats a lot of money

Exactly, the only way to destroy inflation is to stop the alching of noted items. Which, I doubt will ever happen.

We still need alching :? . If we didn't have alching but kept POH's, Barrows repairing and Crystal recharging then there would be an extreme amount of deflation, which isn't exactly a good thing for the economy.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow ur an idiot...do you seriously pick planks off spawns?? who does that??? go chop trees and turn thme into planks. Yes it will die down, and this dosent affect the rare value at all, barely affects the value at all.
That really means a lot, coming from someone who can't spell 'you're' in whole. :lol:

Face it, things will come back to normal prices after the hypes are gone back down and alchers are back and everything hits equilibrium.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Lol? No i advise you to buy now. Rares get rarer they dont fall in price for long. Soon they will be back up. All the big time merchants are buying the smaller rares while their low. Then hord them until they have reached a decent amount.

Rares never drop in the long term. POH's = the fad at the moment.

precisly, the demand for planks will drop, and the supply of planks will rise, thus the prices will calm, happens with every update...

-= weasel =- rsname: moosewalker ~ top 10000 player :D

newscape300x50qz7.giffull qp - always willing to chat add me...

Most people seem to be missing the point of why the economy is not going to grow back to what it was. With updates like this, yes, everything crashes - but the gp still exists. Now, it doesn't. You have to pay gp to NPCs for everything, basically. Think about it. Planks are 100/250/500/1500 each. Marble is 325k. Magic stones are 975k.

Whilst the demand for these items will decrease, I honestly don't think people can alch & thieve (the two main sources of gp) as fast as people spend the cash on the new skill.

Obviously this was designed as a money pit by Jagex to deflate the economy - so far, it's working like a charm.

wow ur an idiot...do you seriously pick planks off spawns?? who does that??? go chop trees and turn thme into planks. Yes it will die down, and this dosent affect the rare value at all, barely affects the value at all.
That really means a lot, coming from someone who can't spell 'you're' in whole. :lol:

no 1 needs to use perfect lang on a comp so wil u stop tellin us how 2 spell we kno how 2 spell

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

POH I hope are the answer for the astonishing price of rares. Red p-hats use to be 3.7 mil back in the day. People need to think whether they want a paper hat or a nice house.

Oh you're so 'old skool'.

Only 3.7mil?

This is total [cabbage], you people don't know anything about economy.

Due to the new skill, everyone wants it so all other items get bought less because everyones wants planks etc.

That's why all prices are decreasing and the prices of construction-related items are increasing.

This will change, it's all a matter of time.. :roll:

record.jpeg

THUS there will be an endless demand in planks, or other materials such as nails, clay and steel. Therefore the rare economy will plummet, so I advise you to start selling now!!

I sense a different motive behind this post.

Such as?

9913a.gifo919a.gif

Moopy rules!!!

Most people seem to be missing the point of why the economy is not going to grow back to what it was. With updates like this, yes, everything crashes - but the gp still exists. Now, it doesn't. You have to pay gp to NPCs for everything, basically. Think about it. Planks are 100/250/500/1500 each. Marble is 325k. Magic stones are 975k.

Whilst the demand for these items will decrease, I honestly don't think people can alch & thieve (the two main sources of gp) as fast as people spend the cash on the new skill.

Obviously this was designed as a money pit by Jagex to deflate the economy - so far, it's working like a charm.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

9913a.gifo919a.gif

Moopy rules!!!

And to those people who think I'm an idiot, have I insulted you in any way? I'm just stating my opinion, not saying that the KQ is lvl three or that I beat TZ-Tok-Jad with no food or armour. Jeez!!

9913a.gifo919a.gif

Moopy rules!!!

Three things:

1. People have waited a long time for construction (carpentry was my only 1 level skill for like 5 months) Some have collected rares waiting for this release. SO now they are selling them. More supply then before price drops.

2. Many have been asking for money sinks even before RS2. No you could not alch notes but you could line up the spellbook and inventory just right to alch most of your items in 2 clicks with no movement. Merchanting to a point is fine IMHO but santas went from 9 to almost 13 mil in like 4 days.

3. GP is an item as was said. If gp as an item is harder to get I am going to value it more vs items I buy. If I can go to barrows 3 times and profit 5 mil gp paying 8k for a pray pot is ok. If I have to go 10 times to get thesame 5 mil well now 8k seems a bit high.

Prices will stabilize as the economy adjusts to poh. The rich will continue to get rich because they know how, or play way to much, the poor will either learn how or stay poor. I also agree that most people are going to reach the construction level they are willing to pay for and pretty much stop. I know for me that is about level 55 right now. Then I am not a skill total person. I do think you want to make your plank money as fast as possible because when the slow down comes you will all be complaining that the price of planks is nothing now.

I didn't miss the point, read my other post. It will grow back because most people will stop training this after a while. While alching is existing 24/7. So less and less with go out of the game as more and more stop training the skill. So items will go back up believe me.

If anything this has helped the economy by balancing the amount of money flowing into the game with the amount of money leaving the game.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

If anything this has helped the economy by balancing the amount of money flowing into the game with the amount of money leaving the game.

+1

Will the number of High Alcher's decrease with the release of Construction? Very Unlikely

Will the number of Constructors decrease with increasing Time? Of course, because many not so rich people will see it as a waste of money.

Thus the dip in prices are only temporary. The economy will recover and hopefully everything will stop inflating.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

no 1 needs to use perfect lang on a comp so wil u stop tellin us how 2 spell we kno how 2 spell

:| No you don't.

As you all know, because of recent POHs, planks sell for 1k each or more!

At first I thought, yeah, it'll all die down and santa's etc will resume their prices.

BUT, when I read the news I realise it won't, because first of all, JAGeX had to add more spawns, due to the popularity, but there are only two planks in each and take ages.

SECONDLY they turned planks in the Mort'ton shop into timber, so there is no shop selling cheap planks for 30gp or lower.

THUS there will be an endless demand in planks, or other materials such as nails, clay and steel. Therefore the rare economy will plummet, so I advise you to start selling now!!

Trying to make prices fall are we? :lol:

I honestly don't think that anyone waits at plank spawns and collects planks..

And nails, clay and steel will drop.. After like lvl 22 construction you don't need those things anyone.. Only oaks are needed.. :roll:

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

there is post in tip.it estimating how much gp were spent in few days. it's around 20 bil. it takes 26 millions of yew longs just to restore those 20 bil. 26 mil high alch takes a little longer than 3 days.

money will go back to economy no doubt but price drop will be visible for few months.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

there is post in tip.it estimating how much gp were spent in few days. it's around 20 bil. it takes 26 millions of yew longs just to restore those 20 bil. 26 mil high alch takes a little longer than 3 days.

money will go back to economy no doubt but price drop will be visible for few months.

I wouldn't be too sure about that, if only 10,000 people were alching a day (very small percentage of the total population) then they'd all only have to alch less then 1000 bows to reach the 3 day quota, and its the summer so they'll have plenty of time for that. I bet someone's power alching 15,000 bows today as we speak :wink: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Rares prices Are dropping alot. hopefully they will drop a ton. now all the rich people Arent going to be rich so much anymore, and now people will be spending money on skills not rares. i personally Am holding on to 3 green mask and a blue mask.

MASK PRICE AS OF MARCH 16 2006

Blue=13m

Green=11m

Red=18m

Hopefully people will help people out. Im Recording prices everymonth for a graph im going to sumit to tip.it in 6months to help Graph prices :-P i know im a loser, but theres nothing else to do while fishing.

mysig11sv5.png

Inflation? Economy? These are things that happen IN THE REAL WORLD! Countries' economies are based on their gold, mineral, oil etc. reserves and skills bases and fluctuate according to their trade (import/export) of these commodities. All of these factors are finite in one way or another.

In Runescape, however, all these resources are infinite. Just because a new skill has arrived which actually takes money rather than generating it, the economy wont collapse, because we can all go and cut logs, mine coal or metals, catch fish etc. and sell them (if not to other players then to the other infinite source of cash - shops) or kill monsters to generate the money we need to fund our activities.

As far as skill bases go, new players are entering the game all the time, existing players are creating 'Skill Pures', they all generate cash out of thin air. As fast as we can spend it, the game will give us the money we want. It always has and it always will.

The only finite resources in the game are 'Rares' and their price will always increase as long as new players are entering the game or existing players are increasing their level and accumulating greater wealth, both of which create greater demand.

Roonyuk said:

Quote:

Everything has fallen in price for one reason, because a new skill has come along, and everyone is selling all their worldy possesions, including some of the richer people in the game,

But eventually they are going to want them back and Runescape will provide.

i.e. A high level has sold his Dharok set to get his Construction level up. Then he wants his Dharok again. Several other players go to Barrows and get a Dharok item. High level buys his Dharok set back with money he has made from alching a pile of .

The sellers then use the money they have made to raise their Construction level.

Several people have now raised their Construction level. How much money has been 'drained' from the 'economy'?

NONE

There was no money drain because the money needed to fund Construction will come from players using all the means at their disposal to raise it.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

What's happening here, this weekend, is not going to persist. Of course, there is a large amount of drainage taking place now because of the novelty of the situation.

However, this will not slow down as much as some may think. Unlike all of the other skills, construction will be a constant draining factor on the economy. As many people as may be alching will likewise be planking their logs, so the rate of money accumulation will be more or less permanently stunted.

Has the price of steel bars dropped simply because more and more people gain high smithing levels? No, because there are always more people striving for those high levels. New players keep the cycle of supplies balanced against the demand - only a very small percentage of RS players are either too rich (not needing to create any cash) or too unskilled (unable to create cash) to contribute to the constant ebb and flow of cash.

So, like all of the other skills which are constantly generating new supplies - fish, runes, ores - which likewise always find a stable market of demand, so Construction will continue to generate interest, participation, and drain.

As a result, rare prices will drop and recover, but at a slower rate of increase than previously. If Runescape continues to run online long enough, party hats will cost 200M again, but it won't happen over the period of a year or two like they did before.

Oh, and by the way, I did an analysis of the high scores for construction as follows:

I entered each 1000 ranks into a spreadsheet with their corresponding exp total. I calculated from that roughly how many exp points had been earned per rank, and by totalling that, how many exp points had been earned total. I divided that by 60 (proposing that the average builder was using oak planks) and multiplied that by 250 (for each plank being cut). T

Of course, that doesn't take into account the costs of rooms being added. If the average player has added 5 rooms, the room costs alone would add 2B (at 5k a room, more for higher lvl rooms). If the average player has spent 50,000 in additional fees and supplies (including the initial 10k price, cloth, plants, heraldic designs, pictures etc), that's an additional 4B.

A reasonable estimate then would be 26B spent, probably more since not all players who have bought houses and cut planks have shown up on the high score list yet. I personally have spent 300k on Construction so far and I'm only lvl 19 - with 1.2k oak planks in the bank.

And, all the money for Construction now ends up going to NPCs, so there will be a drain on the money that is in Runescape. If POHs were f2p too there would be a disaster!!

9913a.gifo919a.gif

Moopy rules!!!

As you all know, because of recent POHs, planks sell for 1k each or more!

At first I thought, yeah, it'll all die down and santa's etc will resume their prices.

BUT, when I read the news I realise it won't, because first of all, JAGeX had to add more spawns, due to the popularity, but there are only two planks in each and take ages.

SECONDLY they turned planks in the Mort'ton shop into timber, so there is no shop selling cheap planks for 30gp or lower.

Hey guess what? theres an endless demand for herbs, logs, vials, 2nds, bones, runes, seeds, fish, bars, ores, and just about anything that has to do with skills.

liek omg rly?