JAGeX has cunningly shred the economy

2nd05013

As you all know, because of recent POHs, planks sell for 1k each or more!

At first I thought, yeah, it'll all die down and santa's etc will resume their prices.

BUT, when I read the news I realise it won't, because first of all, JAGeX had to add more spawns, due to the popularity, but there are only two planks in each and take ages.

SECONDLY they turned planks in the Mort'ton shop into timber, so there is no shop selling cheap planks for 30gp or lower.

THUS there will be an endless demand in planks, or other materials such as nails, clay and steel. Therefore the rare economy will plummet, so I advise you to start selling now!!

9913a.gifo919a.gif

Moopy rules!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol? No i advise you to buy now. Rares get rarer they dont fall in price for long. Soon they will be back up. All the big time merchants are buying the smaller rares while their low. Then hord them until they have reached a decent amount.

Rares never drop in the long term. POH's = the fad at the moment.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Prices havn't dropped at all, they're still the same. It's jsut a GP becomes rarer, because a GP is an item itself, and it can become rarer and less rare. SO when you sell thta Santa for 2M less, you're probably making a profit, because the GP is rarer now with it all being sucked from the game.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

At first I thought, yeah, it'll all die down and santa's etc will resume their prices.

BUT, when I read the news I realise it won't, because first of all, JAGeX had to add more spawns, due to the popularity, but there are only two planks in each and take ages.

SECONDLY they turned planks in the Mort'ton shop into timber, so there is no shop selling cheap planks for 30gp or lower.

THUS there will be an endless demand in planks, or other materials such as nails, clay and steel. Therefore the rare economy will plummet, so I advise you to start selling now!!

Do you know anything about ecomony? At all?

POH are new, and people have been waiting for it for YEARS. You're surprised that 2 days after its been released prices for supplies are still high? Dear lord, the economy must be crashing! Its 1929 all over again!

Not. Jagex created POH not only for the fun of it, but it is the PERFECT counterattack against inflation. Anyone with half a brain knows inlfation is bad for any economy, so this method of creating deflation -at extreme rates- was brilliant on Jagex's part.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Prices did indeed drop drastically. I don't know if its still like this but the night construction came out I picked up guthans for 10.5M and one guy got so fed up with selling guthans skirt that he gave it to me for free. :shock: Oh, and I got veracs for 5.7M.Here's some pictures.

VeracsFor5.png

GuthansFor10.png

900kProfitOffofGuthansChainskirt.png

Oh, and I quickly sold for more before I lost money. I usually don't merchant that much, I just couldn't pass up those low prices.

hells_box.png

Prices havn't dropped at all, they're still the same. It's jsut a GP becomes rarer, because a GP is an item itself, and it can become rarer and less rare. SO when you sell thta Santa for 2M less, you're probably making a profit, because the GP is rarer now with it all being sucked from the game.

Interesting, never thought of it like that, I still wouldn't look at it that way though, as the people with the rares have the same amount of money and rares, but prices of certain items are rising, meaning that it's not based on the rarity of GP, if you can understand that. In the end rares will always go up and I will always be happy when they do.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Haha, I'm picking up on like 2-3 easter eggs....I've already seen merchants trying to jack pumpkins up....lol 11m for a pumpkin on world 2....like they said, construction's new so I'd hold onto your stuff and wait for the construction craze to die, though if everyone were to wait there would be no price increase. Just wait 2-3 weeks and I expect the awesome merchants with about 100m+ will be selling easters and pumpkins at 7-8m per because they're going to be horded. Don't believe me? check out the rares forums, it speaks for itself

Prices did indeed drop drastically. I don't know if its still like this but the night construction came out I picked up guthans for 10.5M and one guy got so fed up with selling guthans skirt that he gave it to me for free. :shock: Oh, and I got veracs for 5.7M.Here's some pictures.

VeracsFor5.png

GuthansFor10.png

900kProfitOffofGuthansChainskirt.png

Oh, and I quickly sold for more before I lost money. I usually don't merchant that much, I just couldn't pass up those low prices.

+2.

Good job on that, and I made about 2mil JUST on steel bars, going to f2p and buying 600 each, and sellin 1k each on forums in one day, this morning I made about 3mil, so now I'm acually back up to where I was with like.. 6mil lol :lol:

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

wow ur an idiot...do you seriously pick planks off spawns?? who does that??? go chop trees and turn thme into planks. Yes it will die down, and this dosent affect the rare value at all, barely affects the value at all.

I agree. Before POH, high alch puts money into the economy way faster than it can handle. Now all of a sudden all those extra GP gets drained away. Jagex did another good job to control inflation after introducing crystal and barrow items (which requires repair).

However, I think that prices of everything else will gradually go back up. Just look at the nails and planks market in the last few days and you'll see why. :wink:

I sense a different motive behind this post.

THUS there will be an endless demand in planks, or other materials such as nails, clay and steel. Therefore the rare economy will plummet, so I advise you to start selling your items cheap to me now!!

I totally agree :wink:

2nd05013 wrote:

~Duke Freedom

I dont...

Havent you been banned anyway?

Do you know anything about ecomony? At all?

POH are new, and people have been waiting for it for YEARS. You're surprised that 2 days after its been released prices for supplies are still high? Dear lord, the economy must be crashing! Its 1929 all over again!

Not. Jagex created POH not only for the fun of it, but it is the PERFECT counterattack against inflation. Anyone with half a brain knows inlfation is bad for any economy, so this method of creating deflation -at extreme rates- was brilliant on Jagex's part.

It's only temporary though. So if anything, I'd advise buying. Once the hype of it wares down, the alchers will bring all the money back in.

drastically changed the economy and my net worth....

i had 20m items now i have 15

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

i doubt if alchers will bring that much money back.

in other hand jagex saw that this kind of skill does indeed stop inflation, i wouldn't be surprize if we have new skill which is also big money sucker.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

in other hand jagex saw that this kind of skill does indeed stop inflation, i wouldn't be surprize if we have new skill which is also big money sucker.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

What do you mean? Alching most likely brought in 80-90% of the money in rs. The reason there wasnt much money in rsc's economy was because you couldn't note alched object. But now you can so they can alch as much as they want. People are constantly doing it and soon about 60% of the people doing this skill will stop doing it. Most of the people I ask say they are only lvling it to the lvl they need to get the essentials (pray alter, tele room, ect.) So when people stop doing the skill the money will steady go up and prices will be back up at what they were sooner or later. This is really jus ta temporary bandade.

Oh, it's sucking out all the money :roll:

You do realize, every yew long bow alched puts 768 gp in the economy. How many you think are alched a day. Yeah....thats a lot of money

Exactly, the only way to destroy inflation is to stop the alching of noted items. Which, I doubt will ever happen.