*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

It's weird how different the live commentary can get from country to country, mine said he was hit in the face :?
Mine they weren't sure, but in the instant replay the became pretty sure...Then they played it about 5 times in post game and argued about it.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vive la France!

I don't like either of those teams, they're both too cocky, but still, I preferred France to go on, and they did. Good job French Frogs!

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Man, France was an unexpected win for me. They didn't play very good at the group rounds, and Spain had a pretty good group round. I hoped Spain would win, but alas. France is good as well. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Even without the Henry call, though, Spain didn't play all that well in the second half. It seemed like France was always in possession of the ball. IDK for sure, I haven't seen any stats on it.
I believe over the course of the game, Spain was in posession of the ball a higher percentage than France. They are constantly bringing up the chart here...It seems in the last 5 games or something the people with a higher ball possession percentage seem to be losing :|.

No football for 2 days. I don't think I can handle it.

I senced it coming, so I got the Fifa 2006 demo.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

My prediction for the semi finals:

England beats portugal because of all the yellow and reds portugal got from the bad referee game.

I *want* France to win against Brazil just because they're french. But I'm pretty sure Brazil will win. Brazil and France have both been becoming stronger teams after every game. If Brazil underestimates France they'll be down in the first half but will jump back after half time and win the game in overtime.

I just hope France's goalie won't get tricked as easily as Ghana's was.

1z2zrwo.jpg

Ghana's goalie was far out, almost any other goalie in that situation would have suffered the same feat. Although, France's goalie is really good, I like him! Brazil ftw though!! :P

As for the Spain vs France game...I don't know who would have won, but it should not have ended the way it did. France did not deserve that goal...it was a terrible call. The French player completely faked it...disgusting. Disgusting. :?

My predictions have been horribly wrong so far due to just...odd calls and things lol, but I'll go ahead and make one for the round of 8.

Brazil vs France

England vs Portugal

Italy vs Ukraine

Argentina vs Germany

:P

signaturecj5.jpg

My prediction for the semi finals:

England beats portugal because of all the yellow and reds portugal got from the bad referee game.

I *want* France to win against Brazil just because they're french. But I'm pretty sure Brazil will win. Brazil and France have both been becoming stronger teams after every game. If Brazil underestimates France they'll be down in the first half but will jump back after half time and win the game in overtime.

Mann u have big expectations there (about the french goalie) hes realyl stupid, Barthez is really crazy, he goes outa the penalty box, he takes extra risks, so nah, i think frnech will be out, but england FTW !!

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

Yea cmon ENGLAND TO WIN. Im not bothered about the rest. I want the final four to be like this.

1st:England

2nd:Argentina

3rd:Brazil

4th:Germany/france ( i haven't decided yet)

The next games include Argentina v Germany and Brazil v France. So you can't have those 4 in the top 4.

sig2ho7.jpg

Brazil vs France

England vs Portugal

Italy vs Ukraine

Argentina vs Germany

:P

I agree.

And I just WANT France to win, I don't belive that they will though.

Mann u have big expectations there (about the french goalie) hes realyl stupid, Barthez is really crazy, he goes outa the penalty box, he takes extra risks, so nah, i think frnech will be out, but england FTW !!

I like Barthez's crazieness. but atleast when he does take the risks, he usually suceeds without any harm.

Looks like BMW agrees:

France's goalie is really good, I like him!
1z2zrwo.jpg

Good point i forgot about those. ok then il try again.

1st:England

2nd:Argentina

3rd:Brazil

4th: ????

Italy :lol:

If I was rechoosing my top 4 it'd be

(first to last)

Argentina

Brazil

Portuagal

Italy

Man, France was an unexpected win for me. They didn't play very good at the group rounds, and Spain had a pretty good group round. I hoped Spain would win, but alas. France is good as well. :)

Did you see the way they were playing at the end of the Togo game?

You could tell they got their grove back :)

I have the feeling that Germany will beat Argentina, because Ballack is back, the team's offense has been great, and the crowd will be sympathetic. I think that the German defense will finally be able to improve to shut down Argentina's attack.

As for France, I think they have a good shot to take down Brasil. Despite the 3-0 win over Ghana, I think Brasil was outplayed in many aspects of that game. Against Zidane and Henry, the Brasilian team will have to be much more careful, as they'll be punished for their mistakes.

luxurymh4.jpg

I'd like to make it clear that Brazil just can't finish third. It can finish 1st 2nd or 4th. Brazilian players would be way too unmotivated by both losing the semi final and having to play a final without possibilities of winning the Cup.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I was going into football withdraw when I realized I still have Fifa 2004 on my Gamecube. Booted that sucker up and won the english premier league with Manchester United. \'

My second year as coach, what do I do? Buy Zinedine Zidane! Yeah baby! That guy is wicked, and He plays for Man U now. =P~

I was going into football withdraw when I realized I still have Fifa 2004 on my Gamecube. Booted that sucker up and won the english premier league with Manchester United. \'

My second year as coach, what do I do? Buy Zinedine Zidane! Yeah baby! That guy is wicked, and He plays for Man U now. =P~

What the hell does this have to do with the world cup?