*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

C. Ronaldo ftw,

his style poons (except for the diving) :D

for all you doubters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QXi8M_Z ... %20ronaldo

Very nice, but where's the end product? Conveniently not shown.

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhZVCLm ... do%20goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOI4daf ... do%20goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K25SMRPZ ... do%20goals

bloodyrbsig5lh.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C. Ronaldo ftw,

his style poons (except for the diving) :D

for all you doubters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QXi8M_Z ... %20ronaldo

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhZVCLm ... do%20goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOI4daf ... do%20goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K25SMRPZ ... do%20goals

bloodyrbsig5lh.gif

I believe i can fill you in on what happened next:

ronaldo.gif

Haha, man I remember that from like 04 :P

Saddening that it's more true now than it ever was.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

It's pretty funny how everyone picks on one player, when there are loads doing the diving thing for every team. But then again some people only see what they want to at times.

sig2ho7.jpg

It's pretty funny how everyone picks on one player, when there are loads doing the diving thing for every team. But then again some people only see what they want to at times.

The BBC showed footage of the diving after the game, Ronaldo was by far the worst culprit. He dived something like 4-5 times in that match.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

The BBC showed footage of the diving after the game, Ronaldo was by far the worst culprit. He dived something like 4-5 times in that match.

Yeah I know he was but I was meaning other matches and teams. I didn't see you slagging off Henry when he went down holding his face when he was touched on his chest.

I could go on for ages, but people only want to pick on ronaldo for some reason.

sig2ho7.jpg

Germany - Portugal 2:1, on extra time.

France - Italy 1:0 normal time, or 3:2 extra time, or Italians loose on penalties as usual.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

I'm glad that Zidane has the oppertunity to end his career in style :-).

Yeah, I count on an impressive Henry ft. Zidane performance this Sunday. Let's hope the Italians don't go all catenaccio again.

Funny, the French used the catenaccio style today. I hope they don't do it in the final.

Well I hope Italy manage to win on Sunday. I've never seen them lift it before (they last won it 2 years before I was born) and think that it would be good if we have a new(ish) winner. But really I wouldn't really mind if France got it, but I don't think they deserve it as much.

It's funny that Scotland will have to play the world champions and the runners up in our Euro 2008 qualifiers. Chance to be the true world champions again :P (we also have Ukraine(quarter finalists) in our group)

Yeah our already slim chances of qualifying for Euro2008 are looking even worse now. Although alot of the French players are retiring from international duty after the World Cup so we might have a chance there plus we played well against Italy in both the world cup qualifiers.

Oh & since FIFA ejected Greece and its clubs from international competitions, and since we're in the biggest qualifying group, I wonder if FIFA will have to alter the Euro qualifying in some way.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Oh & since FIFA ejected Greece and its clubs from international competitions, and since we're in the biggest qualifying group, I wonder if FIFA will have to alter the Euro qualifying in some way.

They were probably looking for something like this beforehand anyway since the competition is being held in Switzerland & Austria and those 2 teams qualify automaticaly.

sig2ho7.jpg

They were probably looking for something like this beforehand anyway since the competition is being held in Switzerland & Austria and those 2 teams qualify automaticaly.

There was no problem when it was in Belgium and Holland?

Ummm I don't really follow football so why have Greece been kicked out from International competitions? Was it because of the match fixing going on or is that totally different?

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Ummm I don't really follow football so why have Greece been kicked out from International competitions? Was it because of the match fixing going on or is that totally different?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/footba ... 141866.stm

"Government Interference" - whatever the smeg that means.

I wasn't being completely serious :wink:

But yeah I hate it when 2 teams(especially 'average' teams like Austria) automaticaly get in because it means that another team who plays well will miss out.

sig2ho7.jpg

But yeah I hate it when 2 teams(especially 'average' teams like Austria) automaticaly get in because it means that another team who plays well will miss out.

No offence but Scotland are barely average :lol:

No offence but Scotland are barely average :lol:

No offence but what? I never said Scotland were average... learn to read.

I didn't say anything about scotland :?

I said Austria were average and they are basically denying a better team a place.

sig2ho7.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm away for the month, and haven't got a chance to jump on the computer :S

I missed both semi games, but definitely will watch the finals. Can't believe Portugal is now out...but at least Italy won! Go Italy!!! \'

signaturecj5.jpg

Sorry guys, I'm away for the month, and haven't got a chance to jump on the computer :S

I missed both semi games, but definitely will watch the finals. Can't believe Portugal is now out...but at least Italy won! Go Italy!!! \'

Italy ftw we own soccer \'

Rkolegendkil.png

It's a shame this thread will be closed soon, ive had mucha fun discussing football (Soccer, whatever, i dont care, how about we call it the game you can only play with your feet? You gonna argue that we should call it "the game you cant play with your hands" if you do ill slap ya)

So in the aftermath that will be Berlin once the World Cup is over i would like to ask the viewers of the thread their opinions on the following

1) Best Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

2) Worst Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

3) Most Valuable Player?

4) Worst Team?

5) Best Team?

6) Early Predictions for the 2010 World Cup? :D (Optional lol.)

It's a shame this thread will be closed soon, ive had mucha fun discussing football (Soccer, whatever, i dont care, how about we call it the game you can only play with your feet? You gonna argue that we should call it "the game you cant play with your hands" if you do ill slap ya)

*cough*Goalkeepers*cough*

Anyway, good idea man! I'll fill in my thoughts.

1) Best Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

The goal scored by Esteban Cambiasso for Argentina against Serbia & Montenegro. So many passes my toes and fingers ran out, and the atmosphere the Argentinian fans created from it was the personification, for a little while, of the World Cup.

2) Worst Moment of the 2006 World Cup?

There's a few...and most of them involve Portugal. The France - Portugal semi was an abysmal game, ruining the good work that Germany and Italy had done in restoring the Cup's pride in the previous semi. The slugfest of Holland versus Portugal was an ugly sight. The aftermath of the Germany Argentina game was equally as shameful. I'm tempted to say the entire World Cup after the group phase, but we might be saved by a scintilating final.

3) Most Valuable Player?

This one's easy: Fabio Cannavaro. No question. The man has been a machine. Played every minute, hasn't made one mistake, and led Italy so well he's propelled them into favourites for the Cup.

4) Worst Team?

Togo were just out of their depth. European teams who could have been competitive, like Russia, Ireland et al could have replaced them. However, I'm going with Portugal again. The way their players conducted themselves in every match is shameful, and it seems their coach led by example.

5) Best Team?

The team who wins? :P You could make a claim for that, obviously, but I'm going with Ghana. This team played with such a great spirit, passion and refreshing style that the World Cup will be remembered for them, if nothing else.

6) Early Predictions for the 2010 World Cup? :D (Optional lol.)

Can't say England - Now that McLaren's in charge, my bet has come into place. I can't support them until he leaves (I'm a man of my word). So I'll go with...Uruguay? :D

1) Best Moment of the 2006 World Cup? Has to be Cambiasso's & Maxi Rodriguez's goals. Just amazing stuff it was.

2) Worst Moment of the 2006 World Cup? The disgrace that was the Portugal/Holland match.

3) Most Valuable Player? Zidane. I think France would have struggled to get to the final if they didn't have his vast experience and skill. Since the group stages he's just cemented his place as one of the greatest footballers ever.

4) Worst Team? Czech Rep - apart from their first match they just showed why they should not be in the world top 10 rank.

5) Best Team? Apart from the obvious heavyweights, possibly Australia. I think they played better than anyone could have realisticly predicted. They were a good team to watch.

6) Early Predictions for the 2010 World Cup? :D (Optional lol.) Uhh Brazil?

sig2ho7.jpg