Tip.It Times Presents: Construction; Deflation or Not?

oddfaery2

HEY DUKE... IM NEW TO THE TIP.IT FORUMS ... I HAVE BEEN USING TIP.IT FOR AGES NOW BUT NEVER BEEN BOTHERED TO REGISTER FOR FROUMS... SO HERE I AM.

A WELL WRITEN REPORT

I AM SO JELOUS OF ALL U GUYS!!!

U TALKING IN LIKE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND STUFF... I STRUGLE TO GET AND KEEP 1 MIL AND I BEEN PLAYING SINCE RSC?!?!?!?!?!?!

crystal_cape.png

16537th to get 99 fletching 20th june 2007

quest cape achieved 25th january 2008

1700 total 13th july 2008

click for blog

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY DUKE... IM NEW TO THE TIP.IT FORUMS ... I HAVE BEEN USING TIP.IT FOR AGES NOW BUT NEVER BEEN BOTHERED TO REGISTER FOR FROUMS... SO HERE I AM.

A WELL WRITEN REPORT

U TALKING IN LIKE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND STUFF... I STRUGLE TO GET AND KEEP 1 MIL AND I BEEN PLAYING SINCE RSC?!?!?!?!?!?!

Good to hear, here a tip for starters, don't type in all caps, its annoying to read.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

A WELL WRITEN REPORT

Good to hear, here a tip for starters, don't type in all caps, its annoying to read.

thank for that..

ummm one quick question ... how do u add a picture your post??

crystal_cape.png

16537th to get 99 fletching 20th june 2007

quest cape achieved 25th january 2008

1700 total 13th july 2008

click for blog

this skill has had one of the oddest impacts on the rs ecomeny i think because when it first came out it it seemed to be a "merchenter's skill" due to the fact that it cost so much money, yet it cause most high priced items to drop severly or barely..... :wink:

Getting another sig

[removed]

You know, being a free player myself I wouldn't know much, but I've seen friends constructing and when I was a member I chipped in a bit myself. However that draws from the point. Maybe it was Jagex plan to get rid of a little excessed cash, however. They made a mistake by making this skill member's only. By far the most wealthy people in the game are members but there are a lot of upperclass freeplayers as well. I think there's just a bit of an overreaction here.

I don't make the rules, I break them...

May your bloodthirst be never stated, and may all your battles be glorious. Zamorak brings you strength!

Dragon+49044.png

ok so jagex intended on construction being a money drain and it is..prices dropped but only for the first few days. most items have steadily raised to near their starting price except for rares. which, correct me if im wrong, was proberly the reason why jagex wanted to remove money from the economy?

rares have more or less doubled, and dont show any signs of slowing down- this is a total reverse effect of what was intended. so tell me..if theres less money, then why have these rares more than doubled in price? it doesn't seem right at all

s_dav135.png

Well the theoretical effects discussed in the article are all long-term, whatever happens on the short-midlong-term has little to do with that.

The recent rises in rares are rather extreme though. There has never been a month with a higher price growth then last month, so it's most likely that the following months will have a much slower price growth. There may be more to the recent price rises then just "a normal price rise" though, as I heard that there was some bug with the money in the treasure room for a few days, that allowed people to 'dupe' the 50K in it, though not in an 'instant' way.

Either way, I did some new calc's on the total exp gained / gp drained by construction and it seems construction lost a great deal of interest since it first came out; as expected.

In the 3 weeks that passed since I wrote the article to now, the total exp of all players on the construction highscores grew from 9bil to about 15.5bil. This means people are now leveling at a speed of 0.3bil / a day (and probably lower, since this is an average over the past 3 weeks, construction was probably still more popular at the start of that period).

I'm still considering adapting the 8gp / exp rate as there are quite a few people saying it should be higher, but for now I'll just use the 8gp / exp rate to keep the calculations in line. Multiplying that by the current amount of exp gained / day gives us 2.4bil gp drained / day. That should still have a reasonable, though not definite, impact on the gp growth rate (6-7bil gp) to at least slow down the inflation process a bit.

Erm unless I'm mistaken and the numbers in that graph don't mean millions of gp, your graph is quite a bit off, though I can't vouch for easters pumpkins and santas, I can say with reasonable certainty that:

green masks are now 21.5mil

blue masks are 28mil

reds are (roughly) 53mil

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

Sold my red mask for 36m :-w

I had bought it for 18 mill earlire and haven't done anything for this price rise, i was very inactive in rs.

It truly amazed me after all my palying in rs i made most money ever by doing nothing instead of "working" for my money :-s

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)

I am sick and tired of so many people having so much money. It doesn't even signify anything if you have 1 mille anymore. I remember when a r2h was 1 mille. That's when 1 mille was a lot. Now you find that on the ground like everyday.

The+Team.png

The Team- The Anti-Hacker Combatant

Well, Construction really has made an impact on the RS economy. However, even if Jagex did do this on purpose. They reversed it in a way with Pest Control. After 3 hours of playing that game I had 200k in my pocket and alot more experience than normal training would have done. The amount of GP being generated by this game is incredible concidering thats 25 players in games playing for 1 minute. Now im not even going to bother to do the math on that, but after the couple of weeks it has been out. A lot of GP has been generated and is continuing to be generated. That GP alone could finance the cost of construction or put the economy back into inflation.

Duke, you should get your own page on tip.it, with (weekly, monthly,...) updates on rare prices and strange things that happen to the economy. _If_ you have the time and commitment for it.

Would be alot easier than these articles and I think alot of people will be interested in it.

Edit: I too would be interested in seeing you get a phat / certain amount of gp / ... on a new charachter :) .

Duke, you should get your own page on tip.it, with (weekly, monthly,...) updates on rare prices and strange things that happen to the economy. _If_ you have the time and commitment for it.

Would be alot easier than these articles and I think alot of people will be interested in it.

Edit: I too would be interested in seeing you get a phat / certain amount of gp / ... on a new charachter :) .

It would greatly interest me if anyone at all managed to get from 25gp to a phat without any support from friends (E.G. Donations). As it seems to me the best money making methods in the game are insignificant compared to the rates at which rares rise. Back when i could afford a purple phat they were 10m, i have been a VERY active player since then, so surely constantly making money. However my bank is only worth 40m and purples are about 170 now.

runescape name is also finny50.

Quit runescape.