another word jagex has blocked?

cool_sean123

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that awhile back. I have no idea why they would block that word - someone says because of the no personal details rule, but it only makes things harder for regular players.

We can't say, "hold on, the phone's ringing"

But now people are obviously safe from predators, they can't say phone to ask for a phone number! Great job jagex. I mean when someone says fone they won't know what they predator's talking about, and therefore stay safe. Genius.

I noticed that awhile back. I have no idea why they would block that word - someone says because of the no personal details rule, but it only makes things harder for regular players.

But now people are obviously safe from predators, they can't say phone to ask for a phone number! Great job jagex. I mean when someone says fone they won't know what they predator's talking about, and therefore stay safe. Genius.

meh u can still bypass the censords, making it usless. i say its stupied.

RuneScape is a drug with the street value of 2gp.

meh u can still bypass the censords, making it usless. i say its stupied.

Ugh.

That's what I basically said, sarcastically.

Sarcasm eludes even the best of us sometimes.

Except me.

:P I think Jagex is getting a bit too spastic with the filter.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I don't really see many reasons why anywould would need to use the word "phone" in RS. Granted, Jagex could censor much more useful words based on that sentence, but I really haven't ever typed "phone" in game. You can just say "Hold a sec, I gotta take this call" or something like that, or just "A moment, please".

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Well, they broke my name this latest update. It seems they decided that bad grammar (thats and wheres) was not even half as bad as my name. :lol:

I'm now a Lai*rob. Sorry, but I really fail to see where the offensive part of my name is.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Why in the Name of Guthix did they block "there's", "where's", etc. without the apostrophes?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

That is unblocked again Toxicologist. As I said, it seems they would focus more on evil things, like "k"s in the middle of names. :wink:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Why in the Name of Guthix did they block "there's", "where's", etc. without the apostrophes?

Play Runescape and learn grammar at the same time.

deadforumslol.png

Maybe they're looking for funds from the government and the one condition was that they put some educational aspects in the game :lol:

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Maybe they're looking for funds from the government and the one condition was that they put some educational aspects in the game :lol:

I said that runescape was becoming a grammar school to my mate about that, it's absolutely ridiculous. :evil:

Also, they've apparently uncensored "thats" etc. check the "noob censored" thread

lifeqe6.png

single_skill1134687151.png

I tried giving someone advice like 2 months ago and 'phone' was blocked to ... i tried to by pass the filter ... hell i even used telegraph (CENSORED TO) :?

Kinda going to far that jagex even blocks that in my opinion :oops:

i think bras is blocked because I was selling bars resterday and my word got blocked

S is blocked also and so is ...im

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

they block out the last part of my name for some odd reason .. i mean come on... qsbillaBONG

"Ive always tried to kill the greatest man alive, but then I finally realize that suicide is not the answer"

QsBillabong