Runescape Learned Me a Few Things.

Clan_Chat_Op

I remember in chemistry class, the teacher asked if anybody knew what bronze was made out of. I did!

He also asked about steel another time.

I'm still waiting for somebody to ask what glass is made out of...

Also, pineapples grow on the ground. (Jagex didn't know this at first) Those kids over at ebaumsworld... were perplexed, lol.http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=144540

Anything else you picked up from runescape... because although this is only a game and things are made up... a lot of it is true.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the link dosent work for me :-k

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

the link dosent work for me :-k

apparently its innapproprate. oh well.

Our history teacher asked us to name some wedieval weapons

Btw, your still on my ignore list for saying HYT to me ingame.

siggykv.jpg

I Learnt how to scam kids :) (joke)

I did actually learn how to merchant :D

I hope i'm gunna be a billionaire? \:D/

Current: "1 like lummy" My Pker

Feel free to add me - pchat is always on :)

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

oh ye im doing economics next year and geography we are learning about fairtrade.....

i learnt about supply and demand on runescape and it comes up in those two subjects :mrgreen: no wonder i got 81% in end of year exam :twisted:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

RuneScape taught me about the corrosive and explosive properties of limestone. It taught me about navigating with a sextant. It taught me what you get when you mix nitroglycerin with charcoal. It taught me not a few things about the English culture. It even taught me that you take lemon with Earl Grey, not milk.

Oh, and it taught me to let sleeping dragons lie ...

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

Our teacher Chemestry asked about atoms.

Didn't know how to translate the 5 (from stuff like H2SO3 but with 5's)

Then I tought about the Pentagon (MOM), yay, I got it right!

Not that I would have failed if I had it wrong...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

As I'm dutch, my english really improved at some points. :)

Especially about medieval things :P

+1.

But I hate I make mistakes because other people on Runescape write the words wrong!!!!

Graaaaa :frustration:

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I'm not sure, but to make glass you need chemical called lime which I think is from seaweed.

Contrary to popular belief, lime does not come from seaweed, it comes from limes.

Also it has nothing to do with the glass making process.

In fact, did you know that the natural color of glass is green? It's because of iron impurities in the sand. This is the same reason emeralds are green. They're just lumps of quartz with iron impurities in them. The same goes for sapphires, except those also have cobalt. It's all very interesting, really. All a diamond is is quartz, but with carbon atoms arranged in perfect squares, making it nearly impossible to scratch. (Since the atoms are so well reinforced, you see.) That's actually a common misconception, about diamonds being hard. A diamond is hard in the way that you can't scratch it, except with a few very resilient elements. You could take a diamond and crush it with a hammer, no problem. You could crush that mother into a little pile of powder and blow it in your jeweler's face, but you could try all day and never scratch it.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

Ya I found out about bronze and what not too lol. Plus with the chemistry section of for the initiate armor, I know stuff from that too. Also maybe Runescape should still teach how to use grammer.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

My friend plays and he merchants in real life. Goes to shops, buys packs of polos 18p each and sells for a cool 25p in school. Lucky dude.

And you'd be making all of 7p a transaction ...

He should buy very badly damaged used cars off e-bay for as cheap as possible, then scrap the outsides and sell the parts. I made a few hundred dollars that way when I couldn't pay for my college books.

40onagdca1.png

Oh yeah. That's right.

I'm not sure, but to make glass you need chemical called lime which I think is from seaweed.

Contrary to popular belief, lime does not come from seaweed, it comes from limes.

In fact, did you know that the natural color of glass is green? It's because of iron impurities in the sand. This is the same reason emeralds are green. They're just lumps of quartz with iron impurities in them. The same goes for sapphires, except those also have cobalt. It's all very interesting, really. All a diamond is is quartz, but with carbon atoms arranged in perfect squares, making it nearly impossible to scratch. (Since the atoms are so well reinforced, you see.) That's actually a common misconception, about diamonds being hard. A diamond is hard in the way that you can't scratch it, except with a few very resilient elements. You could take a diamond and crush it with a hammer, no problem. You could crush that mother into a little pile of powder and blow it in your jeweler's face, but you could try all day and never scratch it.

you sounded so professional, and yet, its copper that make the galss green

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

My friend plays and he merchants in real life. Goes to shops, buys packs of polos 18p each and sells for a cool 25p in school. Lucky dude.

He should buy very badly damaged used cars off e-bay for as cheap as possible, then scrap the outsides and sell the parts. I made a few hundred dollars that way when I couldn't pay for my college books.

I'm only 13, so I don't really want to buy cars off e-bay, oh and he buys about 100 packs a day, making ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7 a day, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã35 a week, and ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1820 a year. A lot for a 13 year old :D

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Actually I'm only 13, so maybe buying cars off e-bay is a little advanced, but my friend buys about 100+ packs a day so thats ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7 roughly a day, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã35 pound a week (5 days to a school week), and roughly ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1800 a year. That's quite a lot for a 13 year old.

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Its not lime you need... its soda ash. But lime is used to make the process go a little smoother... something about the compound liquifiying... and lime fixes that. When glassmaking first starting out... lime wasn't used... but today in big factories, it is.

siggykv.jpg