Do you ever think how much time you spent on playing rs?

megakiller32

Yes sure, you asked for it.

Now you're attempting to cover up for your lack of attention by insulting me and trying to be funny all at once.

Neither worked. I'm not going to hand over the spotlight that easy. Now stay on topic before this thread gets locked.

And you seem to be someone who's getting beated by your whife and will end up to be a serial killer.

Oh Im pretty good at being an psychologist!!11one

I'll stay on topic now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sleep anywhere from 8-13 horus a day. Ya I just love sleep.

When I have nothing to do on a day with no school and no obligations I can play up to 8 or 10 hours :shock: I once went nuts and played 13 hours :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regular summer days I play 4 or 6 hours. This summer I predict me playing 4 hours a day every other day. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

Played for about a year and a half. Play RS eveyday for about 1 - 3 hours during weekdays and up to 4 maybe 5 when it's getting exciting (lol?) during weekends and when i don't have school.

I have a balanced life. I don't usually go N0valyfe but sometimes i play late at night. I can only remember two days when i played like 7 hours during the weekend. When i was doing Desert Treasure, yes i finished it in one day at lvl 80 something :P, and when i was playing castle wars (how can you get enough of that game?!). And how can you NOT play runescape??? I'm still gonna play even if I get hacked/ banned/ scammed/ whatever. Maybe make a pure when i can't play on my main (i have a lvl 9 with like 15 magic, i've pked a power ammy too!). But whenever i'm on my noob acc i feel like I'm waisting time not training.

OMG look at my stats... i can't pk at all.

RUNESCAPE IS THE BEST GAME OUT THERE! :wink:

Have a balanced lyfe:

http://kbase.runescape.com/viewarticle. ... le_id=2091

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

Yes sure, you asked for it.

Now you're attempting to cover up for your lack of attention by insulting me and trying to be funny all at once.

Neither worked. I'm not going to hand over the spotlight that easy. Now stay on topic before this thread gets locked.

And you seem to be someone who's getting beated by your whife and will end up to be a serial killer.

Oh Im pretty good at being an psychologist!!11one

I'll stay on topic now.

Keep making yourself look like an idiot, I'm sure Rune Thug wouldn't mind verbally beating you again.

deadforumslol.png

Balance is essential in life. Even though many folks who play this game have oodles of time to "waste," you'll soon realize that you cannot balance family, friends, school/work, all while developing/maintaining a decent personality if you play this game to the detriment of other important things....

One of the saddest things I read was when N0valyfe (no life) mentioned how he essentially sacrificed the quality of his real life for the "honor" of being top score on RS...

Granted, this isn't necessarily going to be a very receptive audience, and I will be the first to admit, I likely play this game too much. I will absolutely say, however, that the sacrifices I take are from my own life (as in, I watch television and decent movies less often) but I still maintain the relationships/responsibilities with those around me. My friends, job, girlfriend, and family come first, no exceptions.

Lastly, it's summer, so if you have the time and want to spend your time playing, why the hell not, eh?

Hope none of you took this the wrong way as it's not meant as a diatribe, but it's just my thoughts.

Thanks --- :lol:

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

I just play when I have time

wiich is almost always lol since i don't do sports or any other activity

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

do you ever think about how much time you spend sleeping?

what is this "sleeping" of which you speak?

best one i have ever heard i quote that

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

I would have to admit that I probably play a bit too often. Sometimes a friend calls to go for a drink and I'm like 'oh no, I just planted my watermelons' and I ask them if it's okay if I'll join them in an hour.

I'm ashamed now :oops:

I play way too much. On weekends I can get up to 18 hours in. I play usually 4-8 hours on college nights.

I have kinda sacraficed things .. We never do much as a family anyways, and Ive kinda become more distant from friends. I do play way too much, but if it wasn't runescape, it would be soemthing else (used to be neopets lmao) ..Anyways.

About only time I didnt play was my 2 week vacation, and all of that time I was worrying about my stats lol

I'm ebarrased :oops:

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

I would have to admit that I probably play a bit too often. Sometimes a friend calls to go for a drink and I'm like 'oh no, I just planted my watermelons' and I ask them if it's okay if I'll join them in an hour.

I'm ashamed now :oops:

Hehe...

I would love to have a play counter, that showed time online etc, I started playing in dec 2005 and people always say to me how you get so high after playing only 6 months, but I do put the hours in, tons of them.

I am fortunate to be old(ish) ,and in a job where I can play RS all day if I want, I play golf at weekends but still play for 4-5hours if I can on a sat and sun, during the week I play for over 10hrs a day, almost every day.

Looking at the posts here, people say ohh I play for 2-3 hrs a day, but why is it most people on my friends list seem to be logged in far more than what people in here are letting on...

I personally think playing RS helps you in life, it's very good on social skills, and gives you a insight into how you learn to manage money, it's not a substitute on life, but I would rather my kids played Runescape then a Playstation or beat em ups on the PC

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

Yeah, at least runescape isnt teaching people to steal cars, or go out shooting people (in real tolife situations)

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Yes, I think about it.. But then I also think that it's not any worse that watching tv..

And then I also look at those thing that I have "achieved" in my life:

I got a lovely girlfriend..

I got the best family..

I got great grades..

And I'm on a contract with my soccer club..

:-$

So, yes I think about it. But when I look at it in a perspective with the other things I can't really bother worrying.. :)

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

ok so I play runescape "too" much, but what else would I be doing?

watching TV?, getting drunk and making a fool of myself?, loitering in the town?, studying to turn the 85%s into 95s?

Whilst all of these are good options gaming has many advantages, and not just the reflex improvements, the mental improvements (shock! you have to think to play a game), there are many benefits to gaming whether it be infront of a screen or on a football pitch.

That and I don't play loads every month of the year, I'm one of those on and off members who plays a lot during some months to get his money's worth and then plays very little during non-holiday periods.

So If your'e concerned it's quite possible you should be, but I doubt most of you don't need to listen to everyone saying you should get out more, they play RS less, but only because they're sat there thinking up new insults and bad spellings.

And remember to eat, get exercise, and eat your 56million portions of fruit and veg every day, or is it 5?...

Remember your country code, and SHUT THE GATES!

I try not to tihnk about it. Makes me want to kill myself.

Off topic: :D Just made 300k in 5 minutes merchanting :D

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

All you people trying to prove something saying omg get a life

you should play whenever you feel like it, wheres the hurting in

playing when you are bored? you can't do anything wrong with

your life because youll always know when you are doing something

that has a negative impact on your body or your whole social thing

anyway you'll learn a lesson, have fun playing rs and then you die

really... play whenever you want to play it's all good aslong as you

feel good about it, if you don't feel good about it because people are

spamming you up with 'omg get a life' then your problem isnt RS

then you are just too insecure

I might play 1 hour a day during the school year, mabye 2 during weekends. But during the summer, I play for as long as I want because most of my friends already travelled. But I DO get bored of RS after a while and stop.

Runescape is merely a way to make time pass by quickly. When I'm bored and there is nothing do it, I watch TV or play Runescape, that's that.

waeldwade4jph.jpg

Runescape Status = RETIRED AS OF 15/08/2006

Combat 105, 1488 Total (I Beat the addiction :D)

Yea but what do i have to show for my time? Nothing but pixels
This is why Runescape is a WASTE OF TIME - smart man

i play when there is nothing else to do. friends studying/bar closed/nothing on tv/or simply weather is terible outside. also nights after school/work at home before going to bed.

is it healthy? not too much. constant sitting and watching screen is bad .. but noone escaped this earth alive, so we all die, just question is when u in death bed what u will remmeber? your rs achevements or your life?

i don't wanna say that my best year was in RS, so far it's not and i'm keepign it that way :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Well... I do think of the things I use to do when I didn't play Runescape.

I use to play runescape a lot in middle school. Then I stopped when I got hacked.

Then I got into drugs and had a major problem all through highschool. But in my senior year, I started playing runescape again. I got a girlfriend who cares about me. I got a good decent job (for a 18 year old kid) at Home Depot. I'm going to college at Florida State University and I stopped doing drugs.

To be honest, If I wasn't playing Runescape right now, I'd be hitting a bong just because I'm bored.

That's awesome you quit drugs man. Good JOb! =D>

sigjoy8pe.png

I SURVIVED THE 111 BUG

If a turtle doesnt have a shell, is it naked or homeless ?

A lot of the replies here are straw man arguments -- in other words, it's great you're not out there doing evil deeds, but that doesn't mean that this game doesn't come at its own costs.... Do you exercise as much as you used to? I don't, and though many of us are young who play this game, I can guarantee that sitting lethargically at a computer is not healthy -- even if it "teaches" things about economics and other supposed "social" skills. Yes, this game may be not as bad as other alternatives, but that doesn't excuse the fact that many play this game too much.***

** "Too much" is relative obviously. If you have the time, then by all means, spend it as you wish. But, when playing this game comes at the expense of careers, relationships, or your own health, it's something worth considering.

I won't preach (and I fear I may have too much already), though I myself have given this much thought, and again I will reiterate, BALANCE is essential.

Also, you might consider that while playing this game is -at times- rather fun, it also means you may incur other opportunity costs insofar as you are missing out on maybe meeting/hanging out with friends, reading that book that might change your life, or perhaps just simply enjoying life outside. God created the outdoors for man to enjoy, and as fun as RS is, it doesn't compare in the slightest.

Okay, now I'm getting rather preachy, so whew, that is definitely enough from me. :) Take care all -- happy RSing :P

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

i go on a about 2 hours in week days.. 3 hours is very rare maybe gone on for 3 hours like 10 times out of the 5 years i have been playing this games. I like never on during weekends. OVER the summer is a diffrent story, the only thing is i just hang out and chat. Thats about it, and from time to time do some runescape skills or something.. Its almost like IMing people i don't know :D

Currently Working on: Basically Quit... Messing up my pure atm though// Hehe

Main Name: Anishr

Join the official Barbarian Assult channel, #ba in irc.

Lets just say the other day i went to the mall and thought "this world is too crowed, we should switch"

good thing i didn't say it out loud.

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.