*Official* WoW topic. All discussion & questions here!

donutjunkie

I was/am thinking about buying wOw but i found out it costs like 12.99 a month plus the 39.99 just to get it

how do you afford wOw and play rs at the same time?

why the hell would you play runescape after discovering wow?

Very

Very

True

I'm addicted to WoW.

-True Story

Foooman.png

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone loves a classic SM/Ruin spec!

I was mucking about as a soul link for a few weeks while we learned the Twin Emps (we use warlock tanks on the caster emp, and I'm one of them) and I hated it. The only thing I miss from it is sacc'ing a void and grinding with it, 'cause SM/Ruin *really* isn't a good grinding specc.

That, and I got shadowtrance withdrawals. I *like* hearing the sound, jumping, turning and doing SHADOWBOLT IN YOUR FACE, to whoever it is I'm fighting. SM/Ruin is like driving a car, and SL is like driving a truck; It's harder to stop, but the driving experience still sucks.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Easier to keep someone with 300 buffed shadow res standing than a tank in full tanking gear + since I actually actively generate aggro other warlocks and mages can actually do damage to the caster emp as well, if time permits/should the need arise. Healing someone getting shadowbolted with 300 shadow resistance is a lot easier on the healers than any other tactic.

Only problem is that I'm getting the aggro by searing pain spam rather than proxy aggro, so if I get unlucky with resists, the melee emp tank spends almost an entire port cycle tanking the caster emp which always stresses the healers out, hehe.

hmmm well my friend has 256 ram and it runs pretty good on his pc i htink it will cause its the minimum specs.

Remember, minimum specs are what you need to run the game. Just because you have what's required doesn't mean it's going to run well.. At all. I used to play games having only the minimum specs and they seemed ok. Then I got my gaming notebook and everything ran so much better. Not as much lag (though I play on wireless internet so it f* up sometimes..), amazing graphics, and I could actually go from town to town without a chance of locking up my computer. If you truely want to play the good games, I suggest forking out the money to buy at least a decent machine.

i have half a gig of ram and mine still lags a lot especially in MC

Lag in MC already?

BWL and AQ has some area with LOTS of monster so must be Lots of lag

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Lagwing Lair is always interesting. Grethok and his two adds were "unknown entities" for every single try the night we downed him, and for the longest of times there were who got disconnected upon entering the instance.

Naxx is plain silly though. It loads the entire instance right away due to the layout of the place, which means even with 1.5gig of RAM, entering Naxx drops my FPS by something like 40%. And the moment we start AoE'ing the small spiders in the spider wing, one might as well call it seconds per frame!

naxx is big.. and the boss are very fun to fight with...

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

i just bought wow, and it seems like the only thing to do is kill things and do boring quests.......

That's cause you just bought WoW. Wait till you get to around level 18 and you can start running instances and try your hand at PvP.(WC if you're horde or VC if you're alliance). Honestly, the game begins at 60. Getting there is just the boring part.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

i just bought wow, and it seems like the only thing to do is kill things and do boring quests.......

I cant believe that anyone who's played RS would say that WoW quests are boring. When I switched games, I was freaking out over the un-boringness of even the most tedious things on WoW.

I cant believe that anyone who's played RS would say that WoW quests are boring. When I switched games, I was freaking out over the un-boringness of even the most tedious things on WoW.

Some quests you litterally talk to one person. Walk 3 feet west. Talk to someone. Finished! Level 6 from a 6 second quest is deffinantly ftw \'

So many things to do in WoW! The lvl 60's I've seen look like they have no life.. Probaly have the Sword of a Thousand Truths! :XD:

(hahaha, southpark ftw)

yeah and even if you get lv 60 and do raid.. getting owned by boss is boring too

twss.jpg

But no gaming experience quite beats working togheter as a team to figure a new encounter out, and then defeating it. Well, mastering it is kinda nice, but that first kill when you finalize your tactics based on previous runs... Analyzing what went wrong, discussing how to fix it, and then actually doing it. They're remarkably good at constructing encounters so that even the ones where you can adapt strategies from other, easier encounters, there's a new element that has to be taken into account.

Easier to keep someone with 300 buffed shadow res standing than a tank in full tanking gear + since I actually actively generate aggro other warlocks and mages can actually do damage to the caster emp as well, if time permits/should the need arise. Healing someone getting shadowbolted with 300 shadow resistance is a lot easier on the healers than any other tactic.

Only problem is that I'm getting the aggro by searing pain spam rather than proxy aggro, so if I get unlucky with resists, the melee emp tank spends almost an entire port cycle tanking the caster emp which always stresses the healers out, hehe.

lol that sounds complicated

-- rs version--

i put on auto retaliate and shot a special off with my magic bow as a tank range then switched to verac and used the rest of the special with my dds getting 4 his in and then drank a p pot and sara brew as my opponent hit a 46 with dharocks then i quickly finished him off with a couple whips to the [wagon], and the party hat was mine!