Party Hats - Future Prices

azn_warri0r

Most of the people against phats are ones that never have or currently don't have one. :boohoo:

If you had a phat now you would be sitting back and LOVING the price increase. If people are still buying them they will never drop.

Hambonez

99 Combat

1500 skill total

80 smithing

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The party hats are responsible for nearly destroying the runescape economy. It is because of Party hats the Jagex developed the new holiday item system. (just a quick history leson)

The party hats are responsible for nearly destroying the runescape economy. It is because of Party hats the Jagex developed the new holiday item system. (just a quick history leson)

Its NOT because of party hats, its because of santa hats, and how people were absolute jerks when they complained about the drop times.

my rs goal is to be just like the saradomin follower in my sig

in order to get that i need a white p hat

if the prices keep going up, i'll never be able to be a sara follower because im a poor f2p player

to be honest with you...you will never own a party hat as an f2p...its just a fact...santa at the most

Drgnriderx11.png

Are you kidding me? The gp would be there anyway this just gives something in the place of it.

If party hats didn't exist there would still be the same amount of cash circulating as there is now.

Hambonez

99 Combat

1500 skill total

80 smithing

If you had a phat now you would be sitting back and LOVING the price increase. If people are still buying them they will never drop.

You're right. Who wouldn't want to have a cash cow that generates a cool 500 million (that can be used on skills or fun stuff), regardless of the holder's skills or merchanting ability?

RuneScape isn't a meritocracy, and I don't pretend that it is for even a second. But the new nontradeable status on current holiday items is great, as it prevents drops which are intended for FUN from being exploited by ruthless opportunists. Unfortunately, many people still feed the rares craze by paying such outrageous prices.

I personally believe that my nontradeable, free bunny ears give me more respect and status in RuneScape than any party hat ever could.

luxurymh4.jpg

if the prices keep going up, i'll never be able to be a sara follower because im a poor f2p player

to be honest with you...you will never own a party hat as an f2p...its just a fact...santa at the most

HA, I got a friend whos a pure F2P and has 5 of every phat and 6 santas.

Unfortunatly he wont give me one for free :P

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

party hats, santas, and masks depend on how many there are left in rs... aparently, over 800 santas are already gone and a lot of party hats aren't left in rs so if there are more party hats then price would lower, if more are gone, they raise..

Let's just say.... I was online at the time when they where dropped... At that time you could buy it for 1k.... now it's worth a hell of a lot more, although they where duped ....

You're right dude! I think the price of a stupid party hat is riddiculous nowdays. They should be worth like 500k, not millions... it's just... stupid :?

Phat prices are determined by their looks. That's what alot of Lower lvl players can't understand. It's all about supply and demand! :wink:

And let me guess, he started playing rs in 2002 or 2003?

Hes probably talking about never being able to get one if you started making money now. But theres f2p'ers out there who definitely can get more than a Santa. I even for one have owned a mask recently. :wink:

The point is, I just cant see Blues going up to 3b and the cap is around 2.1b?

If they rise to over the money cap, alternative easily obtainable items (such as feathers, trading sticks) will become the discontinued items' currency.

Hegel.png

Yeah thats I'm trying to say. Something or someone has been jacking theses prices up lol. All it takes is one person to jack up the price the rest will follow. Its much easier with P hats because less people buy em.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THEY ARE GOING TO CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO1 buys them for enjoyment anymore. People used to raise money just to afford a phat. Now its too much money to save up and people dont wanna waste time to do it. The dumb merchants have been buying and selling them back and forth to eachother for like a year now. Its gonna end soon enough. I dont care what that hilarious guy who thinks hes a god of merchanting says either. They crashed before they gonna crash again soon enough

No sir Mr rs2 prod Jagex got mad the Christmas they released Santa Hats because people were selling them so then th ey decided never to make a tradeable holiday drop again... If u played back then u would know.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THEY ARE GOING TO CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO1 buys them for enjoyment anymore. People used to raise money just to afford a phat. Now its too much money to save up and people dont wanna waste time to do it. The dumb merchants have been buying and selling them back and forth to eachother for like a year now. Its gonna end soon enough. I dont care what that hilarious guy who thinks hes a god of merchanting says either. They crashed before they gonna crash again soon enough

Your bang on.

who cares about phat prices? even if they continue to go up, what can we do? huh. if jagex wanted to make something about it, they would have done so long time ago.

but yea, i do agree with the idea that one day it would get so high that there are only two possibilties:

1) nobody wanna buy it. even if they could afford, they wouldn't wanna buy it. cauz nobody recognizes it anymore, it's so rare. they would say, what's that crown, instead of, omg, a super-duper rich player.

2) jagex makes crowns available for everyone. it has to be lol. juz jking but i wish it was, i always liked the white phat

either way, it does no harm to me. one day, all the rares are gonna disappear sooner or later. what happens when only ten party hats are left in runescape? what would be the point of hoarding? eh.

but it would mean that it's time to sell off my mask set. i reckon i sell for 100 mill when its time.

lol there going to drop when they reach on average of 1bil i predict as more people will realise they cant afford them :P :oops:

personally i own 5santas but i think i might sell as they are becoming to expensive and restrict what i do in the game as only have like 3mil otherwise :evil: :evil:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Its easy to blame merchants for the high prices of rares -- but the fact is that they can only charge what another player is willing to pay for the item. None of the people starting these posts about rare prices seems to realize the simple truth.

A lot of the people who pay the high prices end up never selling the rare again -- result is lower supply and higher demand --> higher prices.

I know that I will never sell off my white p hat -- I have no use of the cash it can get me-- which is why it was bought in the first place. The same is the case for a lot of other rare owners. The reason is that there are not many avenues in the game to use up the cash in a more productive manner- yet there are far too many ways of generating more cash in the game.

Those who typically complain about high rare prices are those who do not generate cash or wealth faster than the average rate of cash generation in the game. The only advice for them is to work on skills until they reach a point where they can generate cash faster. If you are going to compete to buy an item, you have to be better at wealth generation than most of the others competing for the item.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

I can see them making rares untradable and having a store that rares can only be sold to for the current market price.

i cant see jagex selling anything at the current market price because coal ore is 200ea but buys from shops for a lot less. i can see them making them untradeable though

Drgnriderx11.png

And let me guess, he started playing rs in 2002 or 2003?

Hes probably talking about never being able to get one if you started making money now. But theres f2p'ers out there who definitely can get more than a Santa. I even for one have owned a mask recently. :wink:

you're really bad at guessing

i've only been playing for about a year and am poor

i just need some money so i can start merchanting