Egg Trading Challenge!

chrispminis

Introduction

Alright, so inspired by that guy who in RL traded a red clip or something and is now rich. Basically the idea of this challenge is to replicate this sort of thing in Runescape. Starting off with a single egg, trade your way to fame and riches. I invite others to attempt this challenge, but only do it when you have a lot of time, because it will take a lot of time, especially at the start. Really, nobody has to try it, it just means more fame and uniqueness for me lol. This is really just for me to try to accomplish something that few have done.

Rules

1. The trading game is started with a single egg, acquired by any means, typically picked up at a chicken coop.

2. You may only trade the egg, or items that are linked to the egg through trading, no external items, such as freebies, respawns etc.

3. You may NOT trade with NPC's, only players. Ex. With a few gp, you cannot run off to the general store and buy some 1gp items.

4. You must keep a log of your trades, which includes; your items traded, the items you recieved, the player with whom you traded, their level, and not mandatory, but helps credibility, a screenshot of the trade confirmation window.

5. You cannot augment your items in any way. Ex. Smithing a bar, or filling a jug with milk. They must be in their original state.

6. You cannot trade services. Ex. Creating fires, crafting etc.

7. While you are in trading game mode, your inventory must only contain the active items you have acquired from the trading game.

8. You may trade for/with multiple items.

9. You may only carry a full inventory's worth of trading game items, although you may drop items but indicate it in your log.

10. You may NOT make ridiculous trades, with your own accounts, with your friends etc. Ex. trading your egg for the 6 mil you have on your main.

11. You may use more than one server.

12. You are allowed to convert items to note form in order to conserve space, or to make your items a little more appealing to the market.

Unofficial Rules

You may inform people that you are participating in the Egg Trading Challenge, but it is not encouraged since it does provide an advantage.

You are not encouraged to scam people.

You should not exploit the rules, and if you find a hole it the rules above, please post suggestions here. Honour system please.

About Me

Alright, well I started this game in 2002, back in RSC. I quit just after the release of RS2 and have played VERY occasionally since then. I still have my bunny ears to prove it. Anyways, I have just restarted simply because, the trading game idea sounded cool, and I didn't want to try it in RL. I am currently lvl 60, and you can recognize me by my bunny ears and black robes. I am also a non-member and typically am on Canadian servers. If you would like the pictures and my original logs, including my comments and locations, for my trading game, PM me, and I will forward them to you, since I keep my logs on my gmail.

My Trade History (Last 5 Trades)

My Egg Trading Challenge started on June 23rd, 2006

Trade #3

6 Water Runes for Wizard Hat, Black Robes, Bronze Pickaxe, Bronze Axe, and 10 gp.

Comments : This was a really lucky trade, it happened really fast too. It happened at that Stonehenge place north of Lumby, south of Varrock. The game is going to get more complicated now, since multiple items are now in play. I think I'm done for today, I'm getting hungry besides.

Trade #4

Bronze Pickaxe for 1 water rune, bronze square shield, iron dagger, 1 steel arrow.

Comments : Don't know what I was thinking when I did this trade... But whatever no refunds. Im left with a lot of useless items lol.

Trade #5

Bronze Square Shield for Bronze Pickaxe

Comments : Woohoo... mercantiling got me the *Hefty* profit of a iron dagger, a water rune, and a single steel arrow... Problems, new comp, can't figure out how to take screenshots anymore =\

Trade #6

Bronze Pickaxe for 80gp

Comments : Well now I have 90 gp, which is a very invconvenient amount, but lets see if I might swindle some noobs.

Trade #7

90 gp for 2 iron ore

Comments : Technically this is a nice deal, unfortunately I'm left with 2 very hard to sell on their own iron ores... So Im stuck in a rut right now. It seems other people are doing much better than I am.

Egg Trading Game Items. 10gp

Wizard Hat, Black Robes, Bronze Pickaxe, Bronze Axe

For one you cant name players...

You get money from this? Seems if all the items are almost worthless...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Like I said, it is very time consuming, but it can be rewarding. I am really doing it to get back into RS, and it'll help refamiliarize myself with the market. It definitely starts off slow, but I'm hoping it'll start to speed up.

EDIT : Thats the idea. To start off with a worthless item, and through efficient wheeling and dealing, get some items of worth. It can be done.

Of course there are other games. When I owned a clan way back in RSC we would have scavenger hunts.

Anyways, Im doing this game, so whatever, wish me luck. My current goal is to achieve 10k gp from the egg. I'll set a new goal after that.

you could've achieved that goal very quick by shouting "selling egg, possibly from easter for 10k" in a bank. Beginners would think that it's an easter egg and buy it. As long as you don't say that the egg is an easter egg or that it's rare, you aren't doing anything illegal.

For one you cant name players...

You get money from this? Seems if all the items are almost worthless...

Er... Of course you can name players. On tip.it the only time you can't name a player is when it seems they broke the rules but have not been punished yet, otherwise Durial321 would not be allowed (he's been punished so it's okay to say it) and you wouldn't be able to mention the greats such as The Old Nite.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I took the challenge and i'm breaking fornow, pictures coming up...

Trade 1: trade17rz.jpg

Trade 2: trade29jc.jpg

Trade 3: trade36eg.jpg

Trade 4: trade41jt.jpg

Trade 5: trade58dt.jpg

Trade 6: trade65wi.jpg

I'll continue my pictures later.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Wow...nice. Good luck guys =D> :P

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Sounds like a lot of fun. Remember to not post names. And if you are doing the trade screen, make sure it is the second trade screen to cover up names.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

the hardest part is the beginning.

then u can just merchant XD

e.g.

egg > (some stuff or money)

money > one chaos rune from some dude

one chaos rune > like 20 gp more gold

eventually u'll have 5 mill.... in like a year, it might be hard to sell only one chaos rune lol.

Tyrael777 1040+ total 88 combat F2P

I love how people always complain "LOLOL NO NAMIN NAMES!!!!!!!111111"

Looks like majority of you don't read the rules.

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted. That person is not able to defend themselves or their actions and what seems like an inappropriate action, which can often be a simple misunderstanding, can lead to a negative reaction against that person.

I am in no way giving those players a negitive influence nor making them seem like a bad person. =;

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif