Old Night Suggestion...

Taito2004

perfectly done, and i know this sound weird, but i recon they should make the Old Nite account fixed into the #2 spot in the high scores to remember him, BUT not number it so he's not included, that way we still get a no2, but The Old Nite is remembered.

:( condolenses to his family, i was wondering why the account slipped down the high scores

Anyone else think this is a good idea, and if yes, anyone think it should be suggested to jagex?

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Yeah.. or maybe a quest or something where he is one of the characters? (Well obviously not him, but someone using his name, who looked like his character)

Obviously asking his family if they approved first.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Like it or not, stating that the owner of the account has passed away is giving away personal details. Jagex will not do that.

Fansites can do it, but I doubt Jagex will.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It's well known isn't it?

Technically? No. It's entirely possible the owner of the Old Nite account is not dead. Person's lying about their real life selves is documented in Online Games.

Now, I don't doubt the owner is dead, but the chance is there that it's a hoax. Either way, it's not for Jagex to alter rules for one player that'll set a precidence for others.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

To Jagex, all players are equal. What makes The Old Nite more special than others?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If they did anything, it would be to remove him from the high scores - at least that's what they did with Anarith. I don't see Jagex honoring him or anything - it's not like them to.

omg it's a game....

Yeah someone that had all 99 stats and who has been #1 rser for maybe a little while passed out. Well people get born and people die everyday. And this means that his char won't be played on anymore and therefore new people will not even hear or see his name, and the ones that do know him won't forget about him anyway. Ohw and why is there so much activity around this ? someone on official forums suggested to turn fally park into a graveyard reminder for the old nite for 1 week :o Maybe it feels different but it's really just as if he had quit playing runescape and his rank gets taken by others who are still playing.

Now don't go and see me as a senseless person or whatever because I'm not, but I just think that talking about funerals and reminders in a game !! are some pretty senseless things to do for his family and friends that never knew him as a RS friend. So they wouldn't feel better if some english kid altered his little game to say something about their son, brother or friend during a week.

It would cause too much controversy if they did something like that.

Im sure most people in the top 50 places now understand and know why somehting liek that could and would be done, but then a year from now when most of the top 50 changes and some of those people either dont know who The Old Nite was, or just dont care. There will be petitins that because his name is there that rank 21 doesnt show.

Then theres the fact that of course any other person that played RS that has passed away should have their best rank written in stone onto the high scores.

I have nothing wrong with it personally, but it just wouldnt work.

Now what I could see, would be Jagex writtng a short mention to it in the news section or somehting.

Something mentioning him and saying because of his status and good natured spirit on RS we would like to honor him in this news letter.

Of course even that would cause controversy because everyone would want rememberances of their friend who passed away that played RS for a week.

So unfortunately I dont think anything would happen from Jagexs end, however, we thankfully have respectful sites like Tip.it that after investigating to make sure rumors are true, allow letters in memorial of great players.

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

It's well known isn't it?

Technically? No. It's entirely possible the owner of the Old Nite account is not dead. Person's lying about their real life selves is documented in Online Games.

Now, I don't doubt the owner is dead, but the chance is there that it's a hoax. Either way, it's not for Jagex to alter rules for one player that'll set a precidence for others.

Don't be an idiot..We know he has certainly passed away..Theres a Tip.it Times about and all..

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I suggest they Make a Whole NEW link to Runescape account owners who have Died in the past or recently like old nite

*(not sure if someone posted this already i dont like reading ALL the post to figure out)

:pray: :boohoo:--R<>I<>P-- Old Nite :boohoo: :pray:

Head Gen of -=ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâæAge Of LegendsÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâæ=- Clan

WhiteKnightMaster.jpg

SirAram.png

omg it's a game....

Yeah someone that had all 99 stats and who has been #1 rser for maybe a little while passed out. Well people get born and people die everyday. And this means that his char won't be played on anymore and therefore new people will not even hear or see his name, and the ones that do know him won't forget about him anyway. Ohw and why is there so much activity around this ? someone on official forums suggested to turn fally park into a graveyard reminder for the old nite for 1 week :o Maybe it feels different but it's really just as if he had quit playing runescape and his rank gets taken by others who are still playing.

Now don't go and see me as a senseless person or whatever because I'm not, but I just think that talking about funerals and reminders in a game !! are some pretty senseless things to do for his family and friends that never knew him as a RS friend. So they wouldn't feel better if some english kid altered his little game to say something about their son, brother or friend during a week.

Finally someone who agrees with me! Free beer? :anxious:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Well, dunno if they would do this or not, but I say have another little flag thingy at the side of the runescape highscores. There it will show the history of the first five people to ever reach 99 in that skill. In overall, it would be the first 5 people to ever max out skill total and since The Old Nite reached max overall second, he would stay there for the rest of runescape... Also, when you switch categories to like range, it will show the first 5 people to reach 99 range.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

I'm starting to think Runescape is just a paycheck for Jagex, so a part of me thinks that they don't even care.. :x

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

They dont care, for them to effectivly run a buisness, they cannot care about individuals. When 1 player leave, another 5 join, and another 10 pay for membership... I dunno why i waste my life playing this game sometimes lol.

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Like it or not but if a player doesn't plays rs nomore he loses ranks. I'm not saying he wasn't a good guy or something but how should he be a special case?

I could name a few famous players who got incapable of playing or died, they didn't got something special.

I know these kinds of reactions are rather normal if someone well known dies

*looks back at Anarith (Article i STILL have bookmarked cuz he was a very good friend = http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06064/665353.stm , along with another article about it)*

Everyone was in favor of an idea to put up a statue to honor him, if you ask anyone about him nowadays he seems to have fade away (sadly enough).

Anyway how should someone who was famous (and if you are honest he was merely famous because of his rank , he was a great guy to but people only looked up to him cause of the rank IN THE FIRST PLACE) get honored and let's say some lower ranked person who dies not?

Arent those who die who own a lower level account important then?

Or should there be a requirement in runescape to be able to be honored after you died? Seriously, play 50 hours runescape in your life and you'll be remembered when you die? Know 50 people and you'll be remembered when you die?

New players wont care a dam about all the things we may put up for those who die as they never knew them.

So feel free to remember players personally rather do that then make runescape remember them.

Do most of you even know why he died and how much months his doctor 'predicted' that he should ..."can't find words other then 'last' which is rather insulting so sorry for this" but in the end it SADLY was less.

Do most of you even knew him? (doubt it)

MOST of you just knew him as a high ranked player and blindly say that he should be remembered cause of the rank and not because of the person he was.

All this is just a low form of sucking up in my opinion

He was a good guy, he will be remembered by most of us, some will forget about him like happend/happens with anarith, but alot will remember him

No need for additional things such as 'stick him at numba 2 for life'

1) Know, not personally.. met on a couple of occasions

2) Yes I did know what he died of.

3) No, I obviously do not know how long he was 'going to last' as you put it.

4) Off topic: OMG I'M REALLY FREAKED OUT, I THINK I HEARD SOMEONE DOWNSTAIRS.. IT'S LIKE 2:00 HERE AND EVERYONE'S IN BED :|

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

They dont care, for them to effectivly run a buisness, they cannot care about individuals. When 1 player leave, another 5 join, and another 10 pay for membership... I dunno why i waste my life playing this game sometimes lol.

Agreed 100%, as Nick said, wanna beer lol?

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i