a hypothetical question

Guest mmortalone

Guest mmortalone

so yesterday I completed 70 fletching right? and im in yanille trying to sell the 10.5k willow longs that i fletched. so I find a buyer.

What would you do if...

he accidentally put 1,057,600 instead of 105,760?

he accidentally added a zero, and i didnt notice it... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

i dont have his name anymore, so WHAT SHOULD I DO???

right now im just wondering if he reported me....

should I be 8-) and :-$ , or drop it all...

This doesn't seem to be very " hypothetical ".

But, if you -seriously- don't have his name anymore..

I say you keep it, it was his fault, and there's no way you can return it..

Just keep it.

Joseph.

My Barrows log

im kinda glad you dont live near me
sheep are be land mammals XD

Guest mmortalone

i seriously do not have his name anymore, and he logged right after, so i doubt he has mine.

my bro says "since you feel guilty about it, give it to me, ill take care of it :)"

Try like crazy to find his name and give him the cash. If you can't, then the money is yours. If you still feel like you don't deserve the money, buy some stuff and hold a drop party.

..or give it all to me

But serously, He might have done it on purpose to be kind to you. Who knows?

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Having been a person that has put an extra 0 in when buying, I would say, that if it was that big of a deal to him, he would have contacted you by now. If he doesn't contact you (and you truly cannot track him down), then enjoy your extra wealth. There are calculators and second trade windows for a reason. #-o

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

I remember one time a guy died at barrows. (forgot to pray on Karil :o )

I got his Ahrim skirt and hood, went and repaired them, and tried to find somebody to buy them. (sounds bad, I know, but I was hurting for money at the time.) He pm'ed me about 2 minutes later, asking if he could have them back. I told him "Tough luck, that's life", and ignored him. 15 minutes later ... I took him off my ignore list, told him to meet me in the Canifis bank, and gave his stuff back. He offered 500k for them, but I only asked for 140k, since that's what it cost me to repair the stuff for him.

Regret it to this day ...

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

hehe, well first off i am going to tell you that you made an [wagon] of yourself calling your question hypothical(a question that isnt meant to be answered).

but just keep it, his fault, no?

w4M8t.png

Guest mmortalone
hehe, well first off i am going to tell you that you made an wagon of yourself calling your question hypothical(a question that isnt meant to be answered).

sorry, it was at first meant to be a hypothetical question, but then turned into...that.... :D

Keep it and enjoy it. There is no way you'll find him again unless he remembers your name and he would of contacted you by now if he really cared.

Sucks for him, but hopefully he'll learn something from it.

When I did the exact same thing I learned my lesson quickly and shrugged off my loss. Bought a tooth half key for three and some odd million coins. (Offered all and said 30 000 out loud lol) :oops: But i deserved it for rushing.

If you really can't give it back, keep it. I once had something like this happen to me only I logged into a world and right when I logged in, a guy died and I picked up all of his stuff. I didn't have his name, nor did he have mine. I just kept it. If you do keep it, don't waste it.

hehe, well first off i am going to tell you that you made an wagon of yourself calling your question hypothical(a question that isnt meant to be answered).

You're thinking of rhetorical question?

icy144.png

Pass it on to someone who does something really nice for you? something simple?

Say you are doing a quest, and you just don't happen to have a dam rope, and someone comes up and gives it to you? Add them and give them the money later! Or maybe half, or parts to a bunch of people? Maybe even if you see someone doing something nice for someone else?

Aqua_Dragons.png

That's a rhetorical question, if he was asking a hypothetical question, then you were supposed to pretend like it happened to you, which is what most people did.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Argh i hate these cases, for some reason I feel very guilty. One time (when I was kind of nooby) a noob with full black (which I thought was awesome at the time :P) died to a wizard and I got all his stuff (including runes and money.) I celebrated for about a minute before i felt guilty so I looked for his name on the chat screen and teled to lumbridge. I found him and gave back his armour. I didn't know how much runes and money he dropped (not many) so I didn't give those back but he was greatful for armour. I felt better afterwards :mrgreen:

Not your problem.

here was my example...

Selling Whip, 3 mil ( price at the time)

I get a PM from someone wanting it, I change worlds and find he is a level 45 wearing rune, Fury Ammy, Obby set and Red Party Hat.

My first instinct is prolly the correct one, drop trader from a main.

But needing to sell the whip to share out the PK I trade anyways.

He puts up 5 mil and change, obviously all the gp he had as he prolly added 1 too many zeros.

He accepts, I accept, deal done.

I walk away, still with friends ON and wait for a paniced Pm that never comes, 15 minutes later I brush it off as a rule breaker that got what he deserved.

Oh and I shared the full 5 mil with the PK group.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

a question that isnt meant to be answered is a retorical question, hypothetical questions are ones that are purly to see what could happen ina situation, e.g. hypothetically how fast would i be able to make money with unlimited prayer and 99 mage at barrows, or something like that

Candymann16.png

It's his fault for not having noticed. And he can't report you for that.

So in all cases, bravo, you just made a bunch of money.

2480+ total

I made a mistake like that yesterday, and gave a guy 640K instead of 64.

Sadly, he isn't as honest as you are, and refused to return my money.

I didn't report him though because it was my mistake, although it's really frustrating.