Permanantly muted...for this?

Runeboy

First of all I would like to say that I have NEVER commited an offence before this.

I was high alching in seers bank, and my m8 asked me how to upload images, so i told him to go to imageshack, heres the convo:

rulebreak6vl.png

So obviously i appealed, i was helping my mate, doing no harm to anyone else. Appeal denied? Ok, i can just appeal again I guess...

Wait, wtf? Why can't I appeal again?

I cant believe this :x

dsfasg0uh.png

What can I do? Contact customer support or what?

RSN: Badassboy123, not runeboy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can stop posting in the wrong forum, go here. And you broke the rules, so what is there to appeal?

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Jagex doesnt care if you were just helping a friend. The fact is that you advertised a site by saying its adress. I do feel sorry for you being permanantly muted, it seems a bit severe. Not sure you can do get another appeal.

[20] what!?!? Own_Age90! i thought i was ur bf

[20] err gf

[20] err nvm

^_^ Among the things that happen on the #Runescape channel ^_^

Jagex seems to be taking notice of people complaining about lack of bans, now their banning everyone they can... :wall:

I have no idea what you can do... I personally don't even think they read half the appeals. Your telling it your mate the address to help him, not yelling it out on Varrock bank using an autotyper.

Dam you Jagex.

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

It is harsh if you look at it that way, however Jagex's rules state NO website advertisement. If they were to make exceptions, they would lose the descipline they're trying to uphold.

However I do agree they probably should have given you a warning due to the fact it is your first offence and a permanent mute is quite harsh.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Rule 11 is rule 11. just because you didn't run around shouting 'imageshack' doesn't mean that you are exempt from the rule. for everyone else wanting to do this, you are allowed to say 'search for free image hosting', as no web pages are actually mentioned

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Rule 11 is rule 11. just because you didn't run around shouting 'imageshack' doesn't mean that you are exempt from the rule. for everyone else wanting to do this, you are allowed to say 'search for free image hosting', as no web pages are actually mentioned

There's black marks for a reason. He wasn't saying that site to scam him - he was saying it to help. Meaning a black mark or a warning would've been fine. I met someone last week who had been Perma-muted for 2 years... It's one hell of a harsh punishment :evil:

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

he said it 4 times - thats 2.5 blackmarks a time - not unfair IMO

Back by popular demand!

he said it 4 times - thats 2.5 blackmarks a time - not unfair IMO

So for example if you get 2.5 black marks for saying the f word, its ok.

But 4 times, hell no, ur muted!

RSN: Badassboy123, not runeboy.

it is rather tricky to type 'the f word' in rs, and when i see someone doing so i send a report - often followed by an email from jagex telling me this has been dealt with. while i think that rule 11 is ridiculous, its still the rule, and so breaking it will lead to concequences

Back by popular demand!

You were banned for a reason, breaking a rule. If you were to say that around a populated area, you'll get reported. Period. Look at it from jagex's side, what if someone was listening and searched for imageshack.us and found something offensive? That would be a problem if they didn't take action.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

it is rather tricky to type 'the f word' in rs

Lol not really, just type the letter "L" then the f word.. Worlds Greatest Cencor FTW?

Well does it have anything to do with the fact that your name is badassboy123?

Other than that all I can say is Jagex are...only doing Runescape fer a paycheck, I can't think of any other reason why they would such *Enter negitive word of choice here*, I mean that's three or four people banned/muted in less than 24 hours..

Jagex is headed straight for unemployment and the mission if you ask me... :?

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I got a temp. ban from official forums for saying imageshack, then they waited a day in a hlaf to tell me....so prior to that I had no idea why :wall:

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

i got permanently banned for saying 'jagex blocks out your pass (joke, don't report me)' to a friend in public ...

:3> advice: don't talk in public

Jagex is way to strict on their rules where it isn't necessary

I hate the people who report for very small things like that, stupid wannabe mods. Did it hurt THEM in any way? No.

waeldwade4jph.jpg

Runescape Status = RETIRED AS OF 15/08/2006

Combat 105, 1488 Total (I Beat the addiction :D)

Yea but what do i have to show for my time? Nothing but pixels
This is why Runescape is a WASTE OF TIME - smart man