Training AFK At Bandits = Ban?

l33thunt3r

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassnin 696: No, it's not very slow training. Probably one of the best AFK spots in RS. All the level 100+ clan guys AFK there and are gonna be very ticked if they get banned for it. Half my friends who are in clans AFK there, and almost every P2P world has bandits packed.

Highlanders: Nope, they don't. Wear a God cape and they won't. As long as you wear something God-related they will attack you, regardless if you don't get a loading - please wait thing. The AFKer usually uses something heavy to put the arrow keys down to keep the camera view thingy spinning so you don't log anyway.

Kostya: You're just as bad as an AFKer then. Regardless if you're still at the computer, that's multi-tasking. They still auto-attack you without clicking, so basically you're AFKing.

xXAbyssalXx: Uusally it's people training for their clans to get a higher combat level or just training overall.

Satzena, Cook All and Fletch X aren't really AFKing as you still have to click and reload etc.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

You still have toconstantly chek on yourself every 30 seconds to do a load of yews into unstringed bows its like 50 seconds. You can't afk like you say with this. AFK pretty much now jst means your full consentration aint on the game. Anything worse is caled marconing.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

My question is how they're going to enforce this rule... the only way to confirm you're afking is if you're able to talk and a mod asks you a question. Otherwise, if your public chat is off merely because of noobs, there's no way to tell if you're really AFKing, or are you actually at your keyboard...

That would be like a random event, kind of. Except when you ignore them they ban you, lol :anxious:

u can afk there for hours?

after like 20mins or so they stop "auto-attack" me..

i dun realli see why its a great spot.. and btw, afk is not advisable there as mage can actualli cast spells on u within the ruin house or outside of the camp..

i think hobs mine is a better training alternative though... :-k

Training at bandits is stupid. Silly lazy people who don't even click to gain levels deserve to be banned.

Ok so when you fletch do you do them all at once of click each one individually?

Thought not. Theres a cook all, fletch X which allow you to AFK. So stop taking the moral highground and look at the other skills that Jagex allow you to not give your full concentration at. If it was illegal tey would have been removed wouldn't they?

Yeah I did back in classic, not sure if you know about it or not but back in classic, there was no fletch X. Wow, your right that I don't fletch them one at a time! No one does. I don't waste my time on the useless, boring skill anymore. Oh and i'll take the "moral highground" whenever I want, I live in America where there is freedom of expression, mmk?

Slap_My_Feet.png

A while ago, Jagex made AFK'ing.. er, and offense, and is a bannable act. Why do people still train there? Jagex made the bandits auto-attack, and now are negating their own shortcoming at people taking advantage of that spot.

AFKing has been against the rules for the longest time. Its not like its anything new. Its been a rule ever since I started playing the game back in December of 2002.

It wont stop the morons from AFKing, but they more then likely will get banned eventually.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Don't you automatically log out after about a minute or so? I don't see how you can stay logged on for "4 hours" while "taking a nap".

You dont log out if you are in combat, with the exception of long range combat (mage, range, hally)

no, actually, you do log out in melee, meaning this thread is a load of fabricated [cabbage].

Don't you automatically log out after about a minute or so? I don't see how you can stay logged on for "4 hours" while "taking a nap".

You dont log out if you are in combat, with the exception of long range combat (mage, range, hally)

no, actually, you do log out in melee, meaning this thread is a load of fabricated cabbage.

Your a dumb [cabbage]! have you ever tried logging out during combat

"wait 10 seconds after combat and try again"

and while your in a fight you don't log out, and with connection lost while fighting it says your logged out but your character is still in-game fighting.

Don't try prove people wrong and use cabbage like that in this thread.

Get Lost-

~Aussy

penguinesigrq6.png

Training at bandits is stupid. Silly lazy people who don't even click to gain levels deserve to be banned.

Ok so when you fletch do you do them all at once of click each one individually?

Thought not. Theres a cook all, fletch X which allow you to AFK. So stop taking the moral highground and look at the other skills that Jagex allow you to not give your full concentration at. If it was illegal tey would have been removed wouldn't they?

theirs a difference in setting up so you cook something or fletch some bows from putting on a cape and auto relatiate and actually walkin away from the computer for several hours

Kostya: You're just as bad as an AFKer then. Regardless if you're still at the computer, that's multi-tasking. They still auto-attack you without clicking, so basically you're AFKing.

If you read the rules it's very clear - multitasking is legal, leaving the computer isn't. If you're browsing the forums, you're not away from your keyboard :/

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

How the hell can you guys forget Random events.

Im training at Bandits as I type this. I do so because I can browse Forums etc.

But you really can't AFK in RS2 at all. very few exceptions.

IMO Random events are very frequent esp at Bandit where evil chicken rules surpreme. So unless u listen or check often you could die VERY fast!

So the only way you can be banned for AFK'in at Bandits or anywhere else for the matter is if somehow abuse a glitch etc.

deadlocked2.png

IMO Random events are very frequent esp at Bandit where evil chicken rules surpreme. So unless u listen or check often you could die VERY fast!

So the only way you can be banned for AFK'in at Bandits or anywhere else for the matter is if somehow abuse a glitch etc.

OR you could just use a ring of life

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

no, actually, you do log out in melee, meaning this thread is a load of fabricated cabbage.

Your a dumb cabbage! have you ever tried logging out during combat

"wait 10 seconds after combat and try again"

and while your in a fight you don't log out, and with connection lost while fighting it says your logged out but your character is still in-game fighting.

Don't try prove people wrong and use cabbage like that in this thread.

Get Lost-

~Aussy

You can't log out during combat, but the game itself logs you out if you do nothing for 60 seconds.

So even if you're fighting, the game logs you out after 60 seconds if you don't do anything.

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

You can't log out during combat, but the game itself logs you out if you do nothing for 60 seconds.

So even if you're fighting, the game logs you out after 60 seconds if you don't do anything.

lol no it doesnt unless you close the rs window, it which case it forces a logout after a whileeven if still in combat

118+ combat

1730+ total

85 slayer

95 mage

94 range

Well the auto atacck wasn't created to AFK..

It was for there for the quest...

Anyway...

Training there is fine..

AFK'ing is "bannable" but I haven't heard of some1 getting banned...

If they note you are using a program to AFK then yes you will.. and trust me their dection system is better... here plenty of pures/pk'ers getting banned for AFK'ing with software.. Which they should be and are...

If you AFK'ing and watching tv, cruising sites or whatever.. look at screen every once in a while... some1 there are was there... either talk to them.. or PM them if they left... just let them know you were busy talking to others in PM's or whatever...

Good luck

AFKing at the bandits just means your not paying all your attention to the screen. You can't take a nap cause you have to heal every so often. It just means you dont have to click all the time to get exp. Check back every 30 seconds and heal when you need too.

i know of a few people who actually go do stuff with a ring of life on while at bandits...stuff like goto work for 6 hours

Never though about a ring of life \'

killa870yt.png

OR you could just use a ring of life

True but Ring of Life Does not work 100% of the time....

deadlocked2.png

If you read the rules it's very clear - multitasking is legal, leaving the computer isn't. If you're browsing the forums, you're not away from your keyboard :/

Anybody else think that's stupid? Leaving gthe computer to go to work would be worse than multitasking,right?

What are you smoking? They'll perpetually attack if you have a God cape or something on. Try that while taping an arrow key down with a ring of life.

Well the auto atacck wasn't created to AFK..

It was for there for the quest...

Anyway...

Too bad, the people of RS are using that to their advantage.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png