Ugh, lvl 94 noob needs advice on Armor / Weapons

Mattiekrome

Hi all, just starting to get back into playing a little bit. Last time I "really" played was more than a year ago, and I have decided to train up my combat (100 has always been a goal of mine, currently 94). I was training the other day and saw a guy with a whip (abyssal whip after doing a little reasearch). Looks like a pretty solid weapon, so I think I'll be picking one up. However, this brought me to another question... What other kinds of stuff armor/weapon wise is out there?

I dont want to sell myself short on my training gear. As of right now, I am wearing rune large, plate, legs, kite, ruby ammy, klanks gaunts, boots of lightness, and using a dragon long. I know there are ALOT of new weapons and armors out there, and just dont know what to think of them. I am 80 STR, 79 ATT, and 70 DEF. I have heard of this new barrows armor stuff, but I dont think thats what I'm looking for (too glitzy, and costs too much $, but I am interested in knowing what is "THE BEST" weapon/armor in the game).

I found a guide on tip.it, but it looks like its missing some stuff (rune boots, etc.) Basically, I'm looking to upgrade what Im wearing and not end up spending millions and millions of GP (example, spending 1.8 million gp on dragon square when its stats are minimally better than rune kite).

Thanks to all who help me out or can point me to a guide/faq/information on the subject.

11264785.gif

Barrows IS the best armor in the game, thats hands down, full dragon cant even compare with it.

Unfortunately the only real way to upgrade your armor is to spend millions on it. The cheapest melee barrow armor set is called Torag's and costs about 2m, which is not too expensive. But it will boost all of your defence stats by over 100 each (except magic).

The best weapon is the Whip, hands down. Power and Accuracy of a Dragon Battleaxe with a speed of a Dragon Scimitar.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

DDS = D Scimmy = Whip in terms of speed.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I suggest at least start with doing femmenik trails quests and buy a warrior (5+ slash att) or a berserker (+3 str bonus) helm AND they have better defence bonus then rune full helm. (78k ea in shop, around 50k on streets)

A glory is a must +10 to all att +3 to all def +? to str, so its pretty good and very cheap these time. (around 70-80k atm)

Also buying a whipe is suggested +81 slash att and +83(?) str. Also it has no str option it has a controlled option which I'm using all the time. (2.5-2.6 mil, but deffenitly worth it)

Obisidian cape maybe +10 to all def. (400k?? totally unsure)

And a obisidian shield to, a little bit worse defence but it has a lil str bonus (600k?? bought mine long ago so also unsure)

After all this trying to complete as much as possible of the a recipe for disaster quest. The gloves you can buy after completing certain parts are quite good. Upto +12 att, def and str bonus (besides mage +6 att and def). (best are 120k but the others are way cheaper)

This is enough to start with in my opinion :P

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Thanks for all the input...

Ive decided that Im going to get a whip tonight

what are rune boots, I've heard people talking about them... are they worth the price?

11264785.gif

yes, rune boots are about 150k, and adds about +12 or so to all melee and ranged defence bonus.

tim_chenw2.png

I suggest at least start with doing femmenik trails quests and buy a warrior (5+ slash att) or a berserker (+3 str bonus) helm AND they have better defence bonus then rune full helm. (78k ea in shop, around 50k on streets)

If I were to buy one of these helms from someone, would I be able to wear it even though I havent done the quest?

11264785.gif

what are rune boots, I've heard people talking about them... are they worth the price?
Adamant boots are 1/10 the price and not much worse.

Sweet, didnt know addy was an option. I'll try to dig up a pair of those

11264785.gif

Helm - Torag's Helm (300k) Best defensive helm in-game

Plate- Torag's Platebody (1m or so) Again, Best defensive plate in game

Legs- Torag's Platelegs (650k?) Best defense, full torag's (no hammers) is about 2m

Shield- Obsidian (550k) for now, but switch to rune defender after you get it from warrior's guild.

Weapon- Whip (2.6m) hands down, the best one-handed weapon

Cape- Legends (675 gp), or Obsidian (250k or so) Legends gives +7 to all defenses and obsidian gives +9.

Boots- Rune (150k)/Climbing (2 gp, lol) Climbing looks cooler and gives +2 strength, while rune just gives defense.

Amulet- Glory (60k) or fury (4.8m) if youre rich.

Gloves- Crest, until you get barrows/dragon gloves (130k from chest)

All of that is around... 5.5m or so

Hope I helped!

BTW- If you're REALLY RICH, get guthan (10.5m), fury amulet (4.8m), dragon square (2m) or just rune defender.

* l33t *

\'

Hope I helped!

BTW- If you're REALLY RICH, get guthan (10.5m), fury amulet (4.8m), dragon square (2m) or just rune defender.

* l33t *

\'

That remids me, you could actually try barrowing for money and the parts if you want to. I barrowed 3 out of 4 of my Guthan's set :D (he still yet have to drop his pant for me :P)

tim_chenw2.png

I like what Chenw said... it could be an option for you too!

Only....Guthan dropping his pants would probably be censored.... :oops:

For the rest... you can get boots as a drop from slayer beasts too: check the bestiary for rune/addy boot droppers.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Only....Guthan dropping his pants would probably be censored.... :oops:

I meant literal :P I havent had a single Skirt drop yet, and all other parts i have gotten at least 2 of....

tim_chenw2.png

get Whip AND d Scimmy, scimmy is cheap compared to Whip, 80-90k should get you there.

tim_chenw2.png

wow ur just like except im lvl 97

80 att

80 str

70 def

this is if u have moeny

full guthans

whip

d scimmy

obby shield

glory

klanks gauntlets (work fine +2 str bonus)

rune boots

berseker ring

not so much money

full rune

d scimmy

dds

possibly obby shield

glory

rune boots

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

have to say i love my whip! i just switch to d long to train str if i need to, ive gone up 2 combat levels in a day using my whip at hellhounds this week :)

welcome back to the game, you dont need to spend millions, rune is still a good armour :)

How could i FORGET the gloves?!

Make sure you try and do as much of the quest Recipe for Disaster as possible, preferably complete it. These would allow you to access Rune and Barrow gloves (not actually called rune and barrow gloves, but their colour matches the armor)

Rune Gloves are cheap (around 9k), and beats klank's gaunts to death (+8 to all melee attack and def bonus, +8 range attack and def, +4 mage attack and def, and +8 strength), accessible after you save 7 of the council members,

Barrow Gloves are the ultimate gloves (130k), and only accessible after the completion of Recipe for Disaster. +12 to all melee attack and def, +12 ranged attack and def, +6 mage attack and def and +12 stregth. Absolutely THE best gloves (the only gloves that can even hope to compare it is Black D hide vamps, because it has +1 magic defence over barrow gloves, otherwise all other stats are superior by at least 4).

All of the Recipe gloves are non-tradable. I mentioned rune gloves because it is the best value for money for stats, while Barrow gloves are by far the best gloves.

tim_chenw2.png

I am curious about what you guys think about this too, I don't really like barrows armour (Expensive + Repairs) so what do you think about his equipment:

Rich Option

Dragon Med

Dragon Chain

Dragon Platelegs

Obsidian Shield/Rune Defender

Fury Ammy

Whip

Rune Boots

Barrows Gloves

Legends Cape/Obby Cape

Not so much...

Beserker Helm

Rune Plate

Rune Legs

Obsidian Shield

Glory Ammy

Climbing Boots

Whip

Legends Cape

Klanks Gauntlets

What do you think of these set up's?

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Excuse me? Barrows are expensive? In fact, barrows will ONLY becomes more expensive than Full Dragon after you get 99 in all of the 3 melee combat skills.

Barrows is definitely the armor to wear, and if you are training, dont use d square. If you dont like spending a few hours in the warrior guild, obby shield is ok, but Rune Defender is far superior.

tim_chenw2.png

i dont know if this would work but u should join a team and do kq trips for 1-2months straight witch will get ur level up and hope u get a d chain or 2 and then u will have enough cash to buy w/e u want

or u could just do a couple months of barrows and hope u get a bunch of good drops

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

Excuse me? Barrows are expensive? In fact, barrows will ONLY becomes more expensive than Full Dragon after you get 99 in all of the 3 melee combat skills.

Barrows is definitely the armor to wear, and if you are training, dont use d square. If you dont like spending a few hours in the warrior guild, obby shield is ok, but Rune Defender is far superior.

First off, I know this is an old thread, please don't flame me to death :(

Although if I have money left over I would deffinitly buy Full Guthans, Maybe even Verac's, I would rather have Dragon Chain and Legs with the other combo's of Gear I mentioned)

The reason is that for training I would rather have an armour that I didn't have to worry about having the 300K or so in my bank to repair. I admit that Barrows has it's place, when killing "Bosses" like the KBD or KQ but in my opinion Dragon would do everything I need it to, while also being less hassle. (Looks the part too 8-) )

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree, but don't flame...

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

why not combo Guthans and Dragon together? Use Dragon until you are low on health, switch to guthan for healing, switch back when full.

tim_chenw2.png