99% Guaranteed Random Event for Every 20 Minutes

voncritic

I know there were similar posts about this, sorry if this breaks the forum rules. I want to make it clear that this is neither a "bug abuse" nor "pretending to be a macroer". I made my own experiment several trips, and got about 40 random events of all kinds. I conclude it as 99% guaranteed. You may try it yourself and see if it works for you. \'

1. Settings:

- Set your Public Chat to "Off" or "Hide", Private Chat to "Off" or "Friends". (Not sure if this is really necessary but I do it every time.)

- Set your Auto Retaliate to "On".

2. Inventory / Items:

- 1 slot for gold;

- 2 slots for abundant Nature Runes and Fire Runes (Not Fire Staff, I don't advise you to switch weapons);

- 1 slot for a pad of Notes that worth Hi-alch (e.g. Steel Plate Body);

- 4 slots for food just in case;

- Fill all the rest slots with junks (e.g. 20 Logs or Ash), make sure you have a full inventory!

3. Get your Random Events:

- Go to somewhere that is deserted, not popular, filled with monsters that you can fight constantly without getting wounded (Suggested spots: Stronghold Level 1 or 2; Goblin Village; Karamja Dungeon north end with Skeletons);

- Start a 20-minute count down when you start fighting;

- During the 20 minutes, all you have to do is to fight or auto retaliate. Do NOT chat to anyone. Do NOT switch your panel or do anything other than fighting;

- At the end of 20 minutes, Hi-alch 1 item. There you go! You got 1 Random Event! (I found it 99% true myself).

4. Misc:

- If you get a random event within 20 minutes count down, you'll need to start it over again;

- I remember it was not suggested to pick up anything during the 20 minutes. However, I couldn't resist some scepter parts during my fights. So I dropped 1 junk and picked up the scepter part - it still worked. Just to make sure that you always have a full inventory.

5. A brief log of my remarkable random event rewards:

- MIME: Shirt, Legs, Gloves, Boots, 2 Emotes.

- Drill Demon: Camo Top.

- Maze: 2 or 3 times.

- Other randoms: uncountable.

6. Additional Information (important replies)

To answer Kill_Life: Yes, right after you Hi-alch, a random event appears.

To answer Chaos_Reborn:

I tested it exactly according to my description with a stopwatch (for 20 minutes count down) for 2 trips. I hi-alched about 150 items, missed for less then 10 times at the beginning. And later I noticed that if I got a random event in less than 20 minutes without hi-alching, I should restart the 20 minute count down, then I never missed.

In the last few days, as I was traning range at Lessers, I got mith items and rune meds that I could hi-alch very often. So, I tried to do the same: keep shooting lessers for 20 minutes or more, hi-alch once piece, and at that moment, random event happens!

Maybe the only thing that needs to be clear is: DO NOT CHAT within that 20 minutes. :-#

I am back.

just change wapon... dont waste fire runes... and cooking is way bttr for rondoms :) and then range not fire...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

just change wapon... dont waste fire runes... and cooking is way bttr for rondoms :) and then range not fire...

1. I do my range training with Lesser Demons all the time, so I always have like 3k - 6k fire runes.

2. Cooking? I'm not sure about that since I never tried. Plus, you could only have 28 items to cook, and you will need to run back and forth. So, I'm not sure whether it could be stable for getting a random event every 20 minutes.

I am back.

Cooking isn't effective for getting random events.

And voncritic, how many times have you tested this to conclude your results? If you're saying 99%, you should've done it over 100 times, or else you're just lengthening your results.

Your investigation sounds resonable and all, but you have to make it clear on how many times you've tested this. If it's correct, it's something perfect for someone like me who trains in the wilderness on hobgoblins. Desserted place, private chat off doesn't matter, I get high alch runes from drops :P

Thanks for replies above. Sorry for not making it scientific enough.

To answer Kill_Life: Yes, right after you Hi-alch, a random event appears.

To answer Chaos_Reborn:

I tested it exactly according to my description with a stopwatch (for 20 minutes count down) for 2 trips. I hi-alched about 150 items, missed for less then 10 times at the beginning. And later I noticed that if I got a random event in less than 20 minutes without hi-alching, I should restart the 20 minute count down, then I never missed.

In the last few days, as I was traning range at Lessers, I got mith items and rune meds that I could hi-alch very often. So, I tried to do the same: keep shooting lessers for 20 minutes or more, hi-alch once piece, and at that moment, random event happens!

Maybe the only thing that needs to be clear is: DO NOT CHAT within that 20 minutes. :-#

I am back.

don't think i would try it out since i don't like randoms

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Cooking isn't effective for getting random events.

And voncritic, how many times have you tested this to conclude your results? If you're saying 99%, you should've done it over 100 times, or else you're just lengthening your results.

Your investigation sounds resonable and all, but you have to make it clear on how many times you've tested this. If it's correct, it's something perfect for someone like me who trains in the wilderness on hobgoblins. Desserted place, private chat off doesn't matter, I get high alch runes from drops :P

i had a rondom every 3-5 trips to the range... its a great way to get alot of gems...

1. I do my range training with Lesser Demons all the time, so I always have like 3k - 6k fire runes.

2. Cooking? I'm not sure about that since I never tried. Plus, you could only have 28 items to cook, and you will need to run back and forth. So, I'm not sure whether it could be stable for getting a random event every 20 minutes.

and 10k fires is 200k and only 2k high alches... use a staff always...

im making a rondom log from lvl 70 to 99 cooking...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

can any1 confirm this? i got 5k lobs 2 cook, so i don't want 2 wast time on something that doesn't work

what do you mean by "switching you panel to fighting"; the thing where you set your attack to agressive? then how can you alch, if u can't switch it to anything else

misterxmansigtext9vm.png

fine, happy now?

why is it suggested to be in gobling village?

is it the one north from fally, do they auto attack?

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

Well if that's absolutley true, really cool.

:)

I've never been one to get good random events, so I might try this in my free time.

Also, to the starter of the thread, nice avvy...I love the godfather. :P

1z4gvi9.png

Just started my new account.

i just tried 1 time, and i got a mysterius old man :3> (gave me kebab :ohnoes: )

Best/latest drop list:

Rune: 18th of june 2006 [scimmy]

Other: 6th of June 2006 [3 half keys, T]

26th of june 2006 [yellow mystic hat]

untitled6kv7.gif

It sounds fun, I think I'll try it... however, you get also a lot of random events when fishing. I was fishing for one hour in karamja and get a Misterious Old Man, frogs, a drunken dwarf, a niles and a mime... and there are always lots of random events around there...

concurso2mn1.jpg

Currently having a break from sig-making...

Join the campaign for more F2P bank space!

I got 2 questions:

1-can I eat some food while fighting?

2-do you have to HIGH alch? Isn't LOW alch acceptable?

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

I got 2 questions:

1-can I eat some food while fighting?

2-do you have to HIGH alch? Isn't LOW alch acceptable?

you wont need food if you fight something that wont hurt you too much

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'd just want to say: Cooking gives lots of randoms as well!

That is if you don't talk tough.

Already had 3 evil Bobs today :-k

Owya, do you really need a full inventory?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

grr i just tried this and i got stupid dwarf and niles <.< 3rd try now .. um i just did this again for 10 mins and i got niles again .. or giles or miles, cant remember :S

Edit: Evil chicken? W00t?

i am a paint noob

Trying it right now. Will edit in 20 minutes.

Mhm, So like 8 minutes away, And I get a random.. Mhm, Drunken dwarf. Die, I hate you, you dumb drawf.

Also, I have to eat. I cannot find a monster that is agressive. Unless it's a high level monster which I occasionly have to eat..

Level 94 combat, And suggestions?

EDIT: I'll probably go to barrows, Bloodworms would work well for this I

think..

EDIT: Got Rick Turpintine at 4 minutes away now. #-o

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.