Tip.It Times Presents: Different Strokes for Different Folks

Kiara_Kat

That is a great article and i agree completely, ive only been playing for 3 months and i have seen so many ppl critizise and have a go at people that do play the game differently than others, congrats on a great article.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great article, 100% agree that merchanting is a good way to make money some skills use merchanting to make money. In example fletching, a player buys the supplies for his/her bow's (yews and bow strings) then makes the bow and sells them for a higher price than what he/she bought the materials for

ranger4life703zz6te.gif

magicman5555.png

vincent.jpg

disagree 100%

I dont have time to type out a full response, so i'll say this.

Merchanting is lame. It doesn't take much skill to buy small amounts cheap and sell for more. My 8 year old cousin even knows that if you buy lemonade mix, and sell the cups for 50 cents each, you'll make a profit.

What's the point of standing around all day buying and selling? You dont train any skills, you dont do anything. A lvl 3 can do it. What's the point of playing runescape if you dont ACTUALLY play it?

If you want to merchant, invest in the stockmarket. There's no rare items there.

Neither does it take any skills to click at stuff to gain experience.

I'm sure that 8 year old nephew of yours can learn how to click a monster and click on another and another and another...

Great article, one that every player should read.

The only thing about the article is the criticism players get for that sort of thing. Instead of "That's stupid", it has changed to name calling, like "noobs" or "weirdos".

I really do not agree with this article because I have the belief that we have a free will and we should be able to criticism who and what ever we want.

Talking about merchants, without this kind of criticisms Forums would not be used so offen and prices of itens would never change.

Criticis are always good, even if they are made form a 8 years old person of from a 80s. Maybe they are not always made from the must correct way. But they keep been usefull.

What is not correct is the way you can get offended from the critics, never forget that Runescape is just a game. Do not take it to seriously. Here you can do things that in real life you cannot. And the worst thing that can happen is a GAME OVER (you got banned, make new account).

This is a GAME !!

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

I very much agree. I spent a while selling some deaths runes that I came across...and did a little merchenting on the side......23k of just about anything can take a long time to sell. All I had to do was pay attention to the people around me...which I had to do any way. I like to think of RuneScaoe as an unwinable game....there is just so much to do.....If making a ton of gp is how you feel you can win...more power to you....I my even dable in it a little myself......its good money and you learn a lot about the game and its inner workings.

untitled6kv7.gif

If you read my signature, I have had a persona of sorts in runescape for a couple months now. It really makes the game more interesting. Another thing is, merchanting is cool, darnit! what's so harmfull for buying and selling stuff at prices most people OFFER before the purchase. All in all, i think this is a great article. =D>

Im a borderline alchoholic raised by my mother in an inn in Port Sarim. I quite frequently break out in dance. How are you today?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

rtsig.thumbnail.JPG

I think you make some really good points.

I dont think people should be bagged out for doing what they want to do with runescape.

Just a small note for the writer of the article. your use of 'an's arent quite right.

you should only use 'an' before a word that starts with a vowel.

if the word starts with a constant a simple 'a' is sufficient.

Keep up the good work

Drownedflame

This rant was ok, but merchants you're wrong about. They're greedy materialistic scammers that pay cheaper prices to those newer players. I mean why should that be respected it's very close to scamming which everyone hates. They give nothing back to the community, they only want their precious party hat and to gain more pixels so they can compensate for their poor lives.

Lol that quote is the Golden Rule from the Bible.

Also I think I fall under those that dont do anything productive. I have played for almost 2 years and alot of people who are higher than me are playing for 6 months. I just wanna have fun, and be odd at times...

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

how original.........er, not!

sorry just didnt seem like a very good article to me didnt raise any interesting points or anything to me sorry.

by the way in wrighting this you are promoting the "do as you like" group of people who can also fit into a "generic mold"

I really enjoyed reading this article. I wont argue if it wasnt interesting to you, maybe it wasnt, but it definitely had some interesting points in it..Points we may already have known, but many of us certainly had forgotten.

But I have to quote you on this "do as you like generic group mold"...Im sorry but you dont seem to understand exactly what a generic mold Means...It means the group of people are 'molded' to do the same thing, to do ONE thing...if there is a group of people who do 'what they like', this entails many different things by its very meaning, and therefore does not fit the meaning of a 'generic mold'...next time bust out a dictionary before you say this stuff :):):)

You took the words rite of of my mouth DragnFly!

On the subject of merchanting, when you sell something you try and get the maximum price that you think you'll be able to sell for. If someone buys your item and has the skill - because it does take a certain kind of skill - to sell it at a higher price, then they should be praised rather than flamed. =D> You wouldn't criticise someone for catching better fish than you when theire fishing level was higher, would you? :shame: After all, you got the price that you wanted for the item, so everyone's happy. :thumbsup:

As for in-game relationships, don't people do online dating all the time, sending emails and photos to one another? This is just another example of that, but people can see each other in 3D form. I belive that this is yet another example of a skill. It must take a lot of patience and trust to build a strong, online relationship, whether just good friends or more than that. :3> It must feel incredible when you have succeeded in building a strong, lasting relationship in the game. Imagine beating the KQueen and getting a DChain after dying 50 times.

On the other hand you have the people who walk around saying "looking for bf/gf" or "will u be my bf/gf?" when what they're really after is ur items. MY advice is to ignore these people in most cases. =; Perhaps a rule against this might not b a bad idea?

People are accused of being 'childish' when role-playing. But it is a role-play game and a large majority of the players are children. Of course there is the minimum age of 13, but i know of players as young as 5. Who are we to spoil their fun?

Nice one, DragnFly. I completely agree.

If it moves... own it!

Ryenkishu - (Ree-en-kish-oo)

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

They're greedy materialistic scammers that pay cheaper prices to those newer players. I mean why should that be respected it's very close to scamming which everyone hates. They give nothing back to the community, they only want their precious party hat and to gain more pixels so they can compensate for their poor lives.

This is an awful generalisation. There are those who would take advantage of new players, and these people are just scammers. But many member-merchants buy their items in free worlds where the actual value of the items is less! The sellers don't expect to get any more than that. They are getting what they want. And merchanting isn't easy money by a long chalk. Merchants are constantly the target of real scammers trying to make some quick money through the mistakes of others. How do shops work in reality? But something the sell it off at the same price? No. They buy low and sell for higher. This is how all of the Runescape mining, rune, logging and various other companies work, and many of us would be lost without them. Is this not giving something to the community? Generalising merchants in this way is terrible. It's like saying all humans are male, simply and undeniably not true. This is made worse by the fact that comments are made about people's home lives, when the writer had absolutely no right and nothing to base that on.

Ty 4 reading, think about this b4 posting others like caligula's

Don't hesitate to give me ur opinions

If it moves... own it!

Ryenkishu - (Ree-en-kish-oo)

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

I understand 100% what you're saying, we should be able to do what we want, afterall this is a game right?

Runescape's community is pretty horrible, and I think it shall never be fixed, but if you can get past this flaw it can be a fun game. You're one of those rare, nice players which you hardly ever see. It's great talking to people like you, congrats great arcticle.

I think you make some really good points.

I dont think people should be bagged out for doing what they want to do with runescape.

Just a small note for the writer of the article. your use of 'an's arent quite right.

you should only use 'an' before a word that starts with a vowel.

if the word starts with a constant a simple 'a' is sufficient.

Keep up the good work

Drownedflame

I count five punctuation errors and one spelling mistake in your post. :-w

:thumbsup: You are so right!!!

I like your article very much.

What you say about merchanting, personally I am a lousy merchant. I believe tha bad name form merchants come from so many people scamming and ripping other players. There is a very fine line in doing it. I rather be poor than scam or sell over priced items. It also bothers me that sometimes I am selling something under the street price and the buyer calls me a noob after the transaction. If I have 20 green dragon hides sets I dont want to spent a lot of time on bank and sell it cheap, that does not make me a noob, neither makes me lazy or dumb. I just have more interesting things to do... like performing at Varrock fountain with my full mime. :lol: Is a game after all, and i have my fun my way.

All warfare is based on deception.

its a strong article i try to get all skills up and be as self sufficient as possible only ppl i disagree on is lvl 3 pures!!!!... i remember rsc all the charachters looking the same. diversity in looks and strategy is great!

i

P.S ive wrote a great article look on suggestion for oddbodd!!!

cheers

(= OddBodd =)

Guest Armagedon46disabled

this is one of the few articles, i took the time to read, and it kinda of effected me, i was one of those guys who thought wow thats a waste of time, those guys are standing around turning into easter eggs for hours, but i mean if thats how the players chooses to have fun then thats what there doing because a game is to have fun in :) althought i still dont agree with marriages, does it make me have less fun in the game? well when i see it, it kinda turns my stomach so id have to say it does.. :\

Just being Lvl 3 combat makes you (1) a noob, or (2) an auto.

I have given up counting the number of times ppl have threatened to report me for mining or tree cutting.

For some reason, I need to hit things and raise combat level before I can fish, or craft, or mine, or smith, or cut down trees.

How bizarre!

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you". In other words, treat others how you would like to be treated yourself."

yeah...it wasnt just ur mom, jesus also said that.... :roll:

As far as I know, the golden rule is found NOWHERE in the Bible. But back on topic. :D

I LOVED this article, so true. Wonderfully written. :)