Tip.It Times Presents: Different Strokes for Different Folks

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. This week, we present a piece by guest author DragnFly. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Different Strokes for Different Folks

by DragnFly

The uniqueness of multiplayer online role playing games, such as RuneScape, is that there is no one way to play the game. You can be a hero, or a villain. You can keep to yourself, or join a clan. You can specialize in a single skill, or work a little bit on all of them. You can be a player...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Enjoy!

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say, I agree 101%. No doubt about it.

I love the line, "The point of a game is, in my opinion, to enjoy yourself and relax while having fun, so long as it does not disrupt the fun and enjoyment of others who are playing."

1st post. Yay.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Great read, gratz Dragonfly on writing or somit lol

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Nice article, hopefully Jagex might copy it into some future update... but anyway, good read. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

you got some good points, but the working out part was a bit worse than usual in my opinion :uhh: well, having a hard time explaining it, even in my own language, so I just won't bother \'

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

how original.........er, not!

sorry just didnt seem like a very good article to me didnt raise any interesting points or anything to me sorry.

by the way in wrighting this you are promoting the "do as you like" group of people who can also fit into a "generic mold"

I see this article as a good reminder of why we play Runescape (or at least why we SHOULD BE playing Runescape) and an admonishment to those who have forgotten this.

I see a lot of examples everyday of the kinds of things the author talks about, and I agree with the author on his points.

My only critisizm is that it is a bit of a softball/fluff article. Not real controversial or hard-hitting journalism, and probably won't get nominated for a pulitzer prize, but, hey, this is just a game, right?

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

you got some good points, but the working out part was a bit worse than usual in my opinion :uhh: well, having a hard time explaining it, even in my own language, so I just won't bother \'

Totally agreed. I only want to give the good points more attention, but for a reason i didnt like it too much.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif