Runescape forums - Important

Metroid

Warning:

I think the runescape forums have been sniffed (in a simple term, hacked)

My suggestion is to NOT log on to the forums

I got hacked and lost 14m, so did 6 other people that I know, all TODAY (yesterday if you're using EST time)

Bit of a coincidence? I think not.. so please do not visit the forums to be safe

Also, to add to the evidence:

I scanned with 5 different programs and none found anything.. how can they get your info without you giving it or them keylogging? They can't, and you are giving your password by logging into the forums

Protect the Light...

so it was just hacked?

or it was hacked long ago?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Seems probable. An attack on the official Runescape Forums would be a great way to get people's passwords. However, for someone(or people for that matter) to do this, it would take a large amount of knowledge on the actual Runescape website. Also, they would've used some sort of special device to help them....but I really do doubt that a successful attack on the Runescape forums would ever happen. Its secured pretty good, very good.

Maybe you and your friends were hacked another way, not through the Runescape forums. But maybe another friend who happens to know all of you well, and maybe somehow either guessed your passwords and got lucky(8 times mind you) or it was something else.

Another theory is that maybe you all use a website or forums, and where somehow hacked through it.

But these are all theories though, I have no evidence to back any of it up-maybe you do and don't know it(yet). I, unfortunetly, have no solutions or advice for you.:cry: Sorry for your losses.

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

Whew. I'm a member on RS, but I never use the official forums, so no worries for me :D

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

well i never go to rs forums on my main... only my pure

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Have you thought its something eles. You seem tobe the only one complaining yet thousands of people use the runescape forums and tip.it?

If you are positive and there is no other explanations then maybe you should tell jagex.

That's all the more reason for everyone to set bank PINs and each time you log out make sure you leave nothing of value on your character.

Even it this is true just remember to know your recovery questions in case someone changes the password or the recovery.

gors2.gif

That's all the more reason for everyone to set bank PINs and each time you log out make sure you leave nothing of value on your character.

Even it this is true just remember to know your recovery questions in case someone changes the password or the recovery.

I have a PIN and I banked my items and still lost them :notalk:

Protect the Light...

then surely that means you must have been keylogged (or something similar). its not like you have to enter your bank pin anywhere on the rs forums...

Solution:

Make a lvl 3 useless account and log in to the runescape forums with it.

If it is truth you will loss that useless character and prove the begin of the chaos.

If not try wiah an old never used acocount with a decent lvl to get the hacker's claws to it! and prove the attack against jagex.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Either those crazy ideas.. or wait a few days and see if Jagex says something.. It is likely that you and your friends maybe all clicked a link, or are part of the same clan, or all use a similar site very often, which could have contained a keylogger.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

That right there proves you were keylogged. They can only get you password from the forums. Scan your computer with AVG - a really good antivirus.

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

Solution:

If it is truth you will loss that useless character and prove the begin of the chaos.

If not try wiah an old never used acocount with a decent lvl to get the hacker's claws to it! and prove the attack against jagex.

I think that we should make that lvl 3 a member to prove that so... no

If the runescape forums were hacked, it would be a total disaster and everybody would talk about that. I think that you have a keylogger or something.

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

Been around runescape a bit merchanting (made 2.5m back so far in two days :shock:)

Anyway.. counted 7 people so far since yesterday that were hacked too.. never knew them, just seen them say it in fally

Protect the Light...

Solution:

I think that we should make that lvl 3 a member to prove that so... no

If the runescape forums were hacked, it would be a total disaster and everybody would talk about that. I think that you have a keylogger or something.

If you make a Level 3 player there and it is actually a keylogger then the next time you go onto your main charecter the keylogger wont be like 'Hmm.. Looks like he's using a charecter which has amazing statistics and a huge amount of money but... It's not the Level 3 so I wont record this password =) lalalala' *goes off skipping into the distance*.

It'll take Every password you enter, don't bother risking it just to check.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png