PC on my T.V. ???

headshot007111

Is it possible to somehow connect my pc to my tv, itll be really useful for watching movies n stuff. My video card 'only' has a VGA port and my tv has an S-Video port and the 3 coloured sockets (red, white, yellow).

So is there any cable or adapter that will let me connect my pc to tv. Im looking to spend $50 AUS or less. Any ideas?

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

You need to get a video card that has TV out of some kind.

It is possible and shouldn't cost much, you'll have to shop around though.

I'm not sure how much $50 is... :P

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

i have one for my families laptop. it is pretty sweet. tried it with RSC once. there pretty cool. but it took me hours to configure. with filters,rivers etc. it its just easier to watch on desktop.

moose67.png

i have one for my families laptop. it is pretty sweet. tried it with RSC once. there pretty cool. but it took me hours to configure. with filters,rivers etc. it its just easier to watch on desktop.

Should just be a case of plugging in and flicking over to the right out channel.

I've thought about buying a new video card with tv out, but the only video cards most shops sell are expensive gaming ones. I already have a good enough video card but it jsut doesnt have tv out. Maybe theres some kind of usb adapter or something :?

BTW new release PS2 n XBOX games are usually $100 AUS. So that should give u an idea of how much $50 is.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

You arn't going to find an adapter to convert from VGA to s-video, atleast as far as I know. Even if you do, you will still be better off buying a video card that supports it nativly.

If you have open PCI slots you should be able to pick up a cheap card that supports s-video out that will do what you want it to do while still using your AGP or PCIe card for the heavy lifting.

yea i did it with my laptop all the time, it didnt play games well at all, really slow

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

i have a svideo out on my card.. you can get a decent 2 year old tech card for about $100 or less...

I keep mine Cloneing to my TV all the time and have a auto splitter so if i turn my VCR off it switches to the computer (or if i turn my DVD on it switches to my DVD)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!