has anyone ever got this email?

darksire

This email. sais its from [link removed - McGuff1] and it sais that they have selected you to become a moderator and all you need to do is log in at the site and accept the email. Well I went to the stie and it sent me to runescape homepage. i signed in and then it asked for my pass again so i typed it in. It said it would be 24 hours before i became a mod. and i would appear with a little crown type hting by my name when i typed or when ppl put their mouse over me. I hurried up and changed my pass for fear of it not being true. was this the right thing to do? Or was the email really from jagex? Plz tell me so I know wether or not to be mad at myself.

uberpure.png

Omg you gave them your pass? And then you wonder if the email came from Jagex?

Use a little common sense.. Jagex doesn't need to ask your for their password. Would be something if they couldn't do anything to an account without the user giving them the password.

you were correct in changing your pass. Like the previous poster said, Jagex will NEVER e-mail you, but instead use the message center through runescape.com. The e-mail was a scam, attempting to get your password and steal your account. For future reference, delete all suspcious e-mails before even opening them.

ShadowSam19.png

It may have been the Runescape website, I personally don't know! But I have seen where some people will copy an entire site, and change the name to something close. For example, on the news, the showed scamming sites. Real site was the Bank of West or something. The phishing site replaced, the w in West with two v's. w ... vv. Moral of the story... basically what everyone else said.

Everybody listen.

Jagex will never email you.

I wonder how many times this has been quoted.

The+Team.png

i'm sure people want to flame my post for some reason, but thats life i guess? No it isn't life *hopes people look outside the window,* go "flame" people out there, you get a nice supprise :XD: < like no teeth.

i gotta say, jagex will e-mail you if you are a member and somehow some1 found out u're plastic card number and used it, like they notice that a new name has been added to the plastic card number, they will ask you if you knew htat you were paying for the particular person., i know bc they e-mail me...... and no for all u password parinooid ppl, i didn't tell them my pass, you can go to bed will a light heart.

for_sooth.png

Barrows Drops - Guthans Helmat x2, Dharoks Chest x2, Ahrims Staff, Guthans WarSpear Ahrims Robetop x2, Ahrims Hood, Torag's Legs, Karils Skirt, Xbow - Med (Double) Brassard-Hammers (Double)

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt... (3 helms)

Dk - Dragon Axe x3, Warrior Ring x2

T.T - Top hat (4.3m) x2

GWD - [bandos] Hilt, Plate X2

Everybody listen.

Jagex will never email you.

I wonder how many times this has been quoted.

one more time for enforcement :P

^^ Lol and if someone still goes to an email someone sent them i guess it isnt enough #-o

i think they are not getting the poitn how about one more time THEY DONT EMAIL U

phily.png

thxs vibro for the sig ^_^.