Why did you train your skills?

Fencal

ME:

Attck, defence, strengh, hitpoints and range and mage:

I have switched between these god..so many times now, first time I properly started training was when I brought a mith sowrd and saw i needed 20 attack, my carrer of combating was born

Prayer

HmmmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâætheres nothing better than letting a lvl 170 rock golam attack you, then switch to protect form melee and own him/her, after I did the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åheadless ghostÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Fencal.gif

well i level to lvl. i mean thats what the game is meant for.

but what really surprises me is all my stats are fairly easily obtained, next to the melee stats i posses. i mean melee just takes time

i get lvls for the appropriate quest. and i get lvls doin stuff which will lvl other stuff

such as fletching. when i was gettin 99 fletching. i did farmin while doin that. i am now 72 farming becasue of it. and i alched MOST of the bows. and i was 91 magic because of that.

i do what i do.

Melee Combat: Trained it ever since I started, I feel good when I gain a lvl. :)

Range: I didn't start this until like 5/6 months after I started playing :lol: I saw how much ranging can own in c-wars. 61 Range now.

Magic: At first I didn't like magic, only got to 40 for House Tele. But then suddenly I started to become more intrested. 72 Magic now.

Prayer: I was lvl 30 when I found out how to lvl prayer :lol:

RuneCrafting: I knew this was a good money maker, at 44 that is. So I worked and worked on it. 56 now.

Agility: I wanted to beat the Grand Tree quest, so I needed 25 agility. Trainned it. Then I I wanted faster energy restore times. So I raised it to 40. Wanted to do Legends, trainned, but bores me. Currently: 45

Theving: I remember stealing from cake stalls and using the cakes for bosses and training. Eventully I got to 20, so I train it occasionally. Went to 53 for Desert Treasure.

Herblore: I loved this skill when I first tried it. But then it took too long to lvl, did quests to reach 38 to make p-pots, which I heard can be sold for 7k ea.

Crafting: I train this once in a while, kinda aiming for 61 now to do Lunar.

Fletching: Wasn't a big fan of ranging back in the day, so I didn't raise this much. When I got into ranging I make arrows. Got me to lvl 39. I wanted to make my own yew longs and high alch them, so I bought 17k willows and fletched them all. :shock:

Slayer: I dont really mind this skill, just train it once in a while.

Mining: I used to mine a lot when I was a newbie. Mining and smithing were my #1 income. Eventully I stop smithing stuff, only to smelt bars and sell. So I got a higer mining than Smtihing

Smithing: Look above.

Fishing: I wanted to fish lobbies so I trained to 40. Just kept fishing ad fishing and got up to 75.

Cooking: Look at above, but replace "Fishing" with "Cooking"

Firemaking: Free lvls anyone?

WC: I heard cutting yews was a good moneymaker, but I wouldn't stand the wait. 71 now.

Farming: I hate this skill, it would of be 1 if I never planned to raise it. Orginally, I wanted 32 (I think) for Ranarr. Got to 16 and quit.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

all skills: at first so I can do things. then did the ones I liked more then others. then I did more skills that gives money. and now just for total lvl. (1875 total atm hoping to 1876 today).

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

I train for the satisfaction of reaching a goal: for instance, my current goal is 70 smithing, I can't wait to make my first addy bar.

I train skills first to do things, secondly for making money: for instance, I'm not training my 85 fletching for a while, as I can make every bow now: meaning that I see no point in training it more until later, when I can do everything that other skills offer (99 smithing might be an exception, it might not).

The skills I like less are ones that are less rewarding to me: I don't like theiving, as it's very repitious and not very good money. But then I like runecrafting, as every trip is slightly different, and it's rewarding to make your own runes.

I started training them at first, because that's why they are there.

Quests with good rewards make me raise some skills, and good rewards for having high skills is another reason.

But the main reason I have to say is to make money. That way I can do whatever I like. It's easier to have fun in the game when you've got cash.

underbannerim0.png

Feel free to use this sig as yours if you like the comic. :D

Attck, defence, strengh, hitpoints and range and mage:

Ah the rune scimmy and armour set... Every beginning player's dream. I got it after a while. The onyl reason I'm leveling range is because of those awsome dragonhides, and I'd like to attempt teh fight caves in teh future.

Prayer

Protection prayers of coursen and after that I wanted 52 to do all prayers.

Agility

Legends quest and regicide. The only reason I'm training this.

Mining/smithing

Ruen minign and smithign always was my dream. I stopped at 72 mining and 57 smithing because I was too bored.

Helebore

Hard to lvl, but I'd like to get a high level one day.

Runecrafting

I started this because natures were excellent money, it's now 53 and I don't really enjoy it any more. I might get 54 one of these days though.

Construct

I got to 20 with Tears of Guthix, but then I decided I wanted 50 for portals and altar. I now have 48 and can use my tea to get 50; so i'm happy.

Fletching

I want 70 for yew longs, I have the willows for 70 banked but I got fed up after lvl 63.

Theiveing

53 for Dt of course. I like the skill and I'm now 55.

Crafting

I got 50 for strength ammys, and I'll get 61 one of these days for the Lunar quest.

Slayer

55 for slayer dart, it owns.

Fishing/cooking

65 fishing and 71 cooking (for RFD), I just did some random fishing occasianally and when I got to 65 I bought 3k raw lobsters and cooked them.

Woodcut/firemaking

I just wanted my second lvl 70 skill; but I stopped at 68 woodcutting. I also did some firemaking for fun, takign me to lvl 53.

Farming

I liekd it till I got 40, it's still 40 now.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Combat: Train seldomly, but not so much since I'm aiming for 99 Magic before 100 Combat

Range: Fire Giants. Eh, that's it.

All other skills: I used to love skills, but now I realize how boring and time wasting they are. If you think about it, wasting your time training most skills is really a waste of a valuable, wholesome life. Thankfully since I used to love skills my levels are good enough for almost all quests, so I generally don't have to train them.

Magic: Other than taking down Dagganoth Rex, slaying Steel Dragons, playing CW and killing Pinkies, this'll probably be the only other thing you'll see me doing. I love the skill of Magic, and with every new level I love the power that comes with it :twisted: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I see combat as the prime reason to play this game.

All other skills are supportive of combat except construction, firemaking and slayer, which is a built-in skill on combat.

So that's why I maxed out attack and hp, and am on my way to get 99 def and str uin the next weeks.

I need to study a lot for my accounting studies, so i tend to raise a lot of skills with macros-type fonction like fishing, woodcutting, cooking and fletching during the school semesters. That's why i have all these skills in the 85+ range.

Thanx to woodcutting and slayer (87 currently), I stacked a lot of herb seeds (350 irit seeds when i started farming) and tree seeds and had a good reason to level up farming up to 79 today. I made a lot of money turning 100 snapdragons seeds into 628 super restore potions. Farming helped me get 74 herblore along the way. All the money i made from herblore and slayer (23 whips so far) helped me get 13,5k drag bones to get me to 87 prayer and 124 combat in the next month.

I hate runecrafting, slow xp.... tears of guthix and magic lamps are helping me raise this skill 54 so far. Agility is a msut to do ME part 2, heard you need 66+ to do this quest... 62 accomplished so far... so boring i will get it eventually.

Thieving: 68 at the moment, everytime I tele to ardy i steal 1 spice and 1 silver... slow but at least my xp si getting higher. I'll steal some seeds when i'm empty.

Crafting, oh I like killling dragons... 80 crafting from hides!

always happy to trade glories for d stones.

Mining and smithing... really a thrill on F2P , haven't touched these in a long time... 79 mining, 75 smihting (for addy arrow heads...)

Firemaking: got enough logs for 84 , 70 at the moment, must really be bored with the game to level up this skill...

Construction: very boring to level up.... money drain skill...54 so far, gotta get my altar to use my bones...

23 lvls away from 1800 total.... only one way to go... UP!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I like training skills, because in video games, I always like to be able to have an do everything. And the same goes for Runescape. I don't want there to be a single thing I can't do/make/kill.

100combat7xp.gif

Don't free Durial. Put this in your sig if you believe in justice.

well i like to be as independent as posible. so basicly if i need something i will try to train it.

not melee fan so only time i get exp in those skills when i'm at barrows (haven't been in ages) and quests.

range is now one of primary targets since i wanna go for fire cape.

love mage in barrows so i train when i go there.

now slowsly crawling to all skills 60+ but it takes ages since i don't have much time to play :(

after i get all those and fire cape i'll go after slayer to max out my other cmb stats. not i put that skill on hold

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Ok here is my full list:

Melee Skills: (with defence and hitpoints)

What I am most of the times is thief and monster fighter.

Archery:

No reason now really. But it would be to kill nechyreals easier with 85 slayer

Magic:

Really no reason. Mainly for high alchemying and killing steel dragons

Smithing:

In F2P I used that skill most of the times, but now that I'm a member I don't use it very much.

Mining:

See smithing

Fletching:

To make my own rune arrows.

Thieving:

I'm PURE evil. So I can steal wallets and get cash easily. That's why I do that skill. :twisted:

Crafting:

I mainly use this after ring of life saves me. And cut gems. Not really much really.

Herblore:

To make potions. Potions are useful for fighting.

Cooking:

So I can make food to survive while fighting

Fishing:

Read Cooking

FireMaking:

Not much really mainly to lit bullseye lantern it doesn't give EXP and I burn logs rarily so it isn't very much

RuneCrafting:

I almost never do it. I mainly use it if I'm out of runes which doesn't happen very often.

Agility:

To be able to use shortcuts. Shortcuts are better than going the entire way.

Prayer:

Mainly to protect from combat, really.

Slayer:

To increase my limit of monster I can fight. With 0 slayer level I would train on same mosnters over and over again. :wall:

Woodcutting:

Again not very often. I find it mainly for firemaking skill, I have beaten the goal for 49 firemaking so I don't really see why I would use this skill

Farming:

I don't care if people say I can fight monsters while waiting. I have to take care which is waste of time. And they are mainly stuff that I can get easily. By buying from a player.

Construction:

I hate it as much as I hate farming. It is waste of money. I really don't see the point of wasting years in getting 100M while I could waste few minutes to fight the steel dragons in Brimhaven Dungeon that DROPS stuff and give EXP.

Well, this is my list.

Attack, defence, strength, hitpoints :

got high levels to basically defend myself at first

after i became a member i realized the potential of slayer so i raised all to 70 to be able to weild barrows to help with slayer

range:

saw it as a good option to use with high level monsters without needing to bank every 3 kills

mage:

i first raised it to 31 to do dragon slayer (without giving 10k to the goblin), since i started to smith mith i raised it to be able to high alc my produce for bigger profit (i used to mine everything myself, good times)

Prayer:

i spent ages rainsing it at hill giants to get protect from melee to use against those evil randoms

Agility

i really hated this skill, but i was desperate to be able to use a d hally =)

Mining/smithing

When i started i talked to the various npcs and they said smithing was a good way to make money so i mined my own ores and smithed them (mining was my first skill over 60)

Helebore

Wanted free prayer pots =P

Runecrafting

Wanted free nats and laws, and saw it as a good way to make money

Construct

N/A, havent been a member since it was released

Fletching

always heard people say it was easy money, but i hated it, so its still low, got it up mostly from quests

Theiveing

at the begging i was encouraged by the speed of its training (got from 5 to 20 in like 20 minutes, later got it to 53 stealing seeds, in order to do desert treasure (yes its hard)

Crafting

im not sure about this, i thing i just wanted to make gold stuff =P, now its one of my favourite skills, even if not one of the highest

Slayer

always wanted phr33 whipp3rs pl0x

Fishing/cooking

just wanted free food for my combat training (i hardly ever buy anything, i am very selfsuffiscient, i get mosts thing i want/need as a result of training other skills)

Woodcut

at the start i hated it, but then i heard someone say it was good for money, so i just gave it a shot (now my 2nd higest skill at 85)

firemaking

at the start i got it up for quest requirements, then at one point i decided to raise it to be able to light the cave goblin helm (dont know why), then i thought: hey, that was easy, why not get it to 80 to burn the higest level shades in the shades of mort'ton mingame, at 80 i thought: that was easy, why not go for 99 (now 93 and rising)

Farming

just wanted to grow my own herbs, and do quests

Attack

Just want to wield a whip originally, as i had one at 57 attack...motivation or what.

Defence

Originally to get to 60 for Dragon armour, then to 70 for barrows armour. Now to 80 for general defensive requirements :)

Strength

Hit higher, and wield Dharok stuff.

Hitpoints

This just went up with the others...

Range

Never really done range, only lvl 56 or something.

Mage

Did this for legends quest requirements, found it to be fun once you can hit over 10 ;)

Prayer

Trained this subconciously to 52. Havnt buried a bone since as i consider it a waste of combat levels to go higher than 52 atm.

Agility

Regicide requirements drove me to lvl 56.

Mining/smithing

Wanted to make full mith sets when i was a newb. Still cant, but im not dreadful, just pretty pathetic at level 51.

Herblore

Dull to train but good for barrows to make my own Prayer Pots and also was neccessary for several quests, including legends.

Runecrafting

Only trained it to 30 to get on highscores. Now on a 8k pure ess mining trip to get the amount needed to lvl up to 44. (nats ftw)

Construction

Loved it for 2 weeks, havnt touched it since. Cost me 9 mil, but i finally got my treausre room and lesser demon :)

Fletching

Always heard of the money in yew longs, on first membership day got to 50 fletching, havnt done much since.

Theiveing

Like the idea pf free stuff :) Lvl 56 or 57 now i believe.

Crafting

One of the first skills i trained properly and efficiently. I like the idea of making dead dragon entrails into expensive armour ;)

Slayer

only did it for royal trouble quest, so i believe im lvl 42

Fishing/cooking

Hate them. Both Mid 50's for both purely for heroes requirements.

Woodcutting/firemaking

Currently raising wc from 57 to 75 for magic logs. Currently at 72, just short of 73

Farming

Um, never trained it, might never train it. Only got lvl 22 thanks to trees in my player owned house and tears of Guthix minigame.

That explains my total lvl 1234!

Lhuthoriel.png

Lhuthoriel.png

Lhuthoriel.png

Melee: For quests

Ranged: Slayer

Magic: High Alchemy

Prayer: I love to bury bones

Agility: <3 shortcuts

Herblore: To make potions?

Thieving: Skill Total :roll:

Runecrafting: CASH

Crafting: I have no idea :cry:

Fletching: It's easy and easy money 8-)

Mining: *attempted* to get 85 - did not succeed :(

Smithing: I try to keep it close to my mining ;-)

Fishing:Food

Cooking: To not burn my food :D

Firemaking: Easiest F2P skill to level

Woodcutting: Good forum-browsing training

Slayer: Skill Total

Farming: I randomly plant herbs and trees. No reason except I love to level it

Construction: For a fancy house :D (will get 75 soon)

why did i train my skills..... because your ment to.... right?

slayer!! (fave skill) killin innocent animals because someone told me to, its great, workin up to 85 just for the satisfaction of sayin "i did it!" currently at 50

rune craftin: gets boring but is very usefull, think im on 39 now (goin for 44 then to laws lol)

craftin: second fave skill, fave f2p. i like makin things.... what can i say? craftin is 51.... or is it 52 now? iuno lol, just like it

farming.... the most crap skill in the history of ever never even bothered

theiving: well :P do i need say any more? train train train... til i get bored

fishin/cookin: usefull but bores the hell out of me

general combat: att 68 str 67 and def 65 (soon to be 66) prob the main skill everyone takes for granted... 81 combat

prayer: i think theres a certian word beginnin with c that ive mentioned already that describes this... none the less, 37

mage: good skill, like it, make my own runes. usefull 52

anythin else worth mentionin? Slayer!!!! :D he he :twisted:

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

well since this is a topic for long posts here goes:

attack, defence and strength: Well, from day one i figured i'd need a decent combat level. Getting your attack strength and defence balanced is also very important, so to be able to kill monsters i started training these three skills. I'm still not done training attack to my goal of 80.

range and magic: Well, again balanced combat is very important to me so i also trained range and magic. I'm still not done training range to a goal i want, namely 85.

prayer: well, i looked and didn't want any skills under 50 (later 60), so i started burying bones. I did this from the very start killing cows. levels couldn't hurt me could they? not when it was free xp.

runecrafting: When i started seriously leveling my budget was super low. i had to mine my own essence and craft mind and fire runes to afford to train magic on cows (to earn me some money), which gave me the ability to train crafting, runecrafting and magic at the same time.

construction: once this skill was released i wanted to get levels. It was my birthday the day the skill was released so i decided i'd give myself a birthday present and invest my newly earned money from rares merchanting into getting a nice and usable house. 70 was trained to in a matter of days by me, and it was a blast! i'd keep going if i had the cash, but i've got other goals that also need moeny

hp: With combat comes hp levels on their own. I want to join a clan now so i need to get another 2 hp lvls. it's the first time i have a goal in this skill, ever. I've signed up for a pest control group to help me get this xp fast. Hopefully they reply soon:)

agility: The first day of becoming a member i figured out that with a much larger map being able to run more would be important. i got 25 on my first day of membership. Then quickly trained it to 56 for the underground pass quest. I kept on going because i hated walking when abyss runecrafting. now i'm 75.

herblore: I was also intriegued by this skill on my first day of members. potions to help you in battle seemed awsome. I got hooked. Like many i leveld up on chaos druids, but unlike many once farming got released i loved the skill and have gotten a ton of herbs from it later.

theiving: I also got this skill to 25 on my first day of members. I was still on low budget and therefore needed a way to get cash fast. theiving was perfect. I still have a theiving goal, but i don't get too much time to spend training it because i have so many other goals i want more :P

crafting: I trained this with cow hides on f2p and went over to flax and gems on p2p. I hate leveling this skill, but love getting levels in it, or training it with a friend. anything is fun training with a friend:)

fletching: Day one of membership I got 50 in this skill. I had heard from friends that it was a good moneymaker, and i've always been a total leveler. It's also a great way of getting magic up cheaply.

slayer: I started looking into this skill the first week. I had higher level friends ask me for advice early on with it. I love getting the free xp from slayer tasks. with the new black mask the bonus of +15% attack and strength would be cool, but i'm training range at the moment.

mining: Once i got off tutorial island the first thing i did was to look on the world map to find a route to be able to smith items. for the first month of runescape mining and smithing was what i did until i could afford a runepick. that was all off selling the finished iron items to the general stores. Now i don't like training this, but getting iron for throwing knives

smithing makes me get some xp once in a while.

Smithing: After i got membership I needed to make my own ranging products. First i made arrowheads, later and i still do, i make throwing knives for ranging. before i had 50 (later 60) though i used to spend time lelveling this for the sake of leveling it. smithign isn't that bad. you can write stuff like this while smithing (i certainly am).

fishing: After i got membership i soon figured that i needed a way to effectivly get my own food. I did a ton of trout and salmon fishing to get me into the guild and started fishing lobsters for food. It became apparent to me quite fast that i needed more of a fishing level than in the 50s to effectivly fish food, so i went back to shilo village for more fishing. I got fishig to 70+ and started trianing it with catching lobsters that i can also use for food. I did this until i could fish sharkes, but still continued to use lobsters as my food until the release of monkfish. i've been doing those for fishing and food ever since.

cooking: I always cook my fished goods. That levels my cooking up, a lot faster than my fishing.

firemaking: I burned my logs in f2p when i was cutting willows trying to level up woodcutting enough for yews. then i got memebers and started fletching my logs instead. however, i got addicted to the shades of mort'ton mingame and got a goal of getting 80 firemaking. Which i did. I should work on woodcutting to get it to 80 as well lol.

woodcutting: I never liked training this skill other than with friends around. however, i did have a lot of woodcutting friends and therefore getting my woodcutting up to 70 wasn't a problem at all. it was actually quite fun.

farming: since the release of this skill i understood how important it would be. Seeds were released earlier than the rest of the skill as many of you might remmeber, and from the release of seeds till farming, i got almost 20 theiving levels off theiving seeds. i was very well prepared to level it once it was released. After using all the low level seeds getting my level higher, i found most of my combat friends never wanting to train the skill, so whenever they train on or fight creatures that drop seeds, they ususally give those seeds to me or sell them to me very cheaply. I leveled mostly with herbseeds which also earned me a ton of money. My slayer tasks are also a great way of getting good seeds that are useful. I don't know what my skills would look like if this skill wasn't around. I'm guessing herblore would be very different.

If you look me up you can see that my skills are reasonably good. you can always ask me any questions related to training or anything else and i'll do my best of answering those.

When I was a low level I raised skills to be better. Then when I got mebers, I raised them to do quests (Legends was a big one, to get all of the requirements). Now, with all quests done and the new ones being too easy, I raise them as I go along, doing whatever.

Kostyaf.png