Max ranged hit?

Weslee_Dean

Here's the highest I've hit so far.

pc50pk7.jpg

I was using ruby adamant bolts (e), which have a chance of taking off 20% of the current life of the target. So, 20% of 250 equals 50 :P

I'd like to see some screen shots of dragonstone bolts in action, I had 12 of them made but the special never happened :(

Verify with the Blood Bolts if the max hit is based on the opponents current hit points (great at beginning of battle) or max hitpoints (great at any point in battle).

The emerald bolts will be popular to take down one itemers. It'll be insane when combined with smite.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

were u poted?

no he wasnt, he just photoshopped the message into the chat screen saying he had finished his range potion :^o

well holy pardon me i ddint realize the poted writing in the chat box i was too busy looking at the 50

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

so theoreticaly, if you didnt do any other damage besides the special(i dunno if the special works every time), first hit on dag rex would do a 66, next would do a 53, then a 43, then a 34, then a 27, then a 21, 18, 14, 11....

so dag rex would be

53, 43, 34, 27, 21, 18, 14, 11...

and he's about dead at that time..

so..8 hits and he would be dead..theoreticaly

w4M8t.png

so theoreticaly, if you didnt do any other damage besides the special(i dunno if the special works every time), first hit on dag rex would do a 66, next would do a 53, then a 43, then a 34, then a 27, then a 21, 18, 14, 11....

so dag rex would be

53, 43, 34, 27, 21, 18, 14, 11...

and he's about dead at that time..

so..8 hits and he would be dead..theoreticaly

You're probably thinking of Prime, Rex is the melee dude. I feel like a noob for not ever having tested Ranged capabilites on Rex, but being the melee Kind I doubt he's very vulnerable to ranged attacks :wink: .

Also, I'm pretty sure the special doesn't just "instantaneously" work on every hit, 'cause if it did, well, that would just be stupid :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Verify with the Blood Bolts if the max hit is based on the opponents current hit points

This is true. I hit some pretty bad numbers with the special when the portal was low on hit points. When the special works its seems to ALWAYS be 20% of the CURRENT hit points of the target... and I dont think your range level matters (although im not sure on this one). So, anyone who has Ruby Bolts could of hit that 50.

Here's a 49

pc49ua2.jpg

Notice the little blood drops? That is the special animation from the blood forfeit special. I don't have any more ruby bolts.. and these were the only screens I took. So this will have to do until other people try it and post some screenshots. I hope somebody tries it on a monster with >250 hitpoints and show us >:)

Ok, here's the questions about bolts that need to be known for full cost effectiveness.

1. Rate of special activation (different for each bolt, obviously)

2. Breakage Rate (important to determine cost per shot)

3. Normal max damage (helps overcome low special rates)

4. Speed/range of bows.

The blood bolt is not good if it's 20% of current hitpoints. No offense, even on players, that's a rare 19 max hit IF the player happened to be 99 at the time.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Yeah I can't really see this as being too effective against other players atm. My initial feeling about all of the enchanted bolts in general is that they are tedious to make, the specials are too inconsistent to rely on, and are rather expensive to make with all of the required steps.