What is the greatest sin?

pianofrieak2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the biggest sin is not being a christen jk besides what ppl belive not all christens are morons the biggest sin is dinying god (or what ever name u call him by)

There's only unethical and immoral actions here. No sins.
QFT :D

To those that said Beliving in false idols... does God count as a false idol? I'm sure many people would agree that. Who defines what is false and what is true?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

To those that said Beliving in false idols... does God count as a false idol? I'm sure many people would agree that. Who defines what is false and what is true?

I agree, goodsirknight, also gratz on 8000 posts. :D

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

QFT QFT.

The greatest sin is wasting this life toadying to a fictional deity in the belief that there is any form of life after death.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

QFT QFT.

The greatest sin is wasting this life toadying to a fictional deity in the belief that there is any form of life after death.

That is quite true. My stance on an after-life is this: I want to believe in an after-life because I cant just see my-self being gone. All that I am, what makes me, me. All gone. I don't want to believe it. Yet I know that once I die there will probably be no form of life after death. It's a hard thing to comprehend, for me atleast.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

That is quite true. My stance on an after-life is this: I want to believe in an after-life because I cant just see my-self being gone. All that I am, what makes me, me. All gone. I don't want to believe it. Yet I know that once I die there will probably be no form of life after death. It's a hard thing to comprehend, for me atleast.

I agree that it might be a 'nice' thought to think that there is not an end to life, but it is also nice to think that there is some deity watching over you and making sure you are successful - just because it is nice doesn't make it true.

If you do feel sad that your life will just end - don't worry; you'll be dead and hence unable to care. All of this is a good reason to enjoy your life as much as you can.

Imagine there's no Heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

John Lennon knew it, why dont the rest of us?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

Wow, that's cheesey.

I don't believe in God, but I find it really annoying when others who don't sit and preach about how God is false. I just seems so... Arrogant. Yes, there's people who believe and go on about how we all should, but honestly, just ignore them. The arguements that result from this are never ever constructive.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

In my eyes, the worst "sin" is disloyalty, or maybe i should say abusing trust. There's nothing more hurtful than trusting someone and having them stab you in the back.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

A "sin" is defined as "missing the mark". It's an archery term. Therefore an "unethical" action would be missing the mark (the target being an ethical action), and thus, a sin. It's not like using the same word that a Christian does will associate you with the faith.

Obviously God does NOT count as a false idol. Seeing as God is the one giving the command, anyone that believes in the command is going to believe in God, and anyone that doesn't believe in God isn't going to believe in the command, since God gave it.

I can't honestly see where you were trying to go with this, the answer is so simple and obvious. Were you honestly looking for an answer? Or were just, as usual, trying to throw your atheistic views into a thread remotely tied-in with God in some way and backhandedly insult Christians?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Therefore an "unethical" action would be missing the mark (the target being an ethical action), and thus, a sin.

Not necessarily true - if the person deliberately did something unethical then an ethical action would not have been his target.

But its ok to say that denying the existence of God is the biggest sin? Double standards

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

/ stuff /
Not quite. As far as I am concerned a sin is the breaking a rule of god - deliberate or not. I have never seen or heard someone use 'sin' in a manner other than refering to religion.

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today

Yeah, and if the killer whales can do it, why can't we?

QFTW -- If I avoid doing anything which is regarded by others as sinful it's because I think it's wrong myself, and not because I particularly care what they think. For the same reason, I obey laws only when it suits me, in that I either obey because I think the law is just, or obey because it's just easier than disobeying and its likely consequences. So... I'm all for speeding on an open road (/speeding when it's obviously safe to do it) -- that sort of thing.

I wouldn't murder someone for several reasons: one, that I think it's wrong to do so; two, because if I were that annoyed with them I'd think of something nastier to do; and three, that I'd probably be punished for it. Well, depending on how stupid I was in the execution*.

*pun intended.

Guest GhostRanger
Denying God.

Looks like I'm a big sinner. :roll:

No need to roll your eyes at my belief. I understand that not everyone believes in God, and not everyone believes in the same God as I do. I'm just stating my opinon (or belief, if you will) and I hope that my belief is be treated with respect. I didn't roll my eyes at your belief.

Murder (even if you wish the conceal details of a murder) and Incest.

Those two are just wrooong. :shame:

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

all sins are equal the worst is deshonering the holy spirit for which you cannot be forgiven, but for the rest you can be forgiven by the grace of god and by the blood of the lamb.

A friend to all is a friend to none.