the wonderful world of...anime

Nenga

yep, indeed there is a word for them. They are an awful lot of them after all. people who think they know japanese because they understand the literal translation of kage bunshin no jutsu.

and i totally agree, stage6 is the ONLY way to go. No limits on filesize of video length uploads.. its perfect. and it autosaves the videos you watch to the HDD as well.

Ya, I actually watched all my episodes of Bleach up to when I caught up, at about 117, on Youtube (which was before they started deleting anime). And up until I watched Death Note, I still used it. Thankfully I found Stage6 via looking for Death Note eps (as a lot of places had loading problems, or Youtube just didn't have the ep), and now I watch everything on Stage6 :D.

I actually just rewatched Bleach Episode 58 on Stage6, as last time I watched it on Youtube. It was godly o_O (don't skip too it if you're watching on Adult Swim right now though, it kind of ruins the Soul Society arc for ya). I mean, seeing Ichigo pull out his [censored] and seeing [censored] using all of his/her [censored] in unison with the perfect light effects and quality, while Ichigo effectively used his [censored] with all his sweet [censored], it was amazing. So wish I had found this before I used Youtube; Youtube just takes so much away from the experience.

Use Stage6 kiddies, even if it does take a bit to find the vid :-$ .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the first episode of FMA , which is fantastic btw, but one thing occurs to me... why is it fullmetal.. why not mostly metal?.. at the very least from what i've seen he still has 1 flesh arm and a head... yes im being picky.

Tk5SF.png

I just watched the first episode of FMA , which is fantastic btw, but one thing occurs to me... why is it fullmetal.. why not mostly metal?.. at the very least from what i've seen he still has 1 flesh arm and a head... yes im being picky.

because "guy with a metal arm and leg that can do alchemy" isnt as catchy lol

Because he didn't get the name "Fullmetal" (or Steel in Japanese) for his metal limbs. He got it for how stubborn he is; the title represents the figurative meaning as well, if not moreso than the literal meaning (which is why it's funny when antagonists always say "oh, I get it, that's why the military would give you such a stern name", 'cause they don't really get it :P ).

So, basically, Fullmetal=stubborn, and that's why Ed got that name.

Because he didn't get the name "Fullmetal" (or Steel in Japanese) for his metal limbs. He got it for how stubborn he is; the title represents the figurative meaning as well, if not moreso than the literal meaning (which is why it's funny when antagonists always say "oh, I get it, that's why the military would give you such a stern name", 'cause they don't really get it :P ).

I remember that one dude thought Al was the fullmeta; alchemist and started geeking out over him :XD: Ed told him he was the fullemtal alchemist and the guy was like "I thought you'd be a little more.... metal :? )

Ahh, the dreaded Narutards. They're on to me, I swear. I get invited to this massive MSN convo to find everyone except me had named themselves after a Naruto character.

Scary, believe it!

I c what u did thar ::'

Tk5SF.png

Ahh, the dreaded Narutards. They're on to me, I swear. I get invited to this massive MSN convo to find everyone except me had named themselves after a Naruto character.

Scary, believe it!

I c what u did thar ::'

that happened to me once but everyone had the name sasuke or sakura >.< on guy named gaara.... he stood out more than i did lol

I feel like i've been given a stern telling off.. especially with the look ed is giving me from ur sig...

gimme a break, i've only seen 2 episodes

Tk5SF.png

I feel like i've been given a stern telling off.. especially with the look ed is giving me from ur sig...

Hey, it's nothing, it's a very common misconception :P . I didn't know it either until I went onto FMA sites way later into the series (or after I had watched the whole thing, can't remember), and I'd bet most FMA fans still think that he's called Fullmetal for his limbs (as it's never once blatantly explained in the anime or manga :-w ).

And lol at the sig comment :P .

Hey, it's nothing, it's a very common misconception :P . I didn't know it either until I went onto FMA sites way later into the series (or after I had watched the whole thing, can't remember), and I'd bet most FMA fans still think that he's called Fullmetal for his limbs (as it's never once blatantly explained in the anime or manga :-w ).

And lol at the sig comment :P .

Don't feel bad until Reb said it, I never got it either.

I used to be SO into DB DBZ and DBGT...

DBZ was best

Bleach and FMA are awesome...

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this as well, but once you get passed the horrible attempts at comedy, Naruto is pretty good...

[hide]Does FMA end after he tries to build a space ship ro something? or are there more episodes?[/hide]

Yayyyyyy...

One of the best anime's I've ever seen is called Samurai 7, it's only in subtitles but it is worth the watch. Also loved FMA, but didn't like the ending. Bleach is also great, waiting for ep 138 to come out. A great website for anime is tv-links.co.uk. All kinds of anime, movies, tv shows, just gotta hope they work.

Ps. I heard the FMA movie ties up alot of loose ends, but I haven't seen it.

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png

I'm really not an anime person (shows like bleach and FMA just look... bad. At least from what random episodes I see on adult swim are) but I've been getting into this one thats on adult swim called Blood +.

Its a pretty good anime to be honest.

Well, there you are. Just got told by a hardcore fan to use Stage6. Might as well try it next time. Just a little question, seeing I can't find any dubbed episodes, do you reckon it's worth seeing the subbed ones?

And just while you're at it, don't you also want to tell us a good place to read the Manga, by the way?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I have issues with Stage6 right now. I was hoping to find all of Full Metal Alchemist so I could finally watch it, but every episode is either dubbed (I hate dubbed versions) or subtitled in a language I can't understand (Why do we need 50 versions of each episode in Spanish?)

On another FMA note, (Reb could probably answer this, but anyone could if they know) when Ed performs transmutation without a circle, he always claps his hands first. That's obvious. What I'm trying to understand is does he need to clap his hands because his arms form a transmutation circle, or does he do it just for show and doesn't even need to clap first?

On another unrelated note, I'm surprised there isn't even a passing mention of Trigun on here. I just finished watching it about a week ago and I absolutely love it. I know it's about 9 years old but still, does no one else like it?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

I have issues with Stage6 right now. I was hoping to find all of Full Metal Alchemist so I could finally watch it, but every episode is either dubbed (I hate dubbed versions) or subtitled in a language I can't understand (Why do we need 50 versions of each episode in Spanish?)

Eh, I watched FMA dubbed, so I personally don't find anything all that wrong with it :-w .

On another FMA note, (Reb could probably answer this, but anyone could if they know) when Ed performs transmutation without a circle, he always claps his hands first. That's obvious. What I'm trying to understand is does he need to clap his hands because his arms form a transmutation circle, or does he do it just for show and doesn't even need to clap first?

The clapping of the hands creates a circle within his body, allowing for the circulation of energy and the ability to perform a transmutation without the need of a transmutation circle. The body becomes the transmutation circle itself, but only because his hands are clapped to form a circle. So, choice A basically.

And meol, I usually only go into FMA dowloaded manga, and I use http://www.zomgfta.com for viewing. It's at like Chapter 73 translated right now, 74 is the latest out.

Well, there you are. Just got told by a hardcore fan to use Stage6. Might as well try it next time. Just a little question, seeing I can't find any dubbed episodes, do you reckon it's worth seeing the subbed ones?

And just while you're at it, don't you also want to tell us a good place to read the Manga, by the way?

subbed anime isnt so bad... especially if you havent seen the anime in english yet like deathnote =p. Although I dont think I could ever watch a subbed bleach or tenchi muyo :uhh:

subbed anime isnt so bad... especially if you havent seen the anime in english yet like deathnote =p. Although I dont think I could ever watch a subbed bleach or tenchi muyo :uhh:

That's kind of how sub-dub relations work. For example, the first time I heard Renji talk in the dubbed version, it felt like nails clawing on a chalkboard, relentlessly tearing away the folds of my cerebrum. You just become accustomed to the voices in one version, and thus the other version seems so foreign (no pun intended). The same goes for FMA for me- I saw the dubbed version first, and though I don't mind the Japanese voices, I'm more used to the dubbed ones and thus prefer them.

meol, I'd say subbed just for the authenticity of it, but whatever one you hear first sounds fine anyways. Your preference really just hangs on which one you hear first, not which one is "better".

That's kind of how sub-dub relations work. For example, the first time I heard Renji talk in the dubbed version, it felt like nails clawing on a chalkboard, relentlessly tearing away the folds of my cerebrum. You just become accustomed to the voices in one version, and thus the other version seems so foreign (no pun intended). The same goes for FMA for me- I saw the dubbed version first, and though I don't mind the Japanese voices, I'm more used to the dubbed ones and thus prefer them.

meol, I'd say subbed just for the authenticity of it, but whatever one you hear first sounds fine anyways. Your preference really just hangs on which one you hear first, not which one is "better".

oh and have you ever seen a subbed DBZ after youve seen it Dubbed? Gokus voice just killed it... sounds like a friggin reatrded cat who picked up the words KAMEHAMEHA from a tape player