@@My problem.. what to do? What to do? ~~Problem Solved~~

Taito2004

Well, I gave the guy 2m back. To me, it felt too much like scamming, even though technically it wasn't.

I asked him if he wanted to un-do the trade, and he said he only did it so he didn't feel like a jerk.. but it was making me feel like a jerk. When I offered to undo it, the guy didn't believe me at first. Once I'de done it, he was over the moon, and couldn't believe that I was actually nice enough to give him it back because it was unfair.

Well I'm really not happy about loosing 2m, but then, i'm glad I gave it back, because when all came to all, he didn't really want to do the trade, and only did it to make me feel better. This shows that there are actually people that care about other's in the game, and aren't just out for themselves - reason enough for him to have it back IMO.

What do you think? Did I do the right thing? Oooh, also, I'm gonna start going to KQ again tomorrow.. Karma Pl0x!

(Origional Post Below.)

-----------------------

Well, recently, a friend of mine (I know him mainly through a good friend of mine, and we don't overly talk or interact that much), decided he wanted a Dragon Hally, and set out on completeing the regicide quest.

He decided mid-quest, that he wanted to trade his whip, for a Dragon Hally. Me, seing a great deal, said I would trade. Now during this time, I was (and still are) working on construction, and running low on funds. Thinking at the end of the day, I was going to be getting another whip, I sold the one I had, giving me 2.4M Cash.

However, the guy, after completing the quest, decides that, although he really wants a Hally, he dosen't want to trade his whip for it. I was pretty upset at this as I'de already sold my whip, and spent a good chunk of the money (no where near enough left to buy another one back), and I made my opinions well known.

The guy, in tern felt sorry for me, and completed the trade just as he had promised in the first place.

Not the problem is, I know he was getting a really rough deal here. I would have been happy to do it origionally, but seing as though he only did it because he felt sorry for me, I feel kinda guilty.

What should I do? Should I keep the whip, or give him it back?? My own combat skills and gain, vs. someone else's loss.

Another thing I was thinking of doing, was giving him the first whip drop I get when I reach 85 slayer. (IF he's still on my friend list, and playing.)

What do you people think I should dooo??

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

undo the trade duh...he finds out he got ripped off there goes your friendship. Friend and short funds or personal gain, guilt, and no friend? take your choice mate.

Okay. I'll just make this clear. He's on my friend list, but I dont know him, and he's only been there for a week or two, just because he wanted to add me (he's a friend of a friend).

Also, I think he know's he's lost a lot of money by doing the trade..

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

well you should give it back, but hes the one who said he was going to give it to you, giving you the idea it would be fine to sell your whip for the cash, it is kinda his fault of your loss if you trade him back, there for he will feel guilty :wall:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

well you should give it back, but hes the one who said he was going to give it to you, giving you the idea it would be fine to sell your whip for the cash, it is kinda his fault of your loss if you trade him back, there for he will feel guilty :wall:

Exactly why he traded, cause he felt guilty...

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Well to be fair what's done is done. If he didn't want to do it, he shouldn't have. If I was in your position however, I would have to give it back lol I can't deal with a doubting conscience.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

you basicly scammed the fello, i mean he didn't know the price and all that so that means he isn't that good a player meaning that a whip is alot of money for him, so basicly you jsut robbed him of all his money, think if that happened to you :shame:

legends2.jpg

you basicly scammed the fello, i mean he didn't know the price and all that so that means he isn't that good a player meaning that a whip is alot of money for him, so basicly you jsut robbed him of all his money, think if that happened to you :shame:

Where did I say he didn't know the price? I'm pretty sure he did.

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Guilt tripping him into making a stupid trade because you were so eager to make a load of money off him is very unfair imo. Reverse the trade.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

you have 93 fletching and u cant make enough money for a whip..thats just sad..sell the whip..use the money for supplies and buy him two

Lol, are you a complete idiot? He said he sold HIS whip, becuse he was expecting to get another. And just because someone has a high stat doesn't mean he's rich, besides, on it's own, flecthing isn't a great way to make money. Think before you post please, kthnxbai. :shame:

I myself would keep it, I have people on my list just like him, a friend of a friend that asks for you to add him for some reason, you don't talk to him for the week or two that he's on your friendslist. I'd keep it, but can't really help you decide on weather or not you want to.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

you sound like a jerk...you knew in the first place yo uwere ripping him off but then when he doesnt want to make the unfair trade you "guilt him in to it"?

undo the trade, its the polite way to solve this. Take the loss of cash as a lesson learned.

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

you sound like a jerk...you knew in the first place yo uwere ripping him off but then when he doesnt want to make the unfair trade you "guilt him in to it"?

undo the trade, its the polite way to solve this. Take the loss of cash as a lesson learned.

I didnt actually mean too lol, he just asked why i was annoyed, and I said about me already selling MY whip, because I was expecting the trade.

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

People always rip people off, every single merchant has ripped someone off and no one complains about them.

If you are eaten up enough inside to post this then you should return it. Technically you haven't broken any rules but the decent thing to do would be to return the whip. He sounds like a nice guy that you semi-unintentionally (at least at one point) took advantage of. If the guy is decent enough to sell himself THAT short over a promise then he sounds like somebody that you will want to keep on your list.

Since you both made a mistake perhaps a 50/50 split would seem fair in his eyes? I would give it back but if he feels thats more fair then do that instead. Heck, you guys could help each other raise some cash or something if you become good friends over this. :)

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

umm, tough one dude, you have to do something before he finds out how badly ripped he got...

Personally I would just tell him that you were being greedy earlier and are willing to pay the difference back, give a lower price, but pay him something, or offer to buy something of his for a way too high price, and like you did, he'll probably go for it straight away...then you're kinda even. In the end if you don't do something, he's going to tell your good friend, who will start spamming you until you trade back or something, so you might lose 2 friends if you don't do something.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

You return the whip and let him keep the Dragon Halabred

Congratulations you just advance an honesty level. You are now level 10 honesty.

sorry just like to do that now. but u get the idea of what to do. Although don't let him keep the hally. Just added that for fun.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198