Making friend with a motive

noobnoob

Many low lvl just love to make friend with higher lvl and mods.

Is this form of friendship covered with a 'motive' behind it ?

Your views ?

bikini+boybo.png

Buying runite ore 11.6k and runite bar 13.6k

A 100% f2p who believe in hard work and not begging

I constantly get low levels coming up to me, talking for a good 2 or 3 minutes and saying "friends list plz?" or something to that effect. 99% of the time I say no and they walk of. So, the short answer to your question is YES... or perhaps they just want to brag to their friends... "I have a 126 friend!! haha."

Slayer500 / 23M+ Prayer XP / 126 Combat in Spring '06

I'm sure there's some motive behind it. I was in a bank for awhile, then took out my blue phat and wore it, and after the initial swarm of people asking questions subsided, I had two people wanting to be my friends.

Each situation has different motives, but I'm sure in a lot of cases there is a motive. In that case they just assumed from having the hats I have that I'm an experienced player, so they probably would want to ask me a lot of questions.

In the case of a player mod they might want him/her as a friend because they seem to stand out with the crown as being 'above' regular players to them, and want to talk more with them. Just my guesses.

yup. it has a motive. around 9 times a day i get pm'd from people who have been to my house and decided to add me to their freinds list for the SOLE purpoise of demanding i go to my house on demand so they can use my portals >_

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

another reason is so they can brag about having a high level on their list either to a friend in real life who also plays, a friend on rs, or to some random person who doesn't really care-they use it in an argument, as if it makes them better "i got a lvl 120 on my friends!!!"

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

to this i would also like to add those who are rich. when i wear my p-hat whilst ranging, or the like, i get heaps of lower levels saying, "friends ronaldo" and things like that, i mean, its so obvious that all they want is fr33 st00fs as you say

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

I never add someone if they just randomly come up to me and ask to be friends, only people who I've been talking to in the area awhile :P

+1

Try walkin through lumy with full tribal on in world 15/16, the ignore list became my best friend \'

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

I make friends with lots of lvl 100+ friends while standing in Edgeville. It starts with hanging out, then dancing.

But I do it just to make friends. I have the right personality to make friends online, heck, I think I have too many friends.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

If a low level player want to be your friend, and yourself are a high leveled player, the low leveled player just want the high leveled players stuff in 95% of the cases.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

i've been asked a lot of times, mostly by lower levels, to be friends with them and it's ok, no harm with being a friend to someone right? then we talk, i help him/her with quests, tell where to train and the prices of stuff so i thought "well i'll be..wow not a noob. there's still a newbie in rs." then after a few days he/she'll ask for money becos she needs to buy a black g. it's just so disappointing. in some instances, it gets a lil creepy when they start telling you that you're their idol :ohnoes:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS