Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

abyssalreaper

I can't wait to get this game. I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy, especcialy FF7 (The story line has to be one of the best of the series). Vincents also one of my favorite characters and I can't wait to be able to play as him. The theme song for it owns to. Anyone else here plays it or is getting it?

Proud Acolyte of the Ooc

Cmon Steve you can do it!

userbaracolyteau6.png

userredkbglz3.png

Is this the one coming out for PSP or something?

read: can you explain a bit more?

http://www.dirgeofcerberus.net/

Three years after Final Fantasy VII, a mysterious group suddenly surfaces to raid a town. They are a group of soldiers known as the Deep Ground Soldiers (DG Soldiers), created by the late President Shin-Ra, and trapped under Midgar due to the Meteor Crisis.

An optional character of the original game, Vincent Valentine, personally has some connection with this series of events, but the reason is unknown. What awoke in the underground in these three years? And what is the tragedy that is beginning? When the world is engulfed by darkness, his handgun will play the dirge...

official36.jpg

official40.jpg

Dirge of Cerberus has been described as a "Shooter RPG", combining both RPG and Third-Person Shooter styles. Kitase decided on this style because he's a fan of action gun games, and decided to go with that particular style for Dirge of Cerberus. Despite this, there are still going to be RPG characteristic (such as a strong focus on storyline) because creating a simple shooter game was boring to design.

The basic gameplay, however, is styled after typical third person shooters. In previews, we've seen Vincent use a variety of guns, including Cerberus, a sniper rifle, and something that resembles a rapid firing machine gun. Also, his "claw" can be used as a melee type weapon to attack opponents.

I've heard and seen previews of this before. Looks to be good. I'll probably buy it.

knkcopy.jpg

I love final fantasy 7, I tried 10 and got bored very quickly. However, I used to play this game when I was quite a bit younger and decided to give all the characters names of my own, a few included Fat Boy, Rahhhhh and Poop Poop. What was I thinking... But yeah I only found out a couple of weeks ago that the main character is actually called Cloud. Nevertheless, if it's out on PS2, then I'm on it.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

Honestly, I can't wait to play Dirge but i'm also pretty excited about Crisis Core coming for PSP. You mainly get to play as Zack in CC =D>

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Already here, and I have beaten the game :P Preatty good storywise, but i guess its ok for an attempt at making a Fps for Square Enix.

I just realized that was extreamly quick, I got the game on Wensday, and i beat it last night!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I wonder if it will come out on the Xbox... :P

But I saw some ads for it, and it kinda makes me want my PS2 back. The game just looks all around like a rad time, playing as Vincent, and that music...oh well guess I can just go back to playing Halo now (jk)

pcingbs6.jpg

Goals: 80/80 Range, 75/90 Strength, 77/85 Attack, 64/76 Fishing and crafting 31k natures (o.O)

My boyfriend has it. He LOVES it. He's a big Final Fantasy fan as well. I'd really like to play it.

How come i never knew this before :evil:

Get him on IRC!

Lol. I'll ask him when he has some free time. :P

3898000bYVcx.png

My boyfriend has it. He LOVES it. He's a big Final Fantasy fan as well. I'd really like to play it.

How come i never knew this before :evil:

Get him on IRC!

Lol. I'll ask him when he has some free time. :P

3898000bYVcx.png

I will probley buy it when it gets cheaper. Funny I never had the origenal ff7 maybe i should get it first.

Yea you might want to do that, you'll be lost, and you wouldn't get to enjoy the storyline if you don't. Ill probably have to end up buying a PS2 because of this, FF7 taught me to read, as well as still being my favorite game.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Just to let you all know i never palyed FF7 (i got it a month ago, but have yet to play it) but ive read up on the basic story line, and watched the movie, and i got some of the stuff... most of it though, is preatty complicated

OT, im probably not the same lion?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I've been tracking this games for months (way back even before they released FF:AC in JAPAN!)

From what I've seen so far, it's really a game for the FF7 fans and not for someone looking for a straightforward action packed shooter because of the numorous amounts of pauses for the story to progress.

There's also some problems with the double-jump because it was added into the game at the last minute when it was brought over from Japan.

Too bad I'm too lazy to go buy it (not to mention my sever lack of chash)

I haven't seen the commercial for it yet, is it any good?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Got the Jap version of the Game afew days after it was released there.

I've completed it in 2 days :P

Does the English version also has Gackt's song in it?

812569705b20e3cf93654d3f5d8730e6.gif

Stunner is in the house! Make some noise please?

Just to let you all know i never palyed FF7 (i got it a month ago, but have yet to play it) but ive read up on the basic story line, and watched the movie, and i got some of the stuff... most of it though, is preatty complicated

OT, im probably not the same lion?

Even though the movie has very little to do with the game. :uhh:

I saw the movie, played about a third of the game and now i'm waiting for this to come out.

I've got a copy of FFVII though, i'm just stuck trying to find Sephiroth. :cry:

knkcopy.jpg

I need some help from you FF fanatics :)

I'm planning to give a good friend of mine an FF game as a gift. My problem is that I have no idea whatsoever about any FF game as I've never played any myself.

Can someone recommend a cute FF game to a newbie? The only game I know she played on her PS2 is a Rayman game.

I'm planning to give a good friend of mine an FF game as a gift. My problem is that I have no idea whatsoever about any FF game as I've never played any myself.

Can someone recommend a cute FF game to a newbie? The only game I know she played on her PS2 is a Rayman game.

FF 10. Good story line, fairly god characters, and the battle system is fairly easy (although the sphere grid might be a little overwhelming.), its a good one for a FF newbi to start out on (plus why didnt you ask me this in IRC)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

FF 10. Good story line, fairly god characters, and the battle system is fairly easy (although the sphere grid might be a little overwhelming.), its a good one for a FF newbi to start out on (plus why didnt you ask me this in IRC)

We have IRC now?

And yes i'd recommend FF10. It's got the easiest combat system, none of this ATB gauge, it's turn-based.

knkcopy.jpg

Since Lion isn't on IRC again, I'll just post here.

We already talked about this yesterday, but I just want to make it clear. If FFX isn't available in most stores and there's only FFX-2, would she have trouble playing that? Is the gameplay for X-2 newbie-friendly too? I don't want her having a hard time while playing this game.