Stormrage Tips - Number 4

Ts_Stormrage

so this is good if:

you spec with it take it off or spec again(two specs=20%???)and then take a whip to it?can u switch weaps?

1) Darklight special. ============== Special 50%

2) DDS special x 2 =============== Special 0%

3) Wait 5/4 minutes (whip time)======= Special 25%

4) DDS special ================= Special 0%

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4, 3 times.

6) Wait 5/2 minutes (whip time)======= Special 50%

7) Darklight special ============== Special 0%

8) Repeat.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting idea. I just tried this on Abyssal Demons. My results weren't stunning but were noticeable. I probably won't bring it with me to demons again, but lower level players (I'm 122) may find it worthwhile. I used to use excalibur for the free defense bonus (especially when monsters attacked with mage bloodvelds, infernal mages etc), but no longer do so.

It's all a tradeoff between time and extra clicks. I'm sure each player will make the decision that best suits his/her needs, but it is always great to have as many weapons as possible in your arsenal.

You can get the Darklight / Silverlight back from Sir Prysin in Varrock Castle (groundfloor).

The Darklight spec uses 50% bar. This causes a 5% drain on normal creatures, and 10% drain on all demons. Their Attack, Strength AND Defense are lowered by this percentage. So you take less damage, and inflict more.

I recommend you use the Darklight on the more powerfull demons, since it is a sure thign to take effect. The DDS is good when you hit often anyways.

You should test it out yourself to see which is better, but generally taking less damage while still doing more damage, is better then just doing more damage.

1 Darklight spec = 2 DDS specs.

In 2 DDS specs, you do an extra 72 damage MAXIMUM.

The Darklight spec lasts roughly 5-10 minutes, depending on your monster's level. Let's say on average the Darklight spec lets you hit 1 more than usual, every 4 hits. In 10 minutes, you will hit approximately 200 times. That's 50 additional damage. This is a very CONSERVATIVE estimate. In addition you will recieve less damage.

Darklight > DDS when you're facing a high-level monster.

Yeah, i said that :)

Basicly the best way to use darklight spec is that you can spec each monster once. If you dont kill em fast enough, perhaps add a dds spec right after if your spec regeneration time allows it (because your monster isnt dead yet)

And yes, guthans is ofcourse better :) but it doesnt mean you cant brnig along the dds as well :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So best would be darklight spec (50%) to weaken monster, followed by two dds spec (25% each = total 100%) to damage and poison followed by best weapon against high level monsters to drop in minimum time. If you're going to this much trouble you're probably potted as well as using the new prayers plus the appropriate protect prayer. :thumbsup:

--

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ah0NkYbZNiE

Heather Alexander's "March of Cambreadth"

'How Many of Them Can We Make Die?' :ohnoes:

It has been a while since my last Tip. So time for another one.

For reference sake, heres a list of my older tips:

Cheap and Fast Log to Planks

Shortcut to Pestcontrol

Darklight highlighted

Having spent 3 weeks in that horrid place, I found the best tactic to use it (duh).

What are you after in that place? Thieving xp, or the Pharaoh's Sceptre.

This tip is mainly meant for those going after the Sceptre.

No need for anti-poison, food, or anything else. More room for the spoils :)

I suggest wearing the best possible Prayer boosting items possible:

Full Proselyte

Zammy Book and Symbol

Firecape if you have one

White knight boots and gloves

And a good weapon (I suggest DDS) to kill Scarabs with.

Play the game as you normally would when going for the Sceptre (aka, Golden Chest, Sarcophagus, and then on to the next level, and repeat, the urns dont give squat).

Play on High Detail, and listen for the sound. You can then hear the Scarabs coming. Turn protection from melee on, and voila, THEY WILL NOT POISON YOU.

You can pretty much run from the mummy.

This way you will get little to no damage, and with high enough prayer level, you can last long enough in there to fill your inventory up.

When your inventory is full (bring a knife, waterskin and a set of desert wear for the short walks outside of the cities), go not through the gate, but use the secret exit on the western wall.

Either make your way to that Simpleton guy and sell your stuff, or bank it right away in Nardah (short walk to the north west). But ALWAYS go to Nardah to recharge your Prayer, and coincidently, your HITPOINTS (hey +10% too).

This means you can do Pyramid Plunder in search for the Sceptre AT ZERO COST.

Hope this helped once more.

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So best would be darklight spec (50%) to weaken monster, followed by two dds spec (25% each = total 100%) to damage and poison followed by best weapon against high level monsters to drop in minimum time. If you're going to this much trouble you're probably potted as well as using the new prayers plus the appropriate protect prayer. :thumbsup:

--

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ah0NkYbZNiE

Heather Alexander's "March of Cambreadth"

'How Many of Them Can We Make Die?' :ohnoes:

Actually...

The best way to kill them is to use just enough of your spec bar so that when you kill the creature, it is back to 100% spec...

This allows for atleast 1 Darklight spec on every critter.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

bump.gif

sorry :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

take much money and much logs to your house, and let your butler/maid/cook/beggar unnote them and plank them...

Yes, and pay 300gp per oak plank instead of 250gp...

The way I laid out is cheaper then that, yet still faster then running back and forth to varrock... and immediatly lets you use the planks for xp.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Well, my expirience is that my tips quite often spark some discussions :)

btw, I did include in my tip that it was best for those going after sceptre ;)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

You know what? This post is completely pointless... I've got to see if your other tips are just as pointless as this one...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

This only saves like a few seconds. A few seconds means a lot when you are crafting nats or somthing, because you've got to do the same thing over and over and those seconds add up, but travel time matters little when you're just going somewhere that you're going to stay in for hours.

Or, glory to Al'Kharid, then go to shantay pass. Talk to Shantay, ask him what the place is, then talk to him again, tell him you are a bandit or w/e. You get thrown in jail, he charges you 5gp, you deny, then he says it again, deny. You get teleported to the jail in Port Sarim. Then run outside and to the docks.

roflmaoiahsdwabbqgoiaywc!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

^^noone will ever now what that means muhahahahahmuhamahahahah

...well anyways just walk its so much better than using a glory charge

hmmm... ok lets walk from cws to pest control

I just merged these four threads into one so the replies are going to be out of synch. They go in order of time/date posted so they mix a little. Feel free to edit it so it looks better and keep it updated with any more tips that you think up. :D

Thanks,

-RAHK-

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!