Steve's Guide of Slaying Green Dragons [38 Wild]

slimysteve

Very nice Guide :thumbsup:

If I were to use the "Melleing with Cash" method and happened to die I assume I would keep the Whip, Glory and Gloves? However which is more useful, a Beserker or Warrior Helm (for Def) or the RFD Gloves (for Offence)

Oh and I see you are from NZ, me too (Welly) \'

You forgot the prayer protect item, that would save whip, glory, gloves, and fremmy helm :P

If you had to make a choice go with the helm and wear worse barrows gloves (like the black ones)

Haha, im from welly as well \'

Doing NCEA level 1 :( \

Nazgul - i'll add that, sounds good :P

FuBai - I read that on Tipit forums, it might not be correct, someone confirm?

Bookrhino - thats a great idea, added ::'

Thanks...

I'm doing NCEA Lvl 1 too lol, I'm gonna need to stop playing RS for a wee while soon :cry:

Don't tell me you go to the same school as me :P

Yeah, mock exams at the moment

My guess = You go to Wellington Coll?

Me = St Pats Town

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide i might try that one day, although i wouldent bring a glory but a power ammy or better and like you said but use tele tablet to lumby, recharge pray (if needed) and bank

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Wow.

I never thought about using canoes to kill the greens there.

Great guide. I especially like the tip about escaping from p'kers through the KBD lair.

But I would think veracs to be better than initiate. If you use rune gloves and no glory, then you'd protect veracs helm, body, legs, and whip. Also, with this setup you would use teletabs to lumby. There happens to be a prayer alter right in your path to the canoe. So you have better melee def than rune, better mage def than rune and initiate (but not d'hide), a great prayer bonus, and an alter in a convenient place.

blurredsigla2.jpg

Very nice Guide :thumbsup:

If I were to use the "Melleing with Cash" method and happened to die I assume I would keep the Whip, Glory and Gloves? However which is more useful, a Beserker or Warrior Helm (for Def) or the RFD Gloves (for Offence)

Oh and I see you are from NZ, me too (Welly) \'

You forgot the prayer protect item, that would save whip, glory, gloves, and fremmy helm :P

If you had to make a choice go with the helm and wear worse barrows gloves (like the black ones)

Haha, im from welly as well \'

Doing NCEA level 1 :( \

Nazgul - i'll add that, sounds good :P

FuBai - I read that on Tipit forums, it might not be correct, someone confirm?

Bookrhino - thats a great idea, added ::'

Thanks...

I'm doing NCEA Lvl 1 too lol, I'm gonna need to stop playing RS for a wee while soon :cry:

Don't tell me you go to the same school as me :P

Yeah, mock exams at the moment

My guess = You go to Wellington Coll?

Me = St Pats Town

Yeah I go to Wellington Coll, dont you do McEvedy with us?

What's Pats like?

Thanks, i'll add in the Veracs, I currently don't own any of it so I can't get a picture, but i'll put a note in.

If you didn't have access to RFD Chest in Lumbridge, you could use a House tab, recharge prayer at altar and then use mounted glory to get back to Edgeville

Can you estimate how much I could make IBarraging the drags...

Possible 1M an hour? =D

I'm dreaming of killing 3 drags in 10 secs...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Can you estimate how much I could make IBarraging the drags...

Possible 1M an hour? =D

I'm dreaming of killing 3 drags in 10 secs...

its not multi + ud lose cash with the runes

Yeah. 2 spells would cost more than you'd get from the dragon. And dragons have high mage def.

blurredsigla2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
At Level 79 with 85 Hp, they are rather low level - but have rather great drops. These include..

As you can see, they have rather average drops - but these include

::'

Nice guide :thumbsup:

I kill the ones northeast of varrock on my range pure, but there are to many pkers there! It's just not worth it..

redbullsigortiz.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Steve's Guide to Slaying Green Dragons [At ~38 Wild]

::'

1. Introduction

What are Green Dragons?

Why kill them.

Why this way.

2. Set up/Stats Required

Required/Recommended Stats.

Meleeing with cash.

Meleeing on a budget.

Meleeing with Initiate.

Using the Halberd.

Ranging the Dragons.

Maging the Dragons.

3. Getting there

4. Killing Dragons

What to keep and what to throw away

- All D-Hide or with bones?

When the worst happens..

5. FAQ

6. Other places to kill them

Green Dragons (as you're probably aware) are Dragons that are Green.

Green_Dragon.gif

Generally, they live in the Wilderness. Actually, they ALL live in the Wilderness, so danger comes with them. Please, please dont go into the Wilderness happily prancing to be squashed between a PK'er and a Dragon.

At Level 79 with 85 Hp, they are rather low level - but have rather great drops. These include..

P2P drops: Gold: 1-450.

100%: Dragon bones, Green dragonhide.

Weapon: Steel battleaxe, Mithril axe, Mithrill spear, Rune dagger, Rune javelin(5), Dragon spear

Armour: Steel platelegs, Steel platebody, Steel full helm, Mithril kiteshield, Mithril sq shield, Adamant full helm, Rune full helm

Runes/Arrows: Water(75), Fire(37), Nature(15), Laws(3)

Misc: Herb, Bass, Adamant ore, Uncut gems, Half key, Shield left half(dragon), Nature talisman, Clue scroll(lvl3)

Thanks Tip.It Bestiary

As you can see, they have rather average drops - but these include Green Dragonhide and Dragon Bones. But really, knowing they are Dragons and they are Green, you should already know this. They also drop Clue Scrolls, which are a great break as well as being a great suprise or let down :P

So basically, you kill them for their hides and bones. Sounds pretty brutal to me.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of guides about killing these. However, I use a rather different method which is less used than others. I kill the Dragons at Level 38 Wilderness below the Lava Maze.. During my killing, i've only ever seen two other people attacking them.

Therefore, being empty, PK'ers generally leave it alone. Which is a huge difference from the popular ones in the East. This method is also great because it is VERY VERY quick to get back to the Dragons. I clocked in 1 minute 37 seconds from picking up the last hide to killing the first dragon of my next load. You're back in no time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Quick-Fire Overview

Starting in Edgeville, make a waka and go into the Wilderness. Here, go North East and kill your fill. Once finished, run South to 30 Wild and teleport using Glory Amulet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Recommended Stats/Equipment.

I am level 108. So I cut through these guys like a knife through cheese. However, it is very possible at a much lower level. I recommed a combat level of at least 70. This might be wrong, because I havent been level 70 since 2004. If you do it lower than this, please post :P

For this method you also need 57 WoodCutting.

Before I begin, Never, ever forget your Dragonfire Shield, unless you have a deathwish.

Meleeing with Cash.

This is the most recommended way to kill the Dragons. If your lower level, try wearing rune legs instead of Dhide. It doesnt matter either way. I just dont own Rune Legs at the moment :P

Also note that less lobsters can be taken - I take all hides, not bones and hides.

Note: Rune axe not needed; any axe will do.

Greendragons3.png

Meleeing with a Budget.

This is for those who are yet to make it big. I recommend (its not in the picture) that you bring a Dragon Dagger P++, for its specials, poison and quickness if you're not that strong. It helps a LOT.

Greendragons4BadSetUp.png

Meleeing with Initiate/Proselyet

Needed - 43 Prayer.

(Picture coming)

This is basically the same as above except using Initiate Armour and Prayer. However, I do not recommend this, because the closest prayer altar is the Prayer Guild, which really cuts into run times.

You should use Initiate instead of Prayer Robes because simply the magic defence difference just doesnt make up the increased melee defence. I've learned from the KBD that a higher magic defence hardly makes a difference compared to a lower one for dragon fire.

Initiate also owns because if your prayer runs out, you can still fight them without them hitting you all the time. When I used Initiate, I just used it for 15% Prayers, not the actual protection ones. . Also, with prayer robes, you really have no defence at all. So when a PK'er comes, your dead.

This is also why I don't recommend this way. Initiate just doesnt have a magic defence bonus, which is essential, considering most PK'ers are mages. Also, if your about to die and your prayer is depleted, you really have no chance - so taking a prayer pot is a good idea.

Note: You can recharge prayer at the Zamorak Altar which is in level 37-38 Wild (Next to KBD Lair entrance). This means you dont need to walk all the way to the Prayer Guild -Rhino

Update: You can teleport to Lumbridge, use bank there, recharge prayer at the church and then go make a waka there.

Using the Halberd

A friend told me to include this - I am not totally sure this works. But anyway..

Greendragons6Hally.png

(Go bronze hally ::' )

Using Range

Greendragons5Range.png

Before you get ideas do NOT take Ranger Boots :P.

This is just a guide and change the set up to suit your range level.

I recommend something fast like darts and knives. These also have the bonus of being one handed, so you can where the Dragon Fire Shield. Win-win Situation here.

With Hallying and Ranging you'll have to use the safe spots throughout the area, unless you have a Dragonfire shield with ranging. These are easy to spot - good luck using this way. I dont totally recommend it.

Maging the Dragons

Just dont do it. You can try, but just dont.

3. Getting there

This is where this method really shines.

Starting in Edgeville, head to the Canoe Station on the other side of the River Lum.

Greendragons7Waka.png

Here, make a Waka (Meaning canoe in Maori) and choose the wilderness option.

Greendragons8Waka2.png

In a second you'll reach your destination - the Wilderness :o!

You get out next to a lake, and from here you head to the dragons.

Overview picture:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/ ... 1where.png

Close up general picture:

Greendragons1.png

Blatent picture:

Greendragons10therepic.png

Just follow the Line to the Dragons.

If you have >57 WoodCutting, then it is still possible to do this way, just slower. Walk up to 19 Wilderness above Edgeville (See World Map.) Activate the Obeliesk-thing (The name is escaping me) and keep activating until you appear in 38 Wild.

I do not recommend this at all. Your better off going to another spot.

4. Strategy

The slaughtering part of this is the easiest. Click, and wait. If you dont know how, go back to Tutorial Island. Anyway, Try to kill two or three dragons only. They generally reappear before you've made them all disappear.

While fighting these, not only will you get the hides and bones, but you commonly get other drops as well. I generally keep Nature Runes all the time, because i'm currently going low in stock. I also keep high level herbs - just take as you please.

You also have to make the choice of keeping Dragon Bones or burying them. I, personally, bury them, because I'm trying to get crafting up and I want to get more hides. I also want to get the Leo the Gravedigger event, to get the awesome 'Zombie Dance'. Its your choice- do what you want.

After you've completed this. run South East (To stop Hobgoblins attacking you) and teleport use glory.

You can use a lumbridge teleport if you dont want to lose glory. Simply use the RFD chest then go catch a canoe there

Evading Danger.

Seriously, here you should never, ever die unless you have a full load of green hides and are drunk. Jokes, but its very hard. At this position theres a lot of things you can do to evade danger if the worst happens - a freak pker comes.

Here I outline the major ways of saving yourself

Greendragons2.png

The quick run'tele.

Simply run down to level 30 wilderness and teleport using ectophial or glory.

The Sneaky HobGoblin

Run South to the Hobgoblin mine, and while the Hobgoblins attack you pull out your glory and tele.

The Tele Altar Wheel Of Fortune

This is an interesting one. Its very close, and could kill you or save you. If you're unlucky enough to be teleported to the level 50 one, run into the Chaos Elemental and hope the PK'er wont follow you. Its about a one in five chance that you'll be teleported to the level 19 version of this.

This way is fun :P, but can end in tears :(

KBD Lair

This is one of the best. Just run in with magic prayer (To stop the KBD's Magic Based attacks) on - no pker will follow you into the lair

Because theres no Wilderness in there, he cant attack you and you can tele. Just look out for the Dragon.

5. FAQ

Ask some Questions?

:uhh:

6. Other places to kill them.

Green dragons have to be the most common monster found throughout the wild. There are two~ good spots not including this one, except for the PK'er issue.

North East Wilderness Spot (20)

This is by far the most used.

Walk up from varrock, going past the hill giants.

Kill the dragons, then teleport back to Varrock. (Use Church to recharge prayer)

This place has a LOT of PK'ers. However, you shouldnt die much as it is on level 20 wild for a quick teleport.

Graveyard of Shadows Spot

greendragons12graveyardli2.png

This is a rather good way to kill them.

Using Ancient Magicks teleport up to there, it can be very quick.

The spell you need to use is Carrallanger Teleport (Level 84 - 2 Law, 2 Soul), which will teleport you to the Graveyard. After you have killed the Dragons, either use Glory to teleport out or any other teleport (It doesnt matter where you go - home tele tabs are good for this).

This method is quick, painless and safe-ish. You'll meet PK'ers, but you'll have the 20 Wild safety net. However, you will need Ancient Magicks, which is a pain.

Most of the other ways are not that great (Smilie removed) There is a bowl up from Edgeville, but its a bit of a death trap. Can be used effectivley, though.

Good luck on slaying (Smilie removed)

Thanks. ::'

Awesome guide, will try this out asap!

[POKEMAMA EDIT 10/30: The words AOW should not appear in Player made guide topic titles. slimysteve, please PM me about this. Until then this topic is locked.]

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

i personally use shark instead of lobs incase the drags roast me like 15 times in a row, but thats my overworrying self. I also carry a normal set of pots to making killing a little easier. still an awsome guide :thumbsup:

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

• 1 month later...
i might have missed it, but is there any quest needed to use the canoe?

No

ON TOPIC: Very nice guide, and I go with the lvl 20 is crowded with pkers. But it is 13 wilderness which means easy escapes. At lvl 30 wilderness I get sketchy, ice barrage and things like that. I hate losing my items. This should be AOW its got everything! :-s

Come on pokey wokey, its a very good guide, eh? Feeling that Xmas spirit yet? Not my decision but I can easily say that you tried ever so hard and I am pleased to read such a masterpiece of a genius. Good work soldier. And very pleased with this guide.

I killed green drags at about 65, with a rune hally at lvl 20 odd wildy, btween the graveyard and that one place (forget the name) also i never brought a dragon fire shield, and never suffered for it, except once, when i wasn't aware of the dragon.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• 2 weeks later...