R.I.P. Tupac

slushee

he was shot today 10 years ago and he will have died on the 13th :( R.I.P.

just trying to keep his memory alive

As if his momentous post-life releases aren't enough.

To be fair, we could have a R.I.P rememberance thread every day for a great person who died, so I can't see this going anywhere.

Heck, I just found out i'll die in around 60 years. Better get mine ready. :(

i have some spare time octobre the 10th

is that ok with you?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you saying someone whos famous cause he can say a bunch of words to a slow beat deserves as much recognition as someone who accomplished sometihng in life?

Now now, we may not all be fans of rap, but you cannot deny that, for some people, Tupac was an inspirational figure. People could relate to his music (unlike today's rappers). That's quite an accomplishment.

Yep he was awesome. I was accually listening to one of his songs when i saw this topic.

There are no suspects for the shooting.

That's what I've never got my head around. Pac was shot in Vegas. On the strip. In Vegas. After a Tyson fight. How in the smeg did no-one witness it?!

Skeptics say that he's either alive and well and the shooting was a fake, or the police wont investigate the situation - cause most likely someone saw something that could lead to who shot Pac. I really dont care, I'd fake my own death if I was him.

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

There are no suspects for the shooting.

That's what I've never got my head around. Pac was shot in Vegas. On the strip. In Vegas. After a Tyson fight. How in the smeg did no-one witness it?!

Someone did, and they smoked him too. :P

I dunno' if he's dead or alive. I believed he was alive until 7 years after he died. He was supposed to "come back" then, but didn't, so I said oh well, he's dead. It's been 10 years now and they're just releasing his music he already recorded and using a voice synthesizer to make songs with people like Eminem. Those songs mostly sucked, by the way, and Tupac never made a song that sucked. :lol:

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

are you saying someone whos famous cause he can say a bunch of words to a slow beat deserves as much recognition as someone who accomplished sometihng in life? :-k

He certainly made better music than the majority of people who "sing" a bunch of words to a "fast" beat. I'm not a big fan of rap but I admire him as a rap artist because he didn't just talk about big cars, money, drugs and "ho's".

Many of his songs have an anti-violence theme, aggressive anti-racism themes and he was not really a boasting type of guy (except towards some of his rivals like Notorious B.I.G.), I can clearly see why his lyrics are even studied at musical schools. Heck, from what I read in a magazine, he landed roles in his school's Shakespeare and Nutcracker plays. Not your typical 'cool gangsta'? I bet..

are you saying someone whos famous cause he can say a bunch of words to a slow beat deserves as much recognition as someone who accomplished sometihng in life? :-k

He certainly made better music than the majority of people who "sing" a bunch of words to a "fast" beat. I'm not a big fan of rap but I admire him as a rap artist because he didn't just talk about big cars, money, drugs and "ho's".

Many of his songs have an anti-violence theme, aggressive anti-racism themes and he was not really a boasting type of guy (except towards some of his rivals like Notorious B.I.G.), I can clearly see why his lyrics are even studied at musical schools. Heck, from what I read in a magazine, he landed roles in his school's Shakespeare and Nutcracker plays. Not your typical 'cool gangsta'? I bet..

Yea, if you ask someone who hates rap if they like Tupac, a lot of them will say "Yes." Why? Because he wasn't your typical rapper that rapped about inane stuff. A lot of his work had good messages in it. Some did not, but I believe he just did that stuff to make the record label happy...I mean, he was signed to Death Row...They signed gangsta rappers...lol.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Wasn't he charged with sexual assault? Didn't he shoot two cops because they were supposedly harassing him or something? He was a just a rapper, with lots of money. Inspirational? i don't think so, sorry.

Try comparing today's rappers with him. That's all I have to say on that matter.

The guy seemed like an inspirational intelligent person. I myself haven't listened to any of his songs but I definatley will try a few stuff now.

I read the whole 7 theory thing KnightLite posted and it's just too coincidential, the whole thing must have been planned. I've definatley changed my mind on his fate :P.

-Selbbub

6gefhqx.png

Cabbage owns, 'nuff said.

Wasn't he charged with sexual assault? Didn't he shoot two cops because they were supposedly harassing him or something? He was a just a rapper, with lots of money. Inspirational? i don't think so, sorry.

He was charged with sexual assault because the people he was with, whom he claimed he did not know, apparently sexually assaulted her while he was asleep, and she blamed him for it. The other two guys were unknown, so obviously he took the fall for it, and Tupac said he did not know them at all, he was just hanging out with them because they had the hook ups to get into certain clubs and whatnot. He was charged with "forcably touching the buttocks" (his words, not mine) and served some time for it.

A lot of his songs are inspirational, and he was also a big black rights movement type guy. He just hung out with the wrong people and ended up doing the wrong things. You fail to mention that he was beaten by two Police officers for Jay-Walking. He wasn't exactly a gangsta.

- Me!

he was shot today 10 years ago and he will have died on the 13th :( R.I.P.

just trying to keep his memory alive

As if his momentous post-life releases aren't enough.

To be fair, we could have a R.I.P rememberance thread every day for a great person who died, so I can't see this going anywhere.

Heck, I just found out i'll die in around 60 years. Better get mine ready. :(

Cadburys Egg:

Some of you may have remembered Cad, some of you might not, but such a great person Cad was. So great. Cad got mauled by a kitten. So unfortunate. Let's all bow our heads in silence...

Newbeh:

Wahts tihs posties aboutz. Setve Iwin Dieds likes sixteh yreas agos! Spamz.

Don't worry Cad, when you die (If there is somehow still a Tip.It in sixty years) There will be a lot of posts :P

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Even if you don't like rap, it is relatively ignorant to dismiss Tupac as nothing more than a fraud or non-artist. Even though he did sample songs and I don't like any of them, he still was a great inspiration to many people and was noted by his teachers as very gifted. Like another poster said, he chilled with the wrong people and ended up paying the price.

As for his death, I don't know. None of us truly know. Can we all stop speculating and leave the poor guy alone?

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I'm with Bubsa, how could no one see his shooting? :? You know how crazy that strip was. I always see shirts, pants, shoes, hats with the famous pic, him, looking up with a bandana. A LOT of people still like his music. Striker, alot of people like, litteraly would of killed for Tupac. I think that's pretty insperational. :|

are you saying someone whos famous cause he can say a bunch of words to a slow beat deserves as much recognition as someone who accomplished sometihng in life?

Now now, we may not all be fans of rap, but you cannot deny that, for some people, Tupac was an inspirational figure. People could relate to his music (unlike today's rappers). That's quite an accomplishment.

are you saying that the cops dont try to catch you ridin dirty? :shock:

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

are you saying that the cops dont try to catch you ridin dirty? :shock:

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA, you have no idea quite how funny I found that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tupac got 'shot' on my birthday o.O

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Hey guys guess what! i found out Elvis is alive he's just hiding in the rocky mountains allong with Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain!

plus last i heard is that Steve Irwin is there to!

really no offense.. but get over it, he's dead.

all your expressing now is hope, your just hoping he's still alive, but he isn't. <.<

edit: well he's only alive in one way and that is as Rafiki would have said: "he lives in you!"

signature_1.gif

Funny how i just pressed play (2Pac - Hit em up) And clicked off topic section and this topic was first what i saw -,-

RSN - Ur Enemy, lvl 120 - Back in action!:)

Oldest rsn: Obu86 lvl 100 :P ~Retired~

RS Since 2001

Hey guys guess what! i found out Elvis is alive he's just hiding in the rocky mountains allong with Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain!

all your expressing now is hope, your just hoping he's still alive, but he isn't. <.<

edit: well he's only alive in one way and that is as Rafiki would have said: "he lives in you!"

I hope hes still alive, so just when someone finds out and proves it i can laugh at everyone who thought he was dead... then ill go and shoot him myself..

Btw, Kurt Cobain died on my 4th B-day.

Lol I was going to say that :lol: And rofl at the ridin dirty thing :lol: