-Best thing found in general store-

crazyman

Yesterday in Varrock's General Store in World 1 I saw a Rune (t) skirt for something like 84.6k, but I didn't really want to spend money on it after losing my Wizard (g) Robes and Zamorak Kiteshield (yes, I'm f2p..) to some mysterious hacker, possibly a friend. <.<

Um Bong0 ::'

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like 1 bil pure ess in the karamja genny store. me and my clan bought them all and made millions! wonder why they were there...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 Bill you say? Let's do the math. Say you have 99 friends in your clan buying this ess. That's 2600 ess per trip (assuming you're all using Ardy Teleport). Each trip takes about 2 minutes. So after 385 THOUSAND trips, your clan bought all 1 bill pure ess.

So for 534 days your clan of 100 were buying pure ess at the Karamja store eh?

Next time you lie to be cute, don't use silly examples.

Best thing I found in the store, usually just gems and high level ore. Nothing of interest that I recall. Although when I'm training firemaking at the Lumby general store, it's really cool when you find yew logs in stock there.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

like 1 bil pure ess in the karamja genny store. me and my clan bought them all and made millions! wonder why they were there...

1 Bill you say? Let's do the math. Say you have 99 friends in your clan buying this ess. That's 2600 ess per trip (assuming you're all using Ardy Teleport). Each trip takes about 2 minutes. So after 385 THOUSAND trips, your clan bought all 1 bill pure ess.

Best thing I found in the store, usually just gems and high level ore. Nothing of interest that I recall. Although when I'm training firemaking at the Lumby general store, it's really cool when you find yew logs in stock there.

Ever consider he was EXAGGERATING! Too all those billion (no wait I cant say that to you. You'd take it literally!) maybe he meant 'a lot' or something. He said he made millions of gp not trillions.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

red p hat in rsc - wasnt general store thought it was a the part clothes store east of varrock

uh 1k maple logs and went and bought em all for cheap \'

If I remember correctly, there was always a spot for the red phat in the clothing store in Varrok, and occasionally one would be there.

Ever consider he was EXAGGERATING! Too all those billion (no wait I cant say that to you. You'd take it literally!) maybe he meant 'a lot' or something. He said he made millions of gp not trillions.

EXACTLY..obviously they weren't that smart though. :roll:

And probably hundreds of gems :o

Angelic_Whim.png

yew longs, a few gp ea?

I remember someone somwhere sold an ahrims staff to a general store.

Hey be nice to me I've been one of those people to sell an ahrim staff to a general store before...they're just a pain in the neck to sell and I didn't feel like changing magic just to alch 1 staff.

Anyway, my best find would of been about 2K chaos runes at the general store...since they're 14 each when one was in stock (I think at the time) that was a decent deal I figured on RSC =P.

captain_poet.png

... let's say there actually WAS 1bil in karamja genny, and your clan was 100, 200, 1000 people. highly unlikely but the fact you lied and told us you found 1 bil pure ess. that means each person would have to have 1mil pure ess each..... :shame:

And are pure ess stackable? I don't think so, but i dunno not so sure. If it isn't then 1mil/28 35,714 runs to bank > genny. :roll: PLEASE. :notalk:

back to rs, i guess. it's been 4 months.

RSN:P H Osho <- gonna start on him soon, fresh.

on my first day on rs (RSC) i bought a blue phat from the general store for 3gp.

then traded for full steel a week later

Your an idiot, stop trying to impress people; P-Hats would be 1gp not 3.

rofl caught out buddy.......and to all those people who said red p hat spawned in fancy dress shop omg i neva new that!!! (played rsc just after the chrismas santas were droped)

Join Pure Chaos best aussie based pure clan around, click my banner for link to our forums

purechaosza8.jpg

on my first day on rs (RSC) i bought a blue phat from the general store for 3gp.

rofl caught out buddy.......and to all those people who said red p hat spawned in fancy dress shop omg i neva new that!!! (played rsc just after the chrismas santas were droped)

well guys in actual fact the store buys the phats for 2gp, so yes they would be 3gp. so dont call people idiots unless you know what you're talking about :wink:

well guys in actual fact the store buys the phats for 2gp, so yes they would be 3gp. so dont call people idiots unless you know what you're talking about :wink:

Then it has been changed, it was certainly 1gp in RSC ;).

Which btw, would mean I'm still in the right.

I also find it more than slightly ironic the amount of people going OMOOGMGOMGOGMGO i liek g0t a p h4t l0lz.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

suuuuuure........ :roll:

Just what I was thinking...

If you had happened to find 1Billion Pure Ess then you would prolly make upwards of 50-75 Billion GP (maybe even up to like 99Billion, don't know how much it sells for)

Also what I was thinking. :roll:

I can believe that he found a ton of ess at the brimhaven general store, if that's where it was. Maybe not a bil, but sometimes people stock the general store with ess so nat runners don't have to worry about ess stealers, and it saves time when trading. And not like you could have bought it all lol.

Myself, I can't think of anything good I've found in a general store.

150 full sets of blue dhide armor. I bought about 115-120 of them from fally store about a year ago. They lasted in my bank until about 3 weeks ago. (Sold off gradually).

Shop price was well below the alch price (especially for bodies) and I figured about 10 mins was well worth the eventual 500k plus profit. (Actually ended up being 1.5 mill profit or so...)

Also add a zammy page 1. (Catherby) And a week before, I -just- missed rune boots (Cath as well) -- no cash on me at the time.

All in all, I've done rather well from general store offerings... Though high levels may find it a very inefficient way to train (it's not training at all), it can be fun if you tele back and forth between fally and varrock on a variety of f2p and p2p worlds. The occasional diamond in the rough is worth it. Time isn't so much a factor as bankspace... all the various loot (unided/ided herbs, ingreds, ores, seeds, raw materials in general) takes up space and must be used eventually.

I think a major reason I've skilled to the point I have is my packrat mentality for a week or so about a year ago -- when I decided to keep all my items I was accumulating, rather than sell for a quick profit... No way easier* to get 150 wines of zammys than from shops... same goes for over 750 other various ingredients/herbs. (* Assuming you're looking for that "diamond in the rough")

Sidenote:

One time late at night, I sold 6 pairs of ranger boots to the edgeville store - just- after it respawned, for a good laugh. Of course, I bought them back immediately before I had a chance to lose them. <----- Bet you wish you could've grabbed those, huh? (I -KNOW- others have teased fate like this before...anyone?)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?