How was school?

Guest XplsvBam

Guest XplsvBam

Does anyone like getting asked this question from a parent? I mean seriously.

"How was school son?"

"Well dad I was there for half my day already I don't really want to talk about it for the other half."

What do they expect you to say?

"Oh golly gee I did good on my chemistry test. Mrs. johnson said I'm a science wiz!"

"Thats swell son!"

You can talk about school with friends because, well lets face it you have something to talk about.

I have one question for you.

How was school?

I usually talk to my parents a little bit. I give them the info I want to give them but nothing more.. They don't need to know that much about what I did..

Usually I come home in a good mood because I force the bad out of my day and only remember the good.. Then when I talk to my parents I end up feeling depressed because they tend to find something bad in everything I find good..

Yeah. Parents don't seem to understand that after being at school for so long that you don't want to think about it anymore. I mean yeah, to them the day flies by, but in school you watch the clock second by second...

Hah, funny...while i was typing this my dad asked "Did you go to school?" "How do you feel?"

xD

My parents typically ask, "So what did you do in school today?". I just say nothing unless something good actually does happen. Then I may tell them.

@LP, I really think I would be homeless if I said that to my mom.

Here's the exact conversation I have with my mom after school everyday.

Mom: What did you do at school today?

Me: Nothing

Mom: Nothing? you can't be doing nothing all day, tell me what you did.

Me: I'm going to my room.

She knows I will always say nothing but she still asks everyday.

goldenblade995.png

School was pretty intense today. I had massive problem sets that I'm not finished with, due tomorrow. And I had three classes throughout the day and the professor was mumbling in the morning, and it was tough to pay attention!!

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

@LP, I really think I would be homeless if I said that to my mom.

As would I, my brother, and my sister.

Same...its just something u wouldn't do :shame:

Truth be told, I've got trapped. I'd catch up to my work, only to realize that i fall behind and once i catch up i'd fall behind again. So far it hasn't been bad due to flexible due dates, but I'd really wish to catch up and stay caught up ;)

andysigwhitemc.jpg

dude i got pked and lost my full zezima

I had an excruciatingly boring linear algebra class. I'm in second year, but I need to take this first year course so it's alot of stuff I don't need to be there for, with the odd thing slipped in so I can't just skip :(

summerpngwy6.jpg

What can you say? To say you had fun and rather be there than at home would be a lie. Who wants to spend nearly 7 hours a day in a series of small, packed rooms with 30+ other kids.

Well.. I can honestly say I'd rather stay in study hall then go home.. I love my study hall. Our teacher doesn't care what we do as long as we shut up for attendence. So we have a lot of fun.. Plus I get to hang out with the girl I asked to homecoming :thumbsup: and a bunch of my friends. ::'

I got that everyday after school. Even though my days were usually dreafully boring and annoying, I always said "Fine."

Hmm. :-k

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I had an exciting 2 hours Monday on the importance of font size and style for a memo format report! For the last time, its pronounced sans-serif! (Sawn) Not Sans! After 2 hours of Sans-Serif I thought I was going to kill somebody.

Although all that anger did help me stay awake for the first time.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

since i came out of the hospital my parents have been focusing on my school work way too much.

Mother: How was school?

Me: S*** as usual

Then when she asks again (i kno wierd she asks twice) i tell her

Mother: How was school?

Me: the teacher ignored me again eventhough he stood right behind me and saw my hand in the air >:(

Mother: Blaa blaa talk to the head of upper school

They are way too interested .. they even got me a maths, science and english tutor >:(

i am a paint noob

It's good to give them a bit of information, something mildly interesting happens every day at least. Perhaps try and tell them one thing that you learned today.

If they keep asking questions though, ask your parents how work was, or how the housekeeping was.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.