Gran Turismo HD

RebelAssassin

according to this article you will have to pay for every car and course aswell as buying the game seperatly.

and a few rumers have the pricing up at ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã217 or $350 to buy the entire game.

In other sony related news they will also be charging $1 per DEMO download.

You know those Kiosks in game stores where you can play games? Sony have had the great idea of charging you for this

Link

Sony will have 15,000 PS3 units installed in shop fronts throughout the world. Sony wants to have these connected via network and then used as promotional tools -- it's currently speaking with retailers about this.

Sony is considering having the retail kiosks used as arcade-style units, so people can pay 100 yen or so to play a game.

You know those Kiosks in game stores where you can play games? Sony have had the great idea of charging you for this

Link

Sony will have 15,000 PS3 units installed in shop fronts throughout the world. Sony wants to have these connected via network and then used as promotional tools -- it's currently speaking with retailers about this.

Sony is considering having the retail kiosks used as arcade-style units, so people can pay 100 yen or so to play a game.

Yeah read that too :lol: I'm hoping the ps3 bombs, just because of how they're trying to get so much money out of people. And probably will knowing the Sony fanboys :wall: Oh yeah plus the fact Ken whatever his name said Sony is about innovation or something which made me :roll: irl :lol:

I'm sick of these consoles to be honest.

I don't know why developers feel the need to try to get every last dollar out of us. I think it's stupid that the 360 and PS3 have multiple versions and I hate the fact you need to pay to get add-ons and updates for games.

The only console I'll be buying from this Gen is the Wii. If I want to do some serious gaming I'll do it on my PC.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

its just a rumor, its like how people said you wouldnt be able to own a game just use it

its created by poor immature idiots who cant afford a ps3 so they will bash it hoping it will fail

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

its just a rumor, its like how people said you wouldnt be able to own a game just use it

its created by poor immature idiots who cant afford a ps3 so they will bash it hoping it will fail

Let's hope it is... :(

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Yes, there is going to be a version in which you don't get anything, and have to purchase the cars and tracks. There will also be a version that is more expensive which is a starter pack, you start with about 30 cars and some tracks. You can then buy more as you want.

Either way it's still a rip off. Sony did just drop the price for the PS3 in Japan, and announced the core console and the full console would both have a HDMI interface for HDTVs. Those two good things don't nearly make up for everything thats wrong with it. The whole system is a rip-off.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

meh, gameshark will allow you to pay NOTHING and get everything if its true

and i dont trust unofficial sites for info, ign was the place where the ownership thing started

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

Becoming greedy? They most certainly already were. In any case, though I'm no Sony fanboy, I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy games. I'll wait until prices drop on the PS3 or until I find out whether or not FFXIII is any good, considering it appears they're butchering it into 3 games. Maybe they can pull it off, maybe not.

They're currently losing my vote very quickly, though. To force consumers to pay even more for the actual parts of the game? That's going a bit far, and this whole kiosk/arcade thing really bothers me, too. As if they're not already making enough money?

3dabstractbloodmourn7pu.gif

and i dont trust unofficial sites for info, ign was the place where the ownership thing started

Not if it's downloadable content ;)

even if its dl content it can be obtained for free, anything on the internet can be gotten for free if you know where to look and what to do

even if its dl content it can be obtained for free, anything on the internet can be gotten for free if you know where to look and what to do

I don't think it's quite so easy on a gaming console...

And anyways, it's not exactly something to "back up" sony with. Yay, you could always pirate them? :roll:

I don't think it's quite so easy on a gaming console...

And anyways, it's not exactly something to "back up" sony with. Yay, you could always pirate them? :roll:

And then you have to get it on the console by some means :P and ultimately it'll be more hassle than it's worth, when you should have gotten a Wii :)

It's as bad, if not worse, than the gameboy scam. You know, you'd have to buy the new gameboy for the new game, this is used in counsles too, except gameboys came out faster than counsles do, making it more effective.

There have been what, 2 major gameboy revisions since it's come out? (Color then Advance). I don't really see what you're getting at here...

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Viktorkrum77 wrote:

It's as bad, if not worse, than the gameboy scam. You know, you'd have to buy the new gameboy for the new game, this is used in counsles too, except gameboys came out faster than counsles do, making it more effective.

There have been what, 2 major gameboy revisions since it's come out? (Color then Advance). I don't really see what you're getting at here...

Color, advance, SP, and the new micro. As well as the 2 versions of DS also by Nintendo.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Viktorkrum77 wrote:

Color, advance, SP, and the new micro. As well as the 2 versions of DS also by Nintendo.

The SP didn't introduce a new format of game cartridges and the same with the micro, which means they aren't required to play that new gameboy advance game. The DS' use the same formats also... :P They really aren't gameboys though ;)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Viktorkrum77 wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. New technology means new consoles you can't play say, Oblivion on your NES can you? How are they ripping you off? They make new and better games and they need new and better consoles/handhelds to play them. I don't see how this can be compared to this. DSL and the SP don't have to be bought, they're just easier to hold because they're smaller and also have better lights/battery life.

all the content will have to be downloaded directly using the PS3 and unless you can transfer all files freely from the PS3 HD (which will be next to no chance) AND the downloadable content isnt locked to your "gamertag", to use the 360 term, then you might be able to do it.