Discuss Tip.It's stance here

Gohan_Dku_Leader

Well 3 years ago this forum was more popular than rsc :cry:

as time went by i guess you guys went downhill for the center for clans huh?

Well its not long before theres a new one, rsc keeps shutting their forums down.

Btw what happened to the top 20 list with like 100's of pages?

and why do i only got 160 post and not 1k like i used to :wink:

Anyways hmm things changed, these used to be my favorite forums but now seems empty.

hope you can rebuild on the clan part, and btw if this is considered spam. :-s

then i guess im introuble <.<

proud2bedku.png

and why do i only got 160 post and not 1k like i used to

Top 20 List was terribly outdated. I moved it elsewhere, but you're welcome to make a new one.

Some of your posts were probably cleaned to save server space (especially if they were from 3 years ago).

But don't worry, Tip.It will soon be moving up :)

Offline and unavailable.

I have been noticing the downhill of clan discussion on tip.it. But, before things can get better they have to get worse....usually.

Anyway, with all the new clans on the recruitment board, in a couple months there should be threads about those clans. To help tip.it out, I'll try & post every exciting event my clan has :D

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Well its not long before theres a new one, rsc keeps shutting their forums down.

and why do i only got 160 post and not 1k like i used to :wink:

Anyways hmm things changed, these used to be my favorite forums but now seems empty.

hope you can rebuild on the clan part, and btw if this is considered spam. :-s

then i guess im introuble <.<

It was even popular a year ago, but then they started banning the active members of the more popular clans and they went to RSC...what does tip.it expect?

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

It was even popular a year ago, but then they started banning the active members of the more popular clans and they went to RSC...what does tip.it expect?

99% of those people that were banned, are not any longer. Almost everyone clanies and others were given a 1 time "get out of jail free" card.

bubbleavvy6xx.jpg

Thank a certain fansite for slandering our Mods and turning people away from us.

Actually thank your administration for making several poor decisions. Such as promoting highly unpopular and proven biased moderators, and shutting CD down for two weeks. If you guys wanted to keep the people's support, then you should've actually cared what the people wanted.

However, you continue to blame us for your failures to keep the members satisfied. Pointing fingers will get you nowhere, especially when the world knows you're incorrect.

(Btw, slander is spoken. Libel is the word you're looking for.)

tifsbti6oi.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Lady, what is wanted is a forum that has the events 24/7.

Pk run ins etc posted there instantly and official war declarations being discussed here. Also the old time flames going on... Because that's what kept it interesting, the rivalries.

Those are missing from RSC as well nowadays. Maybe tip.it would manage to bring the passion back to clan rivalries?

You need the support of major clan leaders and I believe you can get that. RSC bribed people by giving moderator powers etc to key people in certain clans + of course you allowed Killerconvic and company go on flaming tip.it here openly. Mentioning tip.it at RSC gets you insta ban :P They are protecting their position strongly.

I really really hope to see tip.it gaining its old position as the main forum for clans. RSC is not real, period.

dimi2smallersc4.jpg

RS name Dimitrix

Leader of Clan Europe - secondary clan for all Europeans, ask permission from your main clan leader about joining.

Lady, what is wanted is a forum that has the events 24/7.

Pk run ins etc posted there instantly and official war declarations being discussed here. Also the old time flames going on... Because that's what kept it interesting, the rivalries.

Those are missing from RSC as well nowadays. Maybe tip.it would manage to bring the passion back to clan rivalries?

You need the support of major clan leaders and I believe you can get that. RSC bribed people by giving moderator powers etc to key people in certain clans + of course you allowed Killerconvic and company go on flaming tip.it here openly. Mentioning tip.it at RSC gets you insta ban :P They are protecting their position strongly.

I really really hope to see tip.it gaining its old position as the main forum for clans. RSC is not real, period.

You raised a lot of points there, and I'll try to address each of them.

We encourage Clan events to be posted on Tip.It, in the CD forum. If the community request a separate forum for PKing Run-Ins and Wars and whatnot, then we'll make it happen.

Yes, we do need the support of Clan Leaders, and we could work to include them more: Clan Leader forum or something to that affect? We will not compromise our professionalism or fairness however. Making Moderators of high-ranking Clan officials just to boost ourselves up shall not ever happen.

I don't know what happens on other fansites and I'm not going to use this post as an arena to create tension, but on Tip.It we allow users to voice their opinion. If there is something to your annoyance, then we'll work to improve and fix it. LadySarafina and I welcome new ideas in our inboxes. Feel free to send any ideas our way; we'll discuss them, maybe ask the community, before deciding for or against something.

We - the Staff - work for you: the community. If the overwhelming majority want something, then there is a good chance it'll happen.

Edit: Gave this a sticky. We need some more input methinks.

Offline and unavailable.

Well in all fairness i think this forum is beta for clan recruitment. Id admit RSC overall might be a bit beta than tip.it but i do think tip.it will overtake rsc.

Also has any1 ever noticed rsc break jagex rules? I mean u can sell sigs on there, theres even a forum for it called "graphics market place" you think jagex might of seen this b4. :shame:

As for clan discussion bits i dnt rly go on this forum so i couldnt tell, but i can see that tip.it as a whole is going upwards and will soon be the best if RSC doesnt buck its ideas up.

As they say wat goes down must come back up (Ino its actually the other way round but that wudnt make sense in this circumstance)

woodcutting.png<----Achieved on mages 8-) fletching.png

well I don't know how you would feel about this but if you wanto intice more clans to use this site more often perhaps you should allow for their own private fourm simmiler to a website. it would allow them to create their own mini fourm for their members and give diffrent controles such as make moderator, and delet posts. or at the very least a private thread for each clan leader so he can keep his men well informed without others posting like mad on it.

probaly will never happen for the reson of space and accountability. but I would like very much to see it happen.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

really is upto the leaders to bring it back here, it's abit late now to try fix it in all honesty.. though lately people have been complaining alot about the same things that ruined tipit's cd in the first place over at rsc and I did use these forums more often then rsc when it was actually active.

I think maybe it is upto you tipit staff to take the initiative and approach the clan leaders and ask them what they want from cd and how you can tailor them for them to use it more often. Goodluck!

The main problem with Tip.it is that you have no experienced clans that actively use Tipit. ALL of the good clans have moved over to RunescapeCommunity. I only use this for recruitment, and recently I have read a few things on clan discussion.

The main things you can do are, make Clans a seperate category, and move it right under Runescape Discussions. Also, appoint a few Clan Discussion specific mods to the clan forums.

Forum layout:

Clans (category)

-Clan Discussion

-Wars

-PK Run Ins

-Clan Recruitment

If you did this I can guarantee that more would use it. I doubt many clans would come back from RunescapeCommunity, but I'm sure a few would use Tipit more commonly.

If you want to discuss this with me more thoroughly add my MSN: [email protected]

RSN - Sirlaser [ Private Chat: ON ]

~~115/120 Combat~~

Leader of Exile [X]

>> Click to Enter EXILE <<

99% of those people that were banned, are not any longer. Almost everyone clanies and others were given a 1 time "get out of jail free" card.

Tbh you had your chance at having an active clan community board and you blew it with 1 mistake. I cant see anyway you are going to take anything away from RSC.

People want RSC btw, thats why they are there.

o

I'm really trying to help, as u can see, & in the last week or so I've seen more posts now. I think that Tip.It will be the dominent CD again. Tip.It's CD is recovering!

P.S. I'll be posting a video from my clan soon where we get three pk run-ins :) Maybe we met some of u all :shock:

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Just kind of an idea I thought of when I saw someone's sig about suggesting updates to this...

For the new clans out there (or for old, doesn't matter), the clan leader could make a "Banner Ad" about the size of the standard Advertisement seen at the top of each screen, or about the size of a Signature (which ever the moderators would like).

After making this ad, they can submit it to a pre-determined crew member(s), who could edit it into a loop of Clan Advertisements. In essence, it would allow the clans to advertise themselves with the rest of the advertisements.

Also, when making a new Clan, the person should be able to receive a rank shown near the Avatar that says "Clan X Leader" or "Clan X Co-Leader" or "Clan X Member" or those kind of things to identify what clan you're part of.

Just my 2 cents about that...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

darkblade986, if you go to "Profile" at the top of the page, you can list what clan you are in. We choose not to have a "rank" because of high turnovers, changing from member, to council, to co-leader and so on.

Also, about the 24/7 events, how would you all feel about a Clan Tip.it Events Team? I'll make a poll on this question, please vote/reply here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=3804869

bubbleavvy6xx.jpg

I think the close rivals there once were have been lost, because:

A) Runescape is much larger now.

B) Jagex's Pk system changed drmatically with RS2

C) RSC had offered more in the way of power for clans.

Tip.It needs to sput passion back into clans. Currently i am clanless, but i am working on 100cmb (Currently 2 levels away) to join KoFH. There a clan filled with old players who have fought for clans since they started.

Unfortunatley a lot of players today want nothing to do with clans. There used to be a legacy behind them and respect. TO get activitey i think these forums needs to be re-vamped. A top 20 list up-to-date, maybe clan of the month that could be held on the Tip.It site. With a link and an explanation to why they were chosen. Of course you need to give people the power to be able to do this, and someone with a good clan knowledge to pick a clan every month. Hold a competiton, but first ask around some clans to see of they can be added into it. Im sure a lot of the Crewbies and mods have a lot of contacts and can persuade clans in.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

well what would reely help is if tipit had an agreement with jagex to alow us to inform our clanmates of its existance, but thats anouther story all together. short of that I think lady sarafinas' new private clan fourm idea is great and should help a great deal with clan support.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

My obsevations (which may or may not be entirely accurate I admit):

1.) Tip.it was too strict back then for clans.

IE locking threads, banning certain outspoken clan people, etc.

2.) Some people with strong "influences" in the clan community was not amused with the situation.

3.) Rumours started to spread about tip.it having "keyloggers" on adds that appears when people go to the forums. Most of which were instigated by RSC users.

Im sure most of you remember this?

People posting threads here and there pointing things no one can really prove accusing tip.it of hosting keylogger adverts.

This was also probably a retaliation on RSC's user's behalf because of Tip.it's strong opposition to Swiftswitch, which was being hosted in RSC and Zybez.

Tip.it locked threads about SS and generally did not recognize it.

Most of the clan community uses SS and they felt it was a bad move on Tip.it's behalf.

4.) An unofficial "boycott" instigated by some people resulted in people starting to come over to RSC instead.

IE, people that were banned in tip.it persuaded others to avoid the forum.

5.) Whole clans start to leave.

6.) RSC made accomodations for these people.

7.) Jagex bans sig selling.

8.) Tip.it complies, and sig makers start to leave too.

9.) RSC "allowed" sig "selling" and those who previously worked here now currently resides in RSC.

10.) RSC SIGNIFICANTLY increased clan support within their forums and due to clans having nowhere else better to go to, are now firmly rooted in RSC.

Although, I would like to add that some people are starting to feel more and more infuriated with RSC's own management of clans.

Theres a lot of flaming in there now.

Frankly, I find it more peaceful without those types of people in here...

But thats me.

These are my views as an observer. I could be wrong so im telling you guys now.

EDIT:

I can't even mention SS cause it's censored...

Well don't warn/ban me... I thought you guys only wanted opinions.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.