:: tripsis :: 99 Woodcutting!

Do you sell artifacts, or just drop?

I drop all except for the gold artifacts (which I only pick up if I have free inventory space).

Nice. I got my sceptre going from 30-53 thieving.

By the way, what happens when you die with the sceptre with a full inventory of artifacts? I would have brought it with me, but too big of a risk.

Why would you die? :? If you bring food/anti poison you won't die at all. What's the risk?

do you gain money? and im lvl 59, should i wait until 61?

Yes, I would recommend waiting until 61. It's much better :) Yes, it is possible to get gp from Pyramid Plunder. You can sell the gold artifacts for about 1k each. And if you're lucky enough to get a Pharoah's Scepre, you can sell those to other players for 500k - 1m gp each :)

Well, once I attempted another run with only 20 hp, no food, no antis and died, oh and I had like 30 run energy. lol :oops:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Gratz for you :D

And big thanks to you! :D Lol :P

Do you sell artifacts, or just drop?

I drop all except for the gold artifacts (which I only pick up if I have free inventory space).

Nice. I got my sceptre going from 30-53 thieving.

By the way, what happens when you die with the sceptre with a full inventory of artifacts? I would have brought it with me, but too big of a risk.

Why would you die? :? If you bring food/anti poison you won't die at all. What's the risk?

do you gain money? and im lvl 59, should i wait until 61?

Yes, I would recommend waiting until 61. It's much better :) Yes, it is possible to get gp from Pyramid Plunder. You can sell the gold artifacts for about 1k each. And if you're lucky enough to get a Pharoah's Scepre, you can sell those to other players for 500k - 1m gp each :)

Well, once I attempted another run with only 20 hp, no food, no antis and died, oh and I had like 30 run energy. lol :oops:

Well that wasn't very smart :P Now we know:

Don't play another game of Pyramid Plunder unless you have at least 3/4 hit points, one anti poison pot and one shark :) Lol.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Guess it's about time I post here :oops:

Congratulations on 1800 :D And all your thieving levels :3>

If you have any questions, comments or concerns reguarding Pyramid Plunder, check out Dork Punker's in depth guide:

Pyramid Plunder Guide - Fastest Experience

:3> Lol :P

:3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3> :3>

And thanks :) :3>

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

.:: Daily Progress ::.

-12 October, 2oo6-

* 125k xp

-11 October, 2oo6-

* 200k xp

* Lvl 87

-10 October, 2oo6-

* 66k xp

-9 October, 2oo6-

* 180k xp

* Lvl 86

-8 October, 2oo6-

* 156k xp

---

.:: Random Rambles ::.

-12 October, 2oo6-

Well my thread was officially moved to the BlogScape forum, so I guess I now feel slightly pressured to write more than I actually have. So I guess I'll just write whatever's on my mind. I doubt anybody will seriously read it, but it makes me feel a bit better.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to making some major progress on my goal this weekend. I really hate thieving, and playing RS in general, during the week with school :? I really feel like I never get much done. And when I do, it's not enough to make a significant difference. But thankfully, by the end of this weekend I should be well into the 90s.

I'm also getting closer and closer to 73 farming (1m xp). For about a year now, it's been my goal to get 1m xp in each skill. Within a few short months (three or so), I got all skills except farming and slayer to 1m xp. Slayer is just boring to me. Mainly because I don't like combat, but on top of that, I hate being told where to train and what to train on. Farming, on the other hand, has grown on me a bit. Especially now that I've finally completed that Kingdom quest or whatever.

Well i read the random rambles, it's nice to know others thoughts as they train :). I don't often look in blogscape, but i'll still try to pop in to see your thread :P. If you want it to be moved back you can just ask someone, me and a few others i know have blog/goal threads in Goals and achievements, which is updated every couple of days. I feel the same as you - if it's in blogscape it's almost like you have to update it daily :S.

Good luck with the weekend, that will be a lot of exp to gain in a few days if you get into the high 90's :shock: .

And also good luck with 73 farming, the thing i find with farming is that up to level 50 its rubbish, then it just seems to get easier as the amount of exp for trees increases. And throne of miscellania quest really helps too :).

That's funny about your view on slayer, i quite like being told where to train; but i am very indecisive. I just don't (can't) train slayer because it's to do with combat :S.

I really feel like I never get much done. And when I do, it's not enough to make a significant difference.

100-200k thieving exp a day is a significant amount of thieving exp, its more than most of rs can get =D>.

Hope you don't mind such a long (and rambling) reply to your rambles :D.

Best of luck (once again) with thieving, i look forward to watching your exp shoot up on the weekend :)[/b]

And just a final note - I like your new sig and avvy :). It's cool how they always match ;). Although i was shocked when i first opened the thread, i thought you were someone else :oops: .

Congratulations with 1800 aswell =D>

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

Hi Tripsis,

I finally tried out the pyramid...gotta say it's pretty fast xp. I've done about 100k so far and have a couple questions.

Can you get sceptres out of anything? urns, coffin, sarrcauphagus? Haven't gotten one yet :(

Also, you've mentioned getting up to 150-250k/hour. Seems I've been averaging about 10-11k/trip...I think best was 12.5-13k (I'm lvl 86, so close to you), which is only 120-130k/hour. Still very good, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Bascially, I just rush through the rooms 1-3, get coffin in 4-5, check for snakes and get coffin in 6, everything in 7. Sometimes I run out of time in 7...maybe I'm just not getting there fast enough. Are the doors completely random?...have you noticed any pattern? Seems that's the most time-consuming (trying to find the right door). Also, in room 7, do you check urns for snakes first then loot, or just search them?

Thank you

Congrat on 1800

Hi Tripsis,

I finally tried out the pyramid...gotta say it's pretty fast xp. I've done about 100k so far and have a couple questions.

Can you get sceptres out of anything? urns, coffin, sarrcauphagus? Haven't gotten one yet :(

Also, you've mentioned getting up to 150-250k/hour. Seems I've been averaging about 10-11k/trip...I think best was 12.5-13k (I'm lvl 86, so close to you), which is only 120-130k/hour. Still very good, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Bascially, I just rush through the rooms 1-3, get coffin in 4-5, check for snakes and get coffin in 6, everything in 7. Sometimes I run out of time in 7...maybe I'm just not getting there fast enough. Are the doors completely random?...have you noticed any pattern? Seems that's the most time-consuming (trying to find the right door). Also, in room 7, do you check urns for snakes first then loot, or just search them?

Thank you

Congrat on 1800

I can answer your questions now. Only Golden Chests and Sarcophagi contain the Sceptre.

You should check the sarcophagi and chests in every room first (Check every room you have access to.) And in the last room, use the positions of the urns to your advantage to avoid the scarabs and mummies (or you could just kill the scarabs, they have about 20 hp.) Check as many as you can in the last room for your xp, you already have the chests and sarcophagi checked.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

.:: Daily Progress ::.

-12 October, 2oo6-

* 125k xp

-11 October, 2oo6-

* 200k xp

* Lvl 87

-10 October, 2oo6-

* 66k xp

-9 October, 2oo6-

* 180k xp

* Lvl 86

-8 October, 2oo6-

* 156k xp

---

.:: Random Rambles ::.

-12 October, 2oo6-

Well my thread was officially moved to the BlogScape forum, so I guess I now feel slightly pressured to write more than I actually have. So I guess I'll just write whatever's on my mind. I doubt anybody will seriously read it, but it makes me feel a bit better.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to making some major progress on my goal this weekend. I really hate thieving, and playing RS in general, during the week with school. I really feel like I never get much done. And when I do, it's not enough to make a significant difference. But thankfully, by the end of this weekend I should be well into the 90s.

I'm also getting closer and closer to 73 farming (1m xp). For about a year now, it's been my goal to get 1m xp in each skill. Within a few short months (three or so), I got all skills except farming and slayer to 1m xp. Slayer is just boring to me. Mainly because I don't like combat, but on top of that, I hate being told where to train and what to train on. Farming, on the other hand, has grown on me a bit. Especially now that I've finally completed that Kingdom quest or whatever.

Well i read the random rambles, it's nice to know others thoughts as they train. I don't often look in blogscape, but i'll still try to pop in to see your thread. If you want it to be moved back you can just ask someone, me and a few others i know have blog/goal threads in Goals and achievements, which is updated every couple of days. I feel the same as you - if it's in blogscape it's almost like you have to update it daily.

Wow you wrote even more than me :D I love long replies, they make me feel like what I wrote wasn't a complete waste of time, lol :oops: I guess I don't mind soo much about my thread being in Blogscape. But I have noticed that [so far at least,] it gets less attention here :P Oh well, I suppose that could be a good thing.. Less replies to distract me while I should be thieving, lol :P

That's funny about your view on slayer, i quite like being told where to train; but i am very indecisive. I just don't (can't) train slayer because it's to do with combat :S.

My reason for my view on slayer probably just has to do with my authority issue, lol. Same thing applies to art classes.. I love art but refuse to take classes because I hate being told what and how to draw. See what I mean? :oops:

100-200k thieving exp a day is a significant amount of thieving exp, its more than most of rs can get

I suppose you're right. I think I'm just so used to RCing, which is slow. So in the 1-2 hours I spent RCing, I'd only get like 20k xp, which actually isn't a huge difference (even though that does add up throughout the week). It's just a mind-set thing :roll:

And just a final note - I like your new sig and avvy . It's cool how they always match . Although i was shocked when i first opened the thread, i thought you were someone else .

Congratulations with 1800 aswell

Lol :D Thank you!! I'm very OC (obsessive compulsive) about my avatar and siggy matching :oops:

Anyway, thank you for the long, thoughtful reply.

---

Can you respond to my pm I sent to ya via TIF pm please?

Unless I'm just a noob who has no idea what she's doing, I don't have any PMs from you :oops: :?

Posted Image

Hi Tripsis,

Thank you

Congrat on 1800

I'll answer this as best I can :)

I see Serephurus has already answered your question about Sceptres, but I'd like to say something about the Sarcophagus.. It's really not worth searching at all. Not only does it not give thieving xp (it gives strength xp), it's just not worth your time.. It takes a while to do and it's better to finish the game early than to not finish at all.

As for xp per hour, it all depends on speed and having maximum energy. Naturally, there is some luck involved (such as the first door you search in each room being the correct one, and having good luck with not failing while searching the urns). The key to getting about 100k - 200k xp per hour is to finish before time is up, then leave the pyramid early. That way you're spending less than 5 minutes on each game.

For example:

I use 7 rooms and get about 15k xp per game (it's more like 14.5k or so, but lets round). Each game is 5 minutes so 60/5 = 12. Now 12 * 15k (xp per game) = 180k.

Now once we have that information, we know how much xp we would get if we completed each game and then waited for time to run out. Now once we factor in cases such as not completing the game, taking breaks and also finishing the game a minute early, which I do on numerous occasions.. We can come to the conclusion that I get, on average, 100k - 200k an hour or so :)

Now, the doors. I've come to find that the doors switch every few minutes. So if you finish the game early, then many of the doors will remain the same. But once they switch, the new door is random as best I can tell.

As for checking and searching/just searching.. I have a "two fail" policy. Overall, just searching the urns right away (without checking for snakes) is faster. But you tend to fail more often. I usually just search, but if I fail twice, then I search for snakes then check again. Unless you don't have much time left over in the game, there isn't really a significant difference. It's nice when you don't search for snakes and rarely fail, you finish a lot quicker.

Posted Image

Just got 88 thieving. The no lifing has officially begun, ladies and gentlemen.

picture18ed9.png

picture19wl9.png

I'm hoping to get 89 tonight (441k xp). Wish me luck!

Posted Image

I'm hoping to get 89 tonight (441k xp). Wish me luck!

Not hoping, you will :twisted:

Lol :oops:

Congrats on 88 :D :3>

Oh, right, of course :oops: Perhaps I should have stocked up on caffeinated drinks or something, lol.

Posted Image

88-89 In one night?

You are getting into no-lyfing :shock:

But who sais no-lyfing is bad :-$

The no lifing hasn't even begun, my friend. Tomorrow is when it really starts (since I have all day/all night). 88-89 is really only like 3 hours or so.

Posted Image

I got another sceptre earlier, just didn't post.

And just now I got 89 thieving, finally off to bed!

picture20iu2.png

Posted Image

I got another sceptre earlier, just didn't post.

And just now I got 89 thieving, finally off to bed!

picture20iu2.png

Room 1 is such an awesome place to level :):P Congraaaaaaaaaats :D:D 'Night :3>

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Congrats on 88 and 89 man, I thought it was funny that you posted the pic of Dork saying congrats with me running frantically toward you to say congrats, and then the one of me actually saying it :D and gosh dangit, stop getting so many sceptres! haha at least i got one last night with you, but seriously, you've gotten like 500 now :? guess you just have the luck hehe. ill see you on later today.

wow very impressive, once i get membership back im actually going to go for 99 theiving....

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

When you're there, then you have to check all urns and loot them to get to next room? And you can only be there 5 minutes, then repeat the first room, second and so on?

You don't have to search all the urns to move onto the next room. You can search/loot any urns/chests you want, or none at all. I search the chests in every room, then in room six I just check the urns for snakes, then in room seven I check the urns for snakes and search them.

If you have more questions you could try reading the guide I posted a link to on my first post.

Posted Image

you ownnnnnnn....thats all i gotta say lol.

good luck on 99 and awesome stats.

Lol thank you!! :D I appreciate it :)

110k xp to 90 :) Would be cool to get 91 today.

Posted Image