Whos a better drummer?

kle565

Me and a friend are argueing over whos a better drummer:

Joey Jordison (From SlipKnot)

Travis Barker (From Blink 182)

I personally think Joey is a much better drummer then travis I would really like to know what you guys think

Well, as seeing I hate both bands I decided to listen to a drum solo from both.

Joey: Actually a very good drummer. Don't know why he is playing with a band as abysmal as slipknot though.

Travis: From what I heard.. horrible. I could nearly do that if you give me a set of drums :? .

I dont really listen to Slipknot, so can't really tell who's better, but I think Barker, who now drums in the band +44, together with the bass-player from Blink 182, is pretty good. He doesn't really play amazingly difficult in most songs, but the drums mostly fit in the songs' rythm perfectly. But again, can't tell who's better

(Listening to 'Blink 182 - I Miss You' now, pretty nice drums, although its repeated the entire song)

getfirefoxmo6.gif

Well, as seeing I hate both bands I decided to listen to a drum solo from both.

Joey: Actually a very good drummer. Don't know why he is playing with a band as abysmal as slipknot though.

Travis: From what I heard.. horrible. I could nearly do that if you give me a set of drums :? .

Ahh no!! You're wrong, sorry Nad. :P

Joey, yes he is a very telented drummer, especially for his age.

But Travis Barker is an AMAZING drummer, right Lageris? Maybe not as good at drum solos, or obnoxious punk rock beats, but you should hear him on the snare drum. You cannot be in a DCI Snare Line and be talentless. He is very good at what he does.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

i agree with lageris.

but if i had to give soem pointers etc.

-Joey is amazingly good all around.

-Travis is killer on the snare, really fast.

but personally i preffer joey over travis. even though travis beats the hell outta his drum set.

moose67.png

Travis Barker and Joey Jordison are the most over-rated drummers of all time. Why don't you argue about real drummers instead?

Please stay out of this thread if all you're going to do is indirectly flame our decision to compare two drummers, regardless if they appeal to you or not.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Travis Barker and Joey Jordison are the most over-rated drummers of all time. Why don't you argue about real drummers instead?

Please stay out of this thread if all you're going to do is indirectly flame our decision to compare two drummers, regardless if they appeal to you or not.

Haha, then where would he go?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

We argued over the two drummers because they are in the our favourite bands (mine is SlipKnot) and his is Blink 182, I know they are much better drummers but our arguement only consisted of these drummers

Whether you like the bands or not, I don't care, but if you don't like them, don't bother coming back or you can just state your opinion otherwise like Nadril did.

Joey pwnz travis.. :| .. Heres some real good drummers to compare..

Jose pasillas ( incubus )

john dolmayan ( systen of a down )

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Why are you comparing these two drummers. They have their specialties, uniquely fitting each of them. Joey, is an insane person who if you give him a double kick he will go crazy on! And Travis Barker is very fast with his hands (not as fast on the feet).

But, if you really want to compare drummers. Compare with people that are like at the top. Like, Virgil Donati, Mike Portnoy, Danny Carrey, Chad Smith etc...

untitled2.jpg

NOT GIVING AWAY NEW ACCOUNT NAME.

Joey Jordinson, his style just has more of an appeal to me....

another question.. which of THESE drummers do you like better?

Danny Heifetz or Dale Crover?

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Nowhere.

Under a bridge.

couldn't resist.

I would take Joey over Travis anyday. I do agree he's one of the most over rated drummers but he's also one of the best I've ever heard. I don't see why Slipknot has three or four drummers when Joey is more than good enough.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats