Marriage and Kids?

Faux

Sorry to turn the question back on you here, Shadow, but I seem to recall you saying as soon as you finished college or university, you want to get married, as the bachelor life, in your opinion was 'sad' or something.

I'm just curious as to why you think so. :)

Sorry Bubsa for missing this.

The bachelor life for me is 'sad' because it's lonely. Everytime someone tells me a story of how s/he wants to be a millionaire and so forth and that they don't have time to have a family, I get turned off. I don't think I can appreciate what I have in life unless I can share it with somebody I love.

You and I differ a little bit Shadow. I want to get married...but for a different reason.

I want to get married purely for practical reasons. All good politicians have respectable American families to stand next to them when they give speeches. There's no way I could be the most influencial US Senator in the entire history of America without a family. And don't anyone even bother giving me facts to disprove my theory, I will whole-heartedly reject them.

And to answer your question, yes, my betrothed does know I'm using her specifically for political gain. She's perfectly fine with that.

However, when you do run for office, someone will find this post you made, and use it against you to make you look terrible, and counter to American family values. :P

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRanger
However, when you do run for office, someone will find this post you made, and use it against you to make you look terrible, and counter to American family values. :P

Pfft...I'll just blame it on hackz0rz (and that too..and that...and that...)

Sorry to turn the question back on you here, Shadow, but I seem to recall you saying as soon as you finished college or university, you want to get married, as the bachelor life, in your opinion was 'sad' or something.

I'm just curious as to why you think so. :)

Sorry Bubsa for missing this.

The bachelor life for me is 'sad' because it's lonely. Everytime someone tells me a story of how s/he wants to be a millionaire and so forth and that they don't have time to have a family, I get turned off. I don't think I can appreciate what I have in life unless I can share it with somebody I love.

You and I differ a little bit Shadow. I want to get married...but for a different reason.

I want to get married purely for practical reasons. All good politicians have respectable American families to stand next to them when they give speeches. There's no way I could be the most influencial US Senator in the entire history of America without a family. And don't anyone even bother giving me facts to disprove my theory, I will whole-heartedly reject them.

And to answer your question, yes, my betrothed does know I'm using her specifically for political gain. She's perfectly fine with that.

I dropped out of school when I was 16 so I haven't heard that question for over 3 years now.

Haha, good luck with that. :)

Didn't we just have a first kiss thread not very long ago?

As I said there, my first kiss happened when I was 27, a little less than 2 years ago.

So let me get this straight. First kiss at 27, first marrriage at 29 (or so)? Damn dude. Doesn't sound like a very good relationship to me (in my opinion obviously). Was your first and only kiss with her?

@MPC, I know you like to defend your brother, but I really don't think he needs you to flame me for no reason.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Marriage is just a word. It doesn't really bind anybody to anything. Just look at typical american divorce statistics. If you don't really know what it takes to live together with another person and share your life, you'll end up in the majority of the people that will divorce even after a remarriage.

To me, I couldn't care less about getting married or not. If it'd mean something to my girlfriend, of course. After all, it's a ceremony. It's not a magical event that alters your brain chemistry or the laws of nature, it just exists in a registry where it says "Married" or "Not married". I wouldn't really ever divorce unless I had a very heavy reason, not over something idiotic like money.

I'm not currently a bachelor anymore, but I couldn't disagree more with you. I still have the same friends I had back then and I'm still keen on making money and I go out frequently to have fun. Who wouldn't want to have as much money as possible to support your possible later offspring/wife?

I actually find 'married' people more lonely because they suddenly feel an obligation to only spend time with their wife.

That being said, marriage is simply a ritual. Sadly many people have psychological motives that have been built into their minds since childhood that to be happy in your life you must walk up to a priest who asks you a bunch of stuff and you sing praises to the lord even if you're not religious. No wonder most people divorce.

You can still share tasks, enjoy life with your significant other, have kids, etc. even if you aren't religious or get "married".

My very deepest apologies caligula101. I can see now that cycling past a council estate twice a day has given you in-depth knowledge of their family dynamics and whether the people you ride past are capable of looking after children or not.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Marriage? Yes, eventually. After I establish myself in Europe.

Kids? No thank you. They're too much responsabilty, and cost too much. Maybe I'd adopt, but later on in life.

BTW I'd post more often if Tip It wasn't being extremely slow, and half the time not working. Must be doing site maintence? And I've almost hit a 1000 post count. \'

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

(Bubsa, that's the first time I used the word smeg. I'll have to admit - it made me kind of nervous...but I do feel like I've crossed a big milestone in my life. For that, I thank you.)

It's OK man. Just take a deep breath and let it all out.

typical american divorce

Whoops, sorry. I != American.

If we take it even further, I != Western. I've lived here for about four years and I don't consider myself 'westernized' because I'm proud of my heritage. English is my fourth language and I still hold my initial citizenship.

And to tell you the truth, I can't be any happier that I am not born in a Western country. The lack of culture of the people I have met is disturbing to me.

If we go even further, you disturb me. You assume that I want to get married to 'sing praises to the lord.' Did you even read the story I posted in the beginning of this thread? My parents got married initially to a judge - twice, not a church. They went through that twice before they even went for the church.

Me? I want to go through marriage to show how much I love the woman I'm with. I want to go through the vows, not the songs, to show my true feelings. Besides, why would I want to go through a wedding to just sing praises to the Lord? I already do that during Sundays :wink:

typical american divorce

If we take it even further, I != Western. I've lived here for about four years and I don't consider myself 'westernized' because I'm proud of my heritage. English is my fourth language and I still hold my initial citizenship.

And to tell you the truth, I can't be any happier that I am not born in a Western country. The lack of culture of the people I have met is disturbing to me.

Heck, feel grateful. I never said living in a western country is "good" or "cultural". English is my 3rd language as well. I don't know which country you're from but I've lived in Japan for 2002-2003 and I can tell you the people were much more respectful down there.

If we go even further, you disturb me. You assume that I want to get married to 'sing praises to the lord.' Did you even read the story I posted in the beginning of this thread? My parents got married initially to a judge - twice, not a church. They went through that twice before they even went for the church.

I didn't post my reply to you but to the average user on this forum, who admittedly may not be american but is likely to get divorced. I read your post fully and your story sounded interesting, I'd had quoted you if I directed it at you though. The praise reference was the religious part of the ceremony, even if you're not religious but want to get married.

Me? I want to go through marriage to show how much I love the woman I'm with. I want to go through the vows, not the songs, to show my true feelings. Besides, why would I want to go through a wedding to just sing praises to the Lord? I already do that during Sundays :wink:

Nothing wrong with singing praises to anybody. 8-) IMO the only thing that matters is the vow, but if you'd feel like your bride has always wanted this grandiose wedding with tons of flowers and 1000 guests and a limousine, sure, go for it. I don't think it's worth it, but if my significant other thought it's worth it I'd do it.

Hahaha.

Anyway, on topic. I would one day like to have children. That would likely only happen if I were also to get married; not because I feel it is an obligation to be married before having children, but because I would likely already have married someone I was going to have children with.

I want to have children for mainly selfish reasons. For one thing, I want a degree of immortality from "my line" being continued. It's also something I think I would enjoy (that is, bringing up children, as opposed to the act of procreation).

I am agnostic, (though I tend towards atheism). However, I wouldn't really have much problem with being married in a church unless, of course, they somehow required me to be of their religion, as in Anaesthesia's case. To me, it would be the whole being married thing that was important -- how it is accomplished is less important to me. As I say, though, I would take offence at their requiring something of me in that respect.

One day I want to be married, hopefully before 35. My wife will hopefully for everything I wish for and I will eventually have 2/3 kids, 2 girls and a boy.

My kids, my wife and I will all be sucessful at our jobs. I will have a very nice house and a very large bank. A few cool cars, etc.

I wont spoil my kids but on their birthday they get what they want (within reason)

My wife will be treated amazingly by me and the kids.

Everyone in my family will live long, enjoyable lives including my parents and siblings.

sig5235ro7.jpg

typical american divorce

My totally legitimate reply to you was deleted, so I can't be bothered to write it again. I'll just say the post wasn't directed at you in particular, but the average forum user who will most likely get divorced once or more in his/her life. English isn't my first language either.

I always thought you're from Czech though, which is a westernized country today, but I could be wrong and you're from some other country. I've been living in an asian country for a year (Japan) and I can say it's sometimes even better than the western society and the people have better attitudes in general. I didn't mention anything about the 'supremacy' of western societies though, so I don't know where you got that from.

No note as to why the posts are gone?

Both the arguments (myself and caligula101 and darkmage099 and the others) were resolved...

I like the new avatar, Anesthesia. It took me a couple of seconds to realize it was you.

Why were the posts deleted?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I've heard so many horror stories that I no longer have any faith in monogamy. =; I'm still iffy on the kids part. I believe my genes should be passed on but I don't want to raise a child in this crummy world. Perhaps I'll donate sperm.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

Perhaps I'll donate sperm.

The thing is by doing that you get no control over who it goes to - you don't get to choose your 'child's' mother; somewhat defeating the point of passing on your bloodline as there's no way to ensure the quality.

I am not saying it is a bad thing to do, only pointing out that depending on how you look at it it may not be the same.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

No note as to why the posts are gone?

Both the arguments (myself and caligula101 and darkmage099 and the others) were resolved...

Because tip.it has a thing about playing Kim Jong Il and censoring anything not coming straight out of Happy-Fairy-Land on a rainbow coloured magic carpet.

Been that way since day 1. *Shrug*

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Well, to start off, I would like to end up marrying a beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, at around the age of 20-23. Then, after i get my Master's in college and have an established career, I would like 2 kids, preferably 2 boys ( for the simple fact i couldnt handle all of the crying and whining and screaming). I want 2 kids so that one doesn't get spoiled. This has been the case with a few friends and family, and the "only kid" gets super spoiled, and I dont wanna be known as the "guy with the spoiled kid."

diabl0_915.png

Wouldn't mind getting married at all. In terms of kids, that would depend on the situation... If situation proves good, maybe just two... If bad, one or none. :oops: