The Examine Player Option! ~Updated 3/15/07~ 147 SUPPORTERS!

Waffleh

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still wouldn't be a good idea to allow showing of skills. ALL of a user's skills can become useful in the wildi at any time. I should personally know. :wink:

As for the rest of the idea, I fully support the "examine text option" and "what will I trade" stuff. It would definitely lessen the spamming and avoid private chat flood-outs. =D>

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The first rule is simplicity

Great idea, simple but ingenious and very handy, add me to support list[/i]

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I support the examine player feature to the fullest. i've been yelling at jagex for a while to put this in. why anyone wouldn't want this feature in runescape is crazy. add me to the support list if you can. i agree with the people that think that the combat stat showing isn't a good thing. but for the people that want to show off their combat i'd make it an optional thing. for the people who don't want to show their combat i'd have it say n/a (not available). i'm so for this idea tho! \'

rpgs will take over the world (rocket propelled gerbils)

I love it jsut 1 tiny prob with looking at skills it takes away fun of pkin

Hey, there's yet another reason to NOT have skills display as part of the thing! Good point, marcopolo324!!!

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

i support

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

Random idea, but you can also add stuff like "Need Runner" for runnerlines. (me and my friends are trying to set up a runnerline system. Not working so far-not enough people. :-k )

BTW, can somebody tell me how this forum type of HTML works? And does "normal" HTML work too?

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

Be warned, I tend to ramble.

There was a rant not too long ago, by Nightwolf06 I believe, which basically outlined frustration at not being able to prove how many quest points had been obtained. Most people agreed that a notice on the highscores would be the best solution.

I, however, immediately thought of an examine function. I've gotten into the habit of examining random things in my environment whenever I'm feeling a little tired/bored/whatever. At one point, I tried to examine another player, unaware that I had just sent a trade request. I felt a bit the fool, but from that point on I've always thought it would be neat to examine players, if for no other reason, then to show off a little.

I wish I could provide for you fancy pictures. Alas, I am horribly tired, and my connection is meager at best.

Essentially, what I might suggest to avoid all of this concern with hackers and such, is to divide the profile, so that players can either display a message, or alternatively, show off one characteristic. Since we've already got black, blue, and red text in our chatboxes, it shouldn't be entirely difficult to select one more color, just to differentiate between the player-written messages and the 'show off' feature, so no trickery can exist. Quick and dirty example:

"Thatkidinthecorner - Total level 1734" - Fraud.

"Thatkidinthecorner - Total level 1265" - Not fraud.

Also, rather than some large buttons that require scrolling, it might be tidier to make the selection screen like that which you see when using a magic lamp - adding, of course, buttons for QP and total level. That would also make it more obvious that only one item can be displayed at once - if you're scrolled all the way down, you can't see the top of the list uncheck itself.

In any case, my support to you with bells and whistles. You have Mr. Devnull's signature to thank for it.

Add my name to the support list for examine player option. Very good idea, especially for trading. :D

There could be problems with people with bad attitudes taking advantage of it, kinda like the runescape version of obscene t-shirts, but for buying and selling it would be great!

I'm not too sure about being able to show skills or quest points, although I do believe you should be able to see quest points on the high scores.

Playing WoW

Server - Ghostlands US

My mian is Redshifter - Level 80 Feral Druid

I luv the idea of examining someones skills for two reasons

1.I wouldn't have to reply when someone asks me for one of my lvls

2.I could see how much chance i hav of killin sumone in the wildy

I think that the examining message thing is a bit complicated because that would mean we ave to examine every one when we wanna buy :shock:

Still u got my full support #-o

Your messing wid da rong man!!!

U wouldn't wan't to be doiin that would you now???

I totally support

this will be so useful in world 2 or so.

Sometimes when you are selling things in a crowded place then people just trade someone.

One person says: "selling d med 420k"

And doesnt include a name, because that is too much work.

with the examine option you could fill in: selling d med 420k

ANd there are even more ways for this to work properly.

To check my stats. Click here!

104 Combat 1495+ total

siggof4.gif

Nice ideas! About the skills thingy.. I think Highscores are enough 0.0

Add me to half supporter list 8-) [Really liked the exmining one]

I think that the examining message thing is a bit complicated because that would mean we ave to examine every one when we wanna buy

If exmining will be just for sales it'll be dumb, you know, people will probably write there more things than just "I bought a rune platebody 2 hours ago, thanks, I don't need another one"... :wall:

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

Heres my idea:

runescape1mt8.png

or something like that. Got another one too...

runescape2es9.png

I think it is pretty self explanitory... But instead of having a thing come up and black your vision of the world, click the empty thing on bottom!

Edit in later...

Pretty much anti, people will be spammed ALOT by noobs.

ikoopaisig6pr.jpg

^^ TY SO MUCH FOR THE SIG, PINK!! <3<3

Add me on MSN whenever you feel like talking, about anything.

It is like playing monopoly, and refusing to build hotels, incase you're called a "Hotel noob", as it might give you an unfair advantage.