The Examine Player Option! ~Updated 3/15/07~ 147 SUPPORTERS!

Waffleh

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support fully and completely and stuff like that...

One thing though. A lot of people will have profiles like this:

"Jou sux0rs, jou n00bz0rs."

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

I support, though I would like to note that on a crowded world, it would still be difficult to locate the correct person, even if you were to see their message. Perhaps a "search" option that would allow you to search for specific words in someone's profile.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

oooooooooooooo :shock: very nice, very nice indeed... =D>

but I think jagex has something better to do then put an exaimine option on players... otherwise... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Random stranger:Do you want the full dragon set or the mystery box?

Other random stranger:THE BOX THE BOX!

Cool idea, I support it! :thumbsup:

A few thoughts:

- Instead of storing everyone's profiles in servers, they could be temporary. That means they stay for only as long as you're logged in. If you log out and back again, your profile is lost and you have to type it again. A bit like the running feature, if you log out and back again the running button will be off. A game world server would only have to keep the profiles for a maximum of 2000 people playing on it, with no need to check with the servers where your character's stats are stored. Each game world server independently keeps track of the profiles from players logged in on it.

- Wherever you decide it's best to place the button/text where you click to change your profile, the prompt could be pretty much like a private message prompt, appearing in the chat window. Chat filter applies to the message you type for your profile, so abuse here couldn't be any worse than regular chat. A report abuse feature with "offensive/advertising profile" would be a must, since regular offensive language/advertising categories require the offending player to have typed a chat message and thus wouldn't let you report the profile.

8-) Peace, mate.

RSN: Bersimon. Currently F2P.

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Supported! if only there were a button i could click to support =P

Proud owner of Green Halloween Mask

Barrows drops: 3x Dharocks axe, 2x Veracs brassard, 2x Torags Legs, 2x Karils Skirt, 2x D Med, Veracs Skirt, Veracs Flail, karils coif, Guthans Platebody, Dharocks Helm.

Dragon Drops- 2x Dragon Skirt

i like th first part but that with skillz,if your in wildy you can just see someones skillz that sucks

It's an option, you only display the skills you want to, be that none or all of them. So your point is null and void. :P

userbaracolyteau6jw2.png

Everything has been updated to include all supporters so far, thanks everyone for posting your opinions and donating suggestions and pictures. I will implement them both into the idea to make it the best idea ever. ^^

We are ALMOST at 100 supporters so keep up the good work, guys! Remember to tell everyone you know about this! ^^

Off-Topic @ Waffleh ...: You might NOT want to have that self-inflating slogan there in your siggy. I've seen stuff like that drive people away. :?

Off-Topic @ pansynator ...: Have I seen you before, but elsewhere? The words in your avatar are haunting, to say the least. :ohnoes:

On-Topic ...: I may like the "examine text" and "trade info" options (and I fully support those)... =D> :thumbsup:

...But I still don't see the point in adding a "Show Skills" thing... <.< A user's "scores of merit" are ALL on the RuneScape High-Score list. I think Jagex would rather keep it so that if PK'ers want to know, they still have to give their targets a chance to get away, not trap the target so they're "dead for sure". :-k

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)