ramadan kareem!!!

HARRYPOTT614

Woohoo! Much respect to all those who fasted :D i am Jewish but a strong supporter of interfaith events and dialogue, and recently attended a Ramadan breakfast, and really... just... much respect, a happy year, happy times, :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Happy al-Fitr to all muslims here. 8-) Plenty of my (not so religious) friends who are muslims chose to fast during ramadan, and they were quite happy with it. Now's your time for all the presents and holiday spirit. I think it's pretty cool anyways because then you get presents on 2 occassions (and I got one on even chinese new year from my friend, and on hanukkah, I'm drowning in the parcels, religions rule), x-mas and al-Fitr.

If you want to, you can look up "Eid al-Fitr" for more info.

For Muslims, Eid ul-Fitr is a joyful celebration of the achievement of enhanced piety. It is a day of forgiveness, moral victory and peace, of congregation, fellowship, brotherhood and unity. Muslims are not only celebrating the end of fasting, but thanking God for the help and strength that they believe he gave them throughout the previous month to help them practice self-control.

...No wonder most muslim countries have less fat people than western countries.. :P Don't take it so seriously...

I love Ramadan. I'm not a Muslim, but it's a great day! Joy, forgiveness, love and respect all round!

So respect to everyone! May this coming year be fruitful and joyous! :thumbsup:

Edit; and wow, neat! to everyone who fasted.

Happy Ramadan. May we pray that even the misguided Muslims can respect it this year, and keep it a time of peace.

Never been to a Ramadan ceremony :(. All my interfaith has been with Christian and Hebrew holidays.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I'm not muslim but I tried fasting once with my friends at school...I couldnt do it, especially when I'm at home with my mom who likes to cook <.<

Anyways, happy days, happy months, happy YEARS - happy living :)

Love and respects all around!

- cheers!

firerz2.jpg

.: Gallery :.

Away :( -cheers all!

I'm not muslim but I tried fasting once with my friends at school...I couldnt do it, especially when I'm at home with my mom who likes to cook <.<

- cheers!

Fasting isn't too hard. You just have to drink lots of water during the day and get your bread in the evening. It's a test of faith, after all! :)

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

- cheers!

Fasting isn't too hard. You just have to drink lots of water during the day and get your bread in the evening. It's a test of faith, after all! :)

\

Really? I never drink anything when I fast. I just wake up early and eat a huge breakfast. Then, I go to the library during lunch so I don't get tempted. At night, I break my fast.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I am not very sure of Islamic fasting practices, but Hebrew/Christian fasting is no food until after dark when you can have bread (or something else, depends on the family). We used to fast at Passover, but I admit I havent done it the past two years.

Untitled.png

Woohoo! Much respect to all those who fasted :D i am Jewish but a strong supporter of interfaith events and dialogue, and recently attended a Ramadan breakfast, and really... just... much respect, a happy year, happy times, :D

I'm jewish too, I fasted for the first time this year on Yom Kippur! It was tough, but well worth it!

As someone whose lived most of their life in a muslim country I think im qualified enough to say that during ramadan.

.When fasting,nothing is allowed to be swallowed,no water ect

.You generally have break your fast on dates and juice at iftar(sundown)

.Most muslim countries ban people from eating or drinking in public during ramadan with a 1000 dihram fine($350)

.While short skirts and other revealing items arent strictly prohoibted in any such way its strongly reccomended not to wear them

.All schools start 1 hour later and end 2 hours earlier :3>

.Most muslims wake up at around 4 am and have a massive meal before the day begins.

And i believe Eid is anywhere from sunday to tuesday depending on the moon.

rssig4copy.gif

RESPECT all. Respect keeps the world turning round! (in a metaphorical sense, of course)

And yeah... I'd LOVE to try fasting. I'm very strong physically but psychologically I don't think so lol. So just drink water? I think it would be really good for me, test my strength, train my willpower.

But I think my mum might worry... :-k

I am not very sure of Islamic fasting practices, but Hebrew/Christian fasting is no food until after dark when you can have bread (or something else, depends on the family). We used to fast at Passover, but I admit I havent done it the past two years.

I'm pretty sure that Islamic fasting in Ramadam is no food or water during the day.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I'm pretty sure that Islamic fasting in Ramadam is no food or water during the day.

For me I'd like to fast without food, (with water though) from 8am to 5 pm. Would be a big achievement for me. ::'

For me I'd like to fast without food, (with water though) from 8am to 5 pm. Would be a big achievement for me. ::'

Yeah the no liquids does seem to be the hardest bit. I go through about 5 mugs of tea a day alone.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

RESPECT all. Respect keeps the world turning round! (in a metaphorical sense, of course)

And yeah... I'd LOVE to try fasting. I'm very strong physically but psychologically I don't think so lol. So just drink water? I think it would be really good for me, test my strength, train my willpower.

But I think my mum might worry... :-k

If you want a real mental test, try fasting for 4 to 7 days in an army bootcamp (with only water). It was one option in the "endurance tests" selection, I got to day 4 and I was literally exhausted. I had to refuse to do anything but have a loaf of bread and some soup. But then again, deep in my mind I remember you're very young. I did this when I was 19, and it was voluntary. We were rewarded with free days off duty and unhealthy (tasty) food though. Don't even think about it if you're under 16.

...And yes, some skinny guys in my group were insane, they got to day 7 and they didn't even seem that weak but we all lost tons of weight (and undoubtly some muscle too which is why I wont do it again - voluntarily)

I love Ramadan... it's a great day!

Hahaha

As in, the Spirit of Ramadan is a great thing. :D

But I think my mum might worry...

If you want a real mental test, try fasting for 4 to 7 days in an army bootcamp (with only water). It was one option in the "endurance tests" selection, I got to day 4 and I was literally exhausted. I had to refuse to do anything but have a loaf of bread and some soup. But then again, deep in my mind I remember you're very young. I did this when I was 19, and it was voluntary. We were rewarded with free days off duty and unhealthy (tasty) food though. Don't even think about it if you're under 16.

Yah, but it would be good for me. Just for one day, to see if I could do it. Wow I'd be so proud of myself.

Its actually incredibly dangerous for young people to fast and can cause irreverisible changes in a persons metabolism. the only time i ever go without eating is if im ill, otherwise i'll get the munchies every few hours or so ^_^

Note: I'm not fat if anyone is wondering.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its actually incredibly dangerous for young people to fast and can cause irreverisible changes in a persons metabolism. the only time i ever go without eating is if im ill, otherwise i'll get the munchies every few hours or so ^_^

Note: I'm not fat if anyone is wondering.

Actually, you're (or could be) probably slimmer than most people then. The most accepted 'guideline' for eating healthy is having about 6 small meals during the day with a few hours in between.

Yah, but it would be good for me. Just for one day, to see if I could do it. Wow I'd be so proud of myself.

1 day will hardly affect your metabolism, and is good for practising self-control at any age (..still, I'd say over 12 at the least but even then a doctor would probably disagree)

Hahaha

Ramadan is not one day, that's why I laughed.

Gotta hate it when people just can't understand your laughs.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Hahaha

Ramadan is not one day, that's why I laughed.

Ahahahaha.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.