Farming Ranarr Weed

Mamong

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=553317

There's my guide on farming Ranarr for money. I'll update it soon to include about the new herb patch. :)

And to dispell any rumours, growing Ranarrs is good money, grow ranarrs on all 5 patches everyday for a month and count the profits, I think you'll notice. :wink:

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

i buy them 20k ea and get about 6 each patch

1 time i got 7 (bout 50k worth of weeds)

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

It looks like the maximum yeilds for herbs has been reduced in the last couple of months. A number of people used to get 10+ herbs from their seeds most of the time, recently 7/8 is a good crop (as far as ranarr goes).

As to the new patch, the yeilds seem to be lower compared to other herb patches but it balances out. There you never have to worry about things dying, other places they die every now and then. (Unless you are willing to stand and watch every herb seed grow).

Remember to wield the Magic secateurs both when planting and harvesting and to always use super compost.

Eating a pie just before planting, to boost your farming level, also seems to help.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

It looks like the maximum yeilds for herbs has been reduced in the last couple of months. A number of people used to get 10+ herbs from their seeds most of the time, recently 7/8 is a good crop (as far as ranarr goes).

As to the new patch, the yeilds seem to be lower compared to other herb patches but it balances out. There you never have to worry about things dying, other places they die every now and then. (Unless you are willing to stand and watch every herb seed grow).

Remember to wield the Magic secateurs both when planting and harvesting and to always use super compost.

Eating a pie just before planting, to boost your farming level, also seems to help.

Are you sure you have to wield the Magic Secateurs when planting and harvesting? I thought you only had to wield them when harvesting to net 10% more herbs. :?

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

Are you sure you have to wield the Magic Secateurs when planting and harvesting? I thought you only had to wield them when harvesting to net 10% more herbs. :?

It kinda goes along with what's said in the next line about how farming bonus seems to help when you plant stuff. Did that make any sense? :?

Fear the frog reaper. Hypercubes make the frog reaper happy ^_^

easyclickfe5.jpg

Or else I shall feast upon your soul!!! :twisted:

It kinda goes along with what's said in the next line about how farming bonus seems to help when you plant stuff. Did that make any sense? :?

Yep - the advise about weilding them when planting as well was given to me by a number of farmers with a lot higher levels than me. They all agree that weilding them when planting as well seems to increase the chance the crop will grow.

The extra boost from the garden pie or cider also helps when planting. Seems the greater the difference between your level, at the time of planting, and the level required to grow the crop - the more likely it is to survive. So this not only applies to the herbs, it also applies to all the specials where you cannot pay a farmer to watch your herbs.

We are currently working on gathering a lot of data about crop yeilds to try and get a better idea about success rates. At the moment we can see a trend as far as the new patch goes. We can also see that it looks like the maxim crop yeilds have been reduced in the last few months.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Yep - the advise about weilding them when planting as well was given to me by a number of farmers with a lot higher levels than me. They all agree that weilding them when planting as well seems to increase the chance the crop will grow.

They're wrong. Jagex specifically says that you only need wield the secateurs when harvesting to get the bonus. It's kind of a moot point, since you will likely always be wielding them when planting anyway, but that advice is bunk.

The extra boost from the garden pie or cider also helps when planting. Seems the greater the difference between your level, at the time of planting, and the level required to grow the crop - the more likely it is to survive. So this not only applies to the herbs, it also applies to all the specials where you cannot pay a farmer to watch your herbs.

This is also incorrect. Yield is not dependent on your farming level, nor is the chance of disease. The type of compost you use is all that affects this.

OK, first my credentials:

I am a level 88 farmer who planted less then 30 trees on the way to there.

All other exp comes from cabbage, strawberries, sweetcorn, watermelons and herbs.

Second since lvl 73 i never water any patches any more and I do not see any real differences.

3: Maximal crops...

Watermelons: 52 from 1 patch (1 time only, second best is 34) a friend who has double the farm exp than I do says he had 53 1 time.

Rannar and dwarfweeds with supercompost: 16 (this is fairly recent and is thus with the lower yield from the last months in there).

I can remember having 13 rannar from a patch with normal compost when farm was a few months old and the seeds still unids.

Did a test with 200 rannar seeds and another test with snapdragon seeds:

results were kinda the same when using a nature ammy with the first patch and making my rounds when ever the ammy calls. (You can heal a lot of diseased patches in this way.)

The average yield was around 6.5 (from 0 to 16 from a patch.)

When you do not do your rounds all the time, the average drops to maybe 6 to 6.1.

In between rounds you can pickpocket more seeds then 1 round uses (this is for herbs only).

So every 1 hour and 20 minutes gives you 195k and if you sell all extra herb seeds thieved in that time rannar+ excluding toads for 3k ea, it comes to about 220k per hour in cash, loads of farm exp and between 30 and 45k of thief exp depending on your thieving level.

(I did 53 to 85 thief on master farmers, then 7 levels on safes in burthorpe (giving 15k of gems) and then 1 level on knights in Ardy.

Then from 93 till 99 thief back on masterfarmers. I had over 600 rannar seeds in bank at a certain moment, while i never bought any and planted all the time. So my best guess is that I thieved over 2k rannar seeds in all.

(For maybe 20 torstol seeds...)

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

OK, first my credentials:

I am a level 88 farmer who planted less then 30 trees on the way to there.

All other exp comes from cabbage, strawberries, sweetcorn, watermelons and herbs.

Second since lvl 73 i never water any patches any more and I do not see any real differences.

3: Maximal crops...

Watermelons: 52 from 1 patch (1 time only, second best is 34) a friend who has double the farm exp than I do says he had 53 1 time.

Rannar and dwarfweeds with supercompost: 16 (this is fairly recent and is thus with the lower yield from the last months in there).

I can remember having 13 rannar from a patch with normal compost when farm was a few months old and the seeds still unids.

Did a test with 200 rannar seeds and another test with snapdragon seeds:

results were kinda the same when using a nature ammy with the first patch and making my rounds when ever the ammy calls. (You can heal a lot of diseased patches in this way.)

The average yield was around 6.5 (from 0 to 16 from a patch.)

When you do not do your rounds all the time, the average drops to maybe 6 to 6.1.

In between rounds you can pickpocket more seeds then 1 round uses (this is for herbs only).

So every 1 hour and 20 minutes gives you 195k and if you sell all extra herb seeds thieved in that time rannar+ excluding toads for 3k ea, it comes to about 220k per hour in cash, loads of farm exp and between 30 and 45k of thief exp depending on your thieving level.

(I did 53 to 85 thief on master farmers, then 7 levels on safes in burthorpe (giving 15k of gems) and then 1 level on knights in Ardy.

Then from 93 till 99 thief back on masterfarmers. I had over 600 rannar seeds in bank at a certain moment, while i never bought any and planted all the time. So my best guess is that I thieved over 2k rannar seeds in all.

(For maybe 20 torstol seeds...)

I am 79 farm and I completely agree with what is said above. The only difference with me is taht I sell the seeds(except limpwurt (for herblore)and watermeloen (for super compost) to buy snap's