My piano improv **NEW VIDEO NOW ADDED**

KnightLite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice combination of those songs.

I've listened your piano piece and I like it. Some combinatio musically fit well.

Anyhow, it does sound nice{despite the fact it was bumped.}

@the video

Nice. :)

-=Aznhuskarl=- Cleric

-=20Cent=- Juggernaught

More to come...

• 4 weeks later...

wow, ur very talented. just remember to keep on playing, you dont want to waste skills like that by not playing, congrats :)

i wud REALLY like to see the vid where ur dad plays, but the link isnt working, so if u cud re-upload it, i'd be very happy :)

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

Very nice. I don't generally like medleys, but I really enjoyed listening to that.

I only played piano for about a year, but quit because my teacher was the Devil incarnate.

May I ask, if you do do grades, what grade are you doing?

I am a freshman.... i dunno what grades i have.... i'm about a 2.0 student... average. Been called a genious, but i hate homework so I usually don't do it. Is that what you meant by grades?

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Nah, I more asking if you had been doing grades with the piano, and if you had, then what grade you are. For example, I play violin, and last year I did grade 8 (with the curriculum I do, it goes grades 1-8, then AMUS, LMUS, FMUS). The majority of people that get private lessons for their instruments get grades.

Anyway, regardless of what grade you are, you're brilliant. :)

Edit : Just to make it more clear what I'm talking about, I mean levels, as opposed to scores.

Cool.

Nah, I more asking if you had been doing grades with the piano, and if you had, then what grade you are. For example, I play violin, and last year I did grade 8 (with the curriculum I do, it goes grades 1-8, then AMUS, LMUS, FMUS). The majority of people that get private lessons for their instruments get grades.

Anyway, regardless of what grade you are, you're brilliant. :)

Edit : Just to make it more clear what I'm talking about, I mean levels, as opposed to scores.

I am self taught, as well as my dad. I took 1 year of piano lessons, and at my recital, I played fur elise (age 7 or 8) flawlessly. I was very proud of myself. However, there were 2 other performances of Fur Elise, that sounded JUST EXACTLY like mine. It really made me mad. I wanted to be unique, and to think that all the time my brain spent working on a song, somebody else could be doing the same thing, just really made me upset. I quit lessons and just started learning by myself.

My dad never took lessons. He started as an accordian player, and didn't get into the piano until he was about 13 or 14. He took 2 years of music theory at Sacramento State in California, but he is self taught. He's my number 2 idol, only short to Art Tatum.

x843.png

• 1 month later...

Duuude you are crazy good. Im the section leader for the alto saxes in the marching band and I have to memorize a lot of music.. I know what you feel like tryin to memorize all this.

If you can get a better recorder, it would make all this sound so much better.

NS

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Duuude you are crazy good. Im the section leader for the alto saxes in the marching band and I have to memorize a lot of music.. I know what you feel like tryin to memorize all this.

If you can get a better recorder, it would make all this sound so much better.

NS

Thanks :) As soon as I recover from my surgery (which takes place in two days), I will be back at college, and will make a video of myself playing the piano, with MUCH better quality.

x843.png

I really liked it, Knite. Very well done, especially if that is all by the ear. :o

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played piano for a few years but never got as good as you, listening to that makes me really wish I had stuck at it. Keep at it, seriously. Thanks for posting this.

btw could you please upload your dad playing again? It doesn't work now and I would love to hear it.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well it's okay, i guess. The recording quality sucks bad, so i can't really tell if it's actually good. The skill is definitely there. Skill isn't everything in music though and the nuances are stifled by the static. That's why it is hard to tell anything more but trivial observations.

So where do you want to go from here? Write stuff, join or found a band, or just keep playing as you do now for your and our entertainment?

Hope that doesn't sound like i wanted to take the wind out of your sails. In fact i'm a bit envious of your skills.

Honest I play piano just to play. I love it. What I am trying to do with my music however, is produce. I've remixed 10 songs now, adding vocals to other instrumentals. I think they turned out quite nice.

I know myspace links aren't allowed here, but I'll give out the link to my bandpage. It has no personal information about me, it's simply a site that my music can be heard at.

My production site: http://www.myspace.com/helmut4lyfeproductions

x843.png

Thats cool mate, I too played piano from a young age and am recently getting back into it. you've got a lot of talent there :)

What you're doing on the myspace is commonly called bootlegging, even though it's not actually anything to do with bootlegging. it's done in clubs a lot, I mean, listen to speed garage ;P

Your stuffs quite cool. I know it's not exactely "your" stuff but you're doing a good job of what you do...you'd be surprised how many people just slap an acapella over and don't even bother getting it in tune.

If you need any help producing, give me a message or pm me your msn or something, i've been doing it for about 6 years now and will be happy to help :)

Sounds good mate! keep it up :)

logo.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...