3 ways for fast nat crafting without abyss! *now with times*

pompey_spud

Personally, I like the abyss. I've crafted over 5k nats in a row without being pked, thanks to full red d hide (1 level away from black), mind helm, mind shield, and 1 click tele. If you watch for the bind, it's not that hard to keep from getting pked. It also makes it a lot more exciting, and keeps it from getting dull. And after all, that's what runescape is all about, right? :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are so many ways based on Fairy Rings, why not just write about the best one?

It's a well written guide though, a shame I can't test it, being the quest noob I am. I still prefer the Abyss though, I can average under 1:20 minutes per 52.3 nats using super energy potions, which I think is a lot faster than this. But anyone who doesn't want to risk their pouches and glories in the Abyss, read this guide!

Uula.png

3 ways...wow. Now I won't have to risk losing items with your methods, doesn't seem too slow. I might try this out when I have to craft those 10k ess rotting away in my bank. =p

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

I had some time on my hands and decided to help out your guide by timing the various routes. I need to craft 4k nats for the Devious minds quest requirement, so I have a bit of timje and I wanted to see what way was actually faster. I only have Dev minds and the MEP queses left for the quest cape, so I have been rcing all day and was board.

One thing I did notice is that at level 68, there aren`t many pkers my level out there. So far 2 have tried to kill me, but I have 71 mage so their spells weren`t as effective. The second guy teleblocked me first, but I made it to the mage in time. I turned right around and went after him but he ran out of wildy before I could get a kill.

Here are the time trials I did. Each test was done with 70-100% run wearing the recomended gear and an accumulator.

Regular Abyss Method:

Trip 1 1`24

Trip 2 1`48

Trip 3 1`06

Trip 4 1`28

Average: 1`26.5

Method 1 - Fairy rings, banking in lost city (inspired by spongebob pj):

Trip 1 2`51

Trip 2 2`33

Trip 3 2`20

Trip 4 2`35

Average: 2`35

Method 2 - The castle Wars method ( inspired by vlad_the_old):

Trip 1 2`10

Trip 2 2`36

Trip 3 2`06

Trip 4 2`01

Average: 2`13

The non-abyss edgeville method! (inspired by zou_lou) :

Trip 1 1`50

Trip 2 1`48

Trip 3 1`52

Trip 4 1`57

Average: 1`52

Aside from just using the abyss, it looks like Zou`s way is the best of the three non-abyss methods.

With Method 2 you are using up duel rings in a very un-productive way. Using them to craft fire runes from regular ess would get much faster RC xp.

I also wanted to note that it takes about 1`23 minutes to make a round trip, using games neclace, to charge glories. Of course if you have no glories, then you could only use method 1, but it is still faster to do method 3 over method 1 with just 1 glory.

very good guide i am going to use those ones ( i never thought of using other rings then going from zanaris bank) maybe a time comparision? and maybe also post a way of getting rings of deuling fast (besides buying so where to get gems fast and stuf) and how to recharge glory's fast (of course games necklace) most people of course know good ways but some may not? i rate the guid a 8 out of 10

fastest way to get emeralds would be to buy them from people thieving in the rouges den. just world hop and you will find people who have 50-100 emeralds in there bank and sometimes more.

if you are a little strapped for cash i would recomend just thieving them for yourself. if your level is not high enough then maby mining at the shilo gem mines is for you.

for gold bars go to the forums in either crafting or mining. dont ever pay like 400 ea because you can get them for 200ea if not less. i know from the experience of buying 4k of them.

if you are buying ememralds first offer 500 ea and if they dont like that then offer 600. you can go onto the forums and buy them for 600 ea, so no need to offer more than that. the only downside to buying emeralds off the forums compared to geting them from thieves, is that the ones from thieves will most likely be uncut, where the ones from forums will almost always be cut.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide. :thumbsup: I have crafted with method 1 for a long time and can do it as fast as abyssers in my opinion. I have also tried a glory in my house and find that it uses up space and takes longer than normal method.

world103iu1.png

Things are about to get 1337.

Proud Owner of Quest Cape since 7-14-08.

The_Goodking.png

I love the first and 3rd methode.

Second is to far to run/walk and a waste of rings.

The first is fast.

The 3rd is less walking, but I prefer the first since you don't need to recharge Glory.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

great guide !

and the most important for me - I found that you can use the fairy ring without completing the part II quest. I was intentionally training my farming and herblore to be able to complete the quest so that I can use the rings and now I find that you don't actually need to complete it :lol:

how could I have been such a ... n00b :?:

most valuable information!!! :thumbsup:

Nice guide, although, overall, using the abyss is the fastest way. If you wear dragon hides and take a one-click teleport, i use ectophial, you are guarenteed to never die by a pker as long as you click ;)

i know that half the time i rc there aren't even pkers, i don't understand why everyone is scared.

cough.. and look at my rc lvl compared to most of the other people who hav posted, i think i know what im talking about.

night_of_arc.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Nice guide, although, overall, using the abyss is the fastest way. If you wear dragon hides and take a one-click teleport, i use ectophial, you are guarenteed to never die by a pker as long as you click ;)

i know that half the time i rc there aren't even pkers, i don't understand why everyone is scared.

cough.. and look at my rc lvl compared to most of the other people who hav posted, i think i know what im talking about.

But surely the time you lose by telleing (and most people will use cammy tabs or ecto right?) helps the non-abyssal methods catch up, overall time wise?

supernovasigst7.jpg

But surely the time you lose by telleing (and most people will use cammy tabs or ecto right?) helps the non-abyssal methods catch up, overall time wise?

Well, this is true, but each trip gains about 30 sec over the other, so this would need you to take a long pause when you need to tele. I would say, if you dont want to risk losing stuff, then this guide will help you out. If you really dont care, just use abyss

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Ok I posted this before even starting to read (will have to ctrl-a <.< )

Please remove all the red from your post, red text AINT readable using standard forum template.

After reading : Very good guide whith alot of pictures :) Only bad point is the coloured text :cry: (one line or 2 is ok, not the whole post)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Ok I posted this before even starting to read (will have to ctrl-a <.< )

Please remove all the red from your post, red text AINT readable using standard forum template.

Weird, i use the standard template and its fine....

Ill change it anyway, tell me if its still bad.

supernovasigst7.jpg