what kind of grades do you get?

das1330

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st time in college with the ABC scale. I'm getting A and A-s in psychology. I'm getting B+ in political science. I'm getting C+/B in english. I'm getting A, A- in math. I get A-, A in history quizes But I got a C+ in a essay midterm test. I'm really worried about the class, I have to do extremely well in the next history term paper and final exam.. :wall:

gr454rc.gif

Argh, doing really bad, i got a one in the 60's, one probably in the 60-70 range, haven't checked my mark for that class in a while, and in math I'm doing horrible because i really don't like math and I'm not the greatest at it. I think my marks sitting around 55-60 in that class, which is really bad but i hope to start studying more and getting it up a bit.

I'm in grade 11 right now, all my other grades were poor marks aswell, by that i mean most of the time i get an average of 55-65.

lookrt2.jpg

1. Prodigy smart is having a 10 year-old kicking a 16 year-old butt in all kinds of school subjects.

2. not in england it's not, hahah...we took reading tests in year 7 (aged 12) and i got 15 years 9 months, top grade we could get...

3/4 of the year didn't even reach that by the end of year 11 (leaving year)

i went to a good school, and it was full of neds.

1. Hey, give me credit, I'm the one who said the quote not ryoushinn. Comon, give me the credit. Wahhh... :wall: . Ok that's enough.

2. IQ of 150 and above is considered genius last time I check (which proves just how inaccurate this data is. What's with year w/e? I'm guessing grade levels. Wow that's nice, 12 kicking the arse of a 20 year old.

Either way both cases describes a genius. The former with a supposed IQ of 160 and the latter of 166(167 if you round).

1. Prodigy smart is having a 10 year-old kicking a 16 year-old butt in all kinds of school subjects.

2. not in england it's not, hahah...we took reading tests in year 7 (aged 12) and i got 15 years 9 months, top grade we could get...

1. Hey, give me credit, I'm the one who said the quote not ryoushinn. Comon, give me the credit. Wahhh... :wall: . Ok that's enough.

2. IQ of 150 and above is considered genius last time I check (which proves just how inaccurate this data is. What's with year w/e? I'm guessing grade levels. Wow that's nice, 12 kicking the arse of a 20 year old.

Either way both cases describes a genius. The former with a supposed IQ of 160 and the latter of 166(167 if you round).

Except you have to realize there are a lot more areas covered on IQ tests than simple vocabulary (that's what most reading tests I took were)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Except you have to realize there are a lot more areas covered on IQ tests than simple vocabulary (that's what most reading tests I took were)

True.

Reading tests only test reading. You might be really good at reading but do poorly in another subject such as math.

IQ tests, however, test logic, analytical skills, recognizing certain characteristics, etc.

So the people I'm talking about are well round(most of the time) smart people.

You are talking about kicking a prodigy's arse in one subject, while he knocks you around like a ball in the hundred others.

So I guess in England prodigy means doing real good in one subject, while my definition of prodigy means doing real good in ALL subjects.

Think about it, a real big difference huh?

With absolutely no studying or homework, I got 94% in my grade 12 math. With a small ammount of studing, my first two midterms for university calculus have been 55% and 73%, next one probably around 85.

High school is a joke.

To avoid a huge quote..I want to say this.

I'm actually quite smart. Tbh, this homework I get is a waste of my time. That's why I don't bother. I don't feel the need to be doing something I already know left and right and just doing it for the hell of it. It's a waste of time when I can be doing other things.

tifsbti6oi.gif

I'm actually quite smart. Tbh, this homework I get is a waste of my time. That's why I don't bother. I don't feel the need to be doing something I already know left and right and just doing it for the hell of it. It's a waste of time when I can be doing other things.

And then you realize because you didn't reinforce it in your mind it's now gone and you only think you can still do it.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

And then you realize because you didn't reinforce it in your mind it's now gone and you only think you can still do it.

Actually erm no. I do fine on tests and quizzes I get and haven't failed one yet. :roll:

tifsbti6oi.gif

Oh right like that means every person is as likely to get rich as the next no matter what education they have. FYI, that's like 3 people. There are countless others out there who drop out and only earn slightly over minimum wage. You're pointing out the improbable. You can do that to basically everything. Our predictions and assumptions are not facts.

No, that's not "like 3 people". Try more like 3 hundred thousand people. Find out about things. A significant part of the world's richest people did not finish their education and did drop out from highschool, not because they're stupid, but because they found something better to do. They have earned more than you ever will, and they are not "just 3 people". That is a very brief list.

Of course there are people who drop out and earn minimum wage. Did they have business plans when they dropped out? Probably not?

If you have a clear plan on making money, a piece of paper isn't going to either help you in gaining more wealth or stop you from doing so. In the business world, money talks, not your education. When we talk about making real money (in the millions), people only care about how much you have to invest and what is your net worth. People will respect a dropout with $50 million more than a graduate with $100,000, simply because the latter doesn't directly benefit from his degree unless he chooses to work for someone else.

Sure, they are a minority. That's why I said I do encourage people to study. However, they are not a minority in the sense that YOU talk of it. About 20% of the people you see on the Forbes 400 rich list are undergraduates.

I finished my education (MBa), so why am I not against dropping out then? Because if you're intelligent, you can make good decisions even without listening to an old man who makes $40k a year teaching babble and lecture you about how to get the big bucks.

If you know you wont make it in the world and you have no clear plans, obviously you should go on with your education. People like those exceptions clearly knew they wanted to do something smart and considered their education a waste of time.

Actually erm no. I do fine on tests and quizzes I get and haven't failed one yet. :roll:

So what your teachers base 30% of your grade on tests or something?

Oh right like that means every person is as likely to get rich as the next no matter what education they have. FYI, that's like 3 people. There are countless others out there who drop out and only earn slightly over minimum wage. You're pointing out the improbable. You can do that to basically everything. Our predictions and assumptions are not facts.

No, that's not "like 3 people". Try more like 3 hundred thousand people. Find out about things. A significant part of the world's richest people did not finish their education and did drop out from highschool, not because they're stupid, but because they found something better to do. They have earned more than you ever will, and they are not "just 3 people". That is a very brief list.

Of course there are people who drop out and earn minimum wage. Did they have business plans when they dropped out? Probably not?

If you have a clear plan on making money, a piece of paper isn't going to either help you in gaining more wealth or stop you from doing so. In the business world, money talks, not your education. When we talk about making real money (in the millions), people only care about how much you have to invest and what is your net worth. People will respect a dropout with $50 million more than a graduate with $100,000, simply because the latter doesn't directly benefit from his degree unless he chooses to work for someone else.

Sure, they are a minority. That's why I said I do encourage people to study. However, they are not a minority in the sense that YOU talk of it. About 20% of the people you see on the Forbes 400 rich list are undergraduates.

I finished my education (MBa), so why am I not against dropping out then? Because if you're intelligent, you can make good decisions even without listening to an old man who makes $40k a year teaching babble and lecture you about how to get the big bucks.

If you know you wont make it in the world and you have no clear plans, obviously you should go on with your education. People like those exceptions clearly knew they wanted to do something smart and considered their education a waste of time.

Well said!

Initially, I thought it was a load of bs, but you're quite right.

If you have a plan on what you are doing and not just randomly dropping out of school, then yes you can make decisions that will turn you into a billionaire.

Many of the people referred are probably ones that drop out of college hoping a random miracle will happen to them.

I have a 3.98 as my [bleep] for middle school. I am in eight grade.

I could not find recent information but in 1998 the avagage high school drop out recived $20k. With a Bachelor degree $44k. A doctorate $72k. With a professional degree $92k.

Most of the high or collage school drop out billionaires, made their money in either technology or gambling or related services. They were all being their boom when they got into them. I can say so with out a doubt that if they lived to today and tried to start the same business they would got relatively no where.

So what your teachers base 30% of your grade on tests or something?

Erm..I don't know what they base it on. I don't remember the % of what homework is based on though, obviously it's enough to bring it down below like 64% (that's an F here, like anything under 64%)

tifsbti6oi.gif

Well said!

Initially, I thought it was a load of bs, but you're quite right.

If you have a plan on what you are doing and not just randomly dropping out of school, then yes you can make decisions that will turn you into a billionaire.

Many of the people referred are probably ones that drop out of college hoping a random miracle will happen to them.

I kind of agree with you Blue. The only problem is that most of the people mentioned were college drop-outs. At least they finished high school. You CAN be rich no matter who you are, but most of the rich people actually have an education. Most of the upper middle class who have a good paying job have an education. I think, if you want to get places, your best bet is to do well in school.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

9th grade... straight A's and I don't do homework at home, study, or even care about school... Everything's so freaking easy... and boring... everything's so boring... Oh yeah, and I'm in 11th grade math and have the most challenging 9th grade teachers... So freaking easy and boring...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

9th grade... straight A's and I don't do homework at home, study, or even care about school... Everything's so freaking easy... and boring... everything's so boring... Oh yeah, and I'm in 11th grade math and have the most challenging 9th grade teachers... So freaking easy and boring...

Maybe in your opinion they are, but in reality they may be the easiest teachers in the school.

All As and once in a while a B. I'm a freshman in college.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."