Future skills

paulhartman

These could be more skills for the game. Post your other ideas.

Sewing: Since we can now change our default clothing in our houses, we could make new default clothing, picking colors and styles. Some of the new default clothing could have stat increases for skills such as combat, ability, cooking, fishing etc. Or, just new clothing to be worn over the default clothes could have stat increases for skills like agility, cooking, fishing, mining etc.

We could make new hats, robes and capes that have stats that are equal to or greater than currently enjoyed on these items: a range cape, new mage robes or the like.

There could be new items for homes, or even, such as the additional spirit tree in farming, new balloon or magic carpet sites.

Machinery: Runescape is full of machines. We can buy some machines, such as the cannon, or make some, like clocks. But a new machinery skill could bring all kinds of new machines to the game. Maybe a player can build his own underground cart system for transportation.

Endurance: This skill would slow the drain of energy. It could also slow the drain on increases in stats from pots, such as defense, attack, strength, prayer etc. It could allow a faster restore of hit points.

Ranching or animal husbandry: Since we have land around our houses, we could have various animals. Having a private herd of blue dragons would be a nice addition. Some animals, such as cattle, may need to be raised to feed the carnivores. This could be where the creatures used in summoning could be raised.

Shipbuilding: This could also be part of construction. But, building our own ships to be used free at the ports, or new locations could be had. Ships could be used in trading, like in the historic spice and silk trade, buying goods in one land to be shipped and sold in another.

these are sort of random...kinda like having a reading skill, or a walking skill, or ... cleaning your house skill

nice ideas but those cannot be real skills, in my opinion all the necessary skills have already be put in, hunting coming soon... summoning rumours, etc.

maybe like an intelligence skill could be added to perhaps increase max hits of magic or otherwise..but thats all i can think of

These are the most promising:

-sewing: always been in favour of more variety in clothes and maybe being able to give it some personal flair, in such case we might want to move cape colouring to sewing.

-shipbuilding: if there was 1 major add-on to runescape, it would be sea-battles (but simplified :P ). However this is the hardest there is, and I don't expect to see it ever happen.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

How about a skill where u can train it so that the higher it is, the more rare drops from a monster u will get. it will be better than that members ring where u get a chance of more rare drops. the skill would be so popular, since people would kill more and more monsters to get rich faster!!!

Dj Tiesto is Da Best

IMG]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/1/draken16.png[/img]

I see that some people think my ideas do not rate being considered a real skill. In a game where making fires is a skill, that really hurts. My idea of building a ship does not rate, but applying a tinderbox to a log does. You would think with actions as simple as using an axe on a tree, or tinderbox on a log, something like planting cotton, harvesting it, spinning it into tread, weaving it into cloth, dying it and then cutting and sewing a mage's robe would be considered of enough weigth to count as a skill. I see now the hurdle to be considered a skill is higher than I imagined. Swinging a pickaxe on a rock - now that is a skill. Building a ship - are you kidding?

Sewing-Crafting, Sewing=Crafting, Crafting=Sewing

Machinery-Crafting/Smithing, Machinery=Crafting/Smithing, Crafting/Smithing=Machinery

Endurance-Agility/Str/Atk/Def/Prayer/etc...

Agility restores energy faster, this wouldn't really be a skill, how would u ever gain experience in it, seems quite pointless

Ranching-not bad, but...

Already suggested & topics not to suggest.

Animals:

- Abusing animals e.g. Harming pets/tamed animals in PvP.

- Horses/Riding (All animals & machines: Riding a goat or a bike is still riding) *

- More pets/trained monsters/tamed animals *

Shipbuilding-I think this would be very cool, but very hard to implement.

How about a skill where u can train it so that the higher it is, the more rare drops from a monster u will get. it will be better than that members ring where u get a chance of more rare drops. the skill would be so popular, since people would kill more and more monsters to get rich faster!!!

like a "Luck" skill? how would you train it anyway? have 3 leaf clover fields and sometimes when u pick em you get a 4 leaf one and you will get exp? hmm would be kinda cool but hard to think of how to lv it up #-o

Dr_Brinner.png

Why not a Eating Skill? Drinking Skill? Walking Skill? Oh you cant forget that Breathing Skill :roll:

Sewing -> Crafting

Machinery -> mix of Crafting and Construction

Endurance -> Agility

Ranching or animal husbandry -> ...?

Shipbuilding -> Construction

I want to add another major point to "Ranching" When people make these suggestions, it seems like they dont think how to level in it. In your example, we can train animals. So how we raise it?

Right click -> pet Cow.

You have failed to pet the cow.

Right click-> Pet Cow.

You pet your cow. *52 exp given*

:roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Why not a Eating Skill? Drinking Skill? Walking Skill? Oh you cant forget that Breathing Skill :roll:

Sewing -> Crafting

Endurance -> Agility

I want to add another major point to "Ranching" When people make these suggestions, it seems like they dont think how to level in it. In your example, we can train animals. So how we raise it?

Right click -> pet Cow.

Right click-> Pet Cow.

lol. I've heard people wanting a ranching update in farming, I guess it could work. Of course, to use your house, we'll need to beable to build more rooms.

But ya, I could see using these for summoning spells.

Also, the ship building would be a nice addition to construction. You would have to pay the real estate agent, or maybe one of the charter workers, fors a docking liscence, and you'd have to buy a shipyard, maybe near Ardoune. Then the higher you're construction level, the bigger the boat you can make, and the further from you're shipyard you can go. Of course, the ships would be big, and would take ALOT of planks, nails, cloth, some ropes, and would take a long time to build, so it might be a bit dificult to add.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

Sewing -> Crafting

Endurance -> Agility

Right click -> pet Cow.

Right click-> Pet Cow.

lol. I've heard people wanting a ranching update in farming, I guess it could work. Of course, to use your house, we'll need to beable to build more rooms.

But ya, I could see using these for summoning spells.

Also, the ship building would be a nice addition to construction. You would have to pay the real estate agent, or maybe one of the charter workers, fors a docking liscence, and you'd have to buy a shipyard, maybe near Ardoune. Then the higher you're construction level, the bigger the boat you can make, and the further from you're shipyard you can go. Of course, the ships would be big, and would take ALOT of planks, nails, cloth, some ropes, and would take a long time to build, so it might be a bit dificult to add.

ya and maybe have to hire a crew to help maintain the ship then ship wars and you need to wait a day or so till your crew finishes building the ship that would be cool :ohnoes:

Dr_Brinner.png

I give up. Since you have played a game when lighting a fire was a complete skill, where cutting a branch off a tree was a complete skill, where hitting a rock with a pickaxe was a complete skill, where cooking a fish was a complete skill, I thought you could stretch your imagination a little to see how some other things, much more sophisticated than those, could also be developed. I asked too much.

I seem to have a much higher opinion of the imagination of Jagex than some of the other players of this game. I see how they have used some of the newer skills, such as farming and construction, to add to and help develop existing skills. Look what farming did for herblore. So, a group of people, spending a few months thinking about how sewing could be incorporated into the other parts of this game ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ nay, nothing can be done there.

But, if people canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t see that making machinery, and everything that it entails and promises could be raised to the very high standards of complexity, usability, difficulty and refinement of, say, putting a fish onto a fire, I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t explain it.

These could be more skills for the game. Post your other ideas.

Sewing: Since we can now change our default clothing in our houses, we could make new default clothing, picking colors and styles. Some of the new default clothing could have stat increases for skills such as combat, ability, cooking, fishing etc. Or, just new clothing to be worn over the default clothes could have stat increases for skills like agility, cooking, fishing, mining etc.

We could make new hats, robes and capes that have stats that are equal to or greater than currently enjoyed on these items: a range cape, new mage robes or the like. <---- crafting?

There could be new items for homes, or even, such as the additional spirit tree in farming, new balloon or magic carpet sites.

Machinery: Runescape is full of machines. We can buy some machines, such as the cannon, or make some, like clocks. But a new machinery skill could bring all kinds of new machines to the game. Maybe a player can build his own underground cart system for transportation.

Endurance: This skill would slow the drain of energy. It could also slow the drain on increases in stats from pots, such as defense, attack, strength, prayer etc. It could allow a faster restore of hit points.

what an useless skill

Ranching or animal husbandry: Since we have land around our houses, we could have various animals. Having a private herd of blue dragons would be a nice addition. Some animals, such as cattle, may need to be raised to feed the carnivores. This could be where the creatures used in summoning could be raised.

Shipbuilding: This could also be part of construction. But, building our own ships to be used free at the ports, or new locations could be had. Ships could be used in trading, like in the historic spice and silk trade, buying goods in one land to be shipped and sold in another.

next time when making a suggestion, please come up with a better idea...

Headshotcatcher.png

engenering. a hybred skill for many uses. so you want to make a siege tower in castle wars? not so fast you need high level construction and smithing to make the parts then engenering to know how to build it and crafting to make the all important leather armour that helps protect from catching fire. or you wanto make that ship. well it is not going anywhers without a engenering skill for its construction and maintnace.

I say engenering should be a hybred skill of smithing, construction and crafting, to allow for a great deal of things to be made and used. from little things like clocks to massive battleships. anouther thing that would tie into this is the construction of custome battle armour and weapons for yourself that would give attack and defence bonuses slightly better than the reguler armour, due to your knowlege of engenering to make it better than a one size fits all counterpart. but it would only fit you and could not be traded or sold therebye not effecting the economy in a negitive way.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

A skill from WoW they could use is the mounts skill. At different levels you can jump on different levels of mounts(horses, tigers, dogs, dragon) and ride them. You get exp for how long you stay on them and how far you went.

Some people say that could be agility, it could but it is the best skill expansion choice they have to make independent.

I give up. Since you have played a game when lighting a fire was a complete skill, where cutting a branch off a tree was a complete skill, where hitting a rock with a pickaxe was a complete skill, where cooking a fish was a complete skill, I thought you could stretch your imagination a little to see how some other things, much more sophisticated than those, could also be developed. I asked too much.

I seem to have a much higher opinion of the imagination of Jagex than some of the other players of this game. I see how they have used some of the newer skills, such as farming and construction, to add to and help develop existing skills. Look what farming did for herblore. So, a group of people, spending a few months thinking about how sewing could be incorporated into the other parts of this game ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ nay, nothing can be done there.

But, if people canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t see that making machinery, and everything that it entails and promises could be raised to the very high standards of complexity, usability, difficulty and refinement of, say, putting a fish onto a fire, I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t explain it.

I like your ideas, especially the ship-building, but most of them would just be additions to other pre-existing skills.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

As much as I cant resist the tempetion of new skills, I think that it will be better if jagex will instead add new content, improvements and train methods to some existing skills.

high level crafting (I hope the hunter skill will fix that)

runecrafting

fishing (maybe deep sea fishing for new kinds that will not be used for eating, but to other goals).

mining

non-house realeted construction.

slayer - new monsters for higher levels (68, 72. 78, 83, 88, 92...)

and more...

But if we are talking about about new skills... I strongly support the idea that was mentioned in the tipit time some weeks ago to make a difference between the quick fish and meet cooking to the delicate and more compicated style of cooking, that is nearly dead now. (cheff skill? :-w )

an alternative is keeping cooking as it is (+more options for high level cakes, dishes, etc) + adding a option that will reward players who train in that way - like option to sell pies for good price to palace cheffs, etc (or else, not for gp, but for "cheff tokens" that will be able to buy special rewards, in the same method as it exists nowdays in cw, pc, and so on.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood