Valley of the Dragons - New signature

DementedHero

Well, I havent done much graphics the last weeks, kinda suffered from an artist block, couldnt do anything creative :?

So..I think Im getting the creativity back a bit, and heres the signature to prove that ;)

Hope you guys like it, Im thinking of using it, but my FrothKahn sig is also cool, so I dunno..

Please no pointless ratings, like 6/10, explain why you gave it the rating you gave it..

Helpfull comments are always welcome :)

On to the sig:

valleyofthedragons.png

I went for a bit dark, misterious feeling..

If you look real hard, you can see my name in the front rock-formation, went for a encarved kindof look, didnt really succeed in that, but oh well ;)

The name isnt ment to be very read-able, think of it as an inscription that has been there for quite a while, and erosion and stuff washed it out a bit ;)

I used softening and sharpening to emphasis the feeling of depth in this landscape.. I think that came out pretty well..

So..onto the comments ;)

tipitsigte0.png

So..I think Im getting the creativity back a bit, and heres the signature to prove that ;)

If you look real hard, you can see my name in the front rock-formation, went for a encarved kindof look, didnt really succeed in that, but oh well ;)

The name isnt ment to be very read-able, think of it as an inscription that has been there for quite a while, and erosion and stuff washed it out a bit ;)

So..onto the comments ;)

Firstly, I'm gonna congratulate you in using 4 winking smilies in one post ;)

Ok, now, onto the comments... I think the sig is great. It looks awesome, but not too *light/sharp/abstract*... The sig has a great smooth feeling to it and looks very professional. I think ya got a nice effect over the sig and it just looks really good...

*I'm gonna stop talking now, cause I feel like I'm repeating myself*

9/10 Great Work!

Its good but one of the things i dont like is the fact that if you looks there is a lot of detail in the mountains upfront, but the front dragon is just an outline. I dunno maybe its just me, great work dude anway

True.. Perhaps the front dragon needs some more work.. Thanks for the tip :)

Youmakemesik, heh, yeah I tend to use the ;) smilie alot :lol:

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

tipitsigte0.png

wow :shock: one of the best sigs ive ever seen 9.5/10

:shock: :shock:

I hear that man.

I'm actually interested in a collab, but my net is broken at home, so when it's fixed I'll drop you a line if that's cool.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I'm actually interested in a collab, but my net is broken at home, so when it's fixed I'll drop you a line if that's cool.

Sure thing :D

Banana, I dont really see what legs/tenticales you mean, but Could see a few shape improvements that the back dragon could use..

Heres a update on the front dragon:

valleyofthedragons2.png

I also edited the brigther spot at the back, which kindof distracted my view after staring at it for a while..

Any better? :)

tipitsigte0.png

Looks alright... Is a good idea, but It needs alot of work. Make the dragons more visable and it would look much better.

The dragon in the back is supposed to be a bit shadowy, and with the newer update, I think the front dragon is more visible..

I might add another dragon, but it would be rather small, but Ill have to see how it looks, as it might get too crowded..

tipitsigte0.png

*grins* payback time :twisted:

(points to globe signature thread (just a joke :wink: ))

There are a few things that I don't like in this newest piece of yours. For starters I like the blured background that gives depth, but the con is the way over-sharp mountain up close. Veeery pixelish.

at first I was all cool with the dragons, but then I gave the closer one a second glance...the word that comes to mind about the legs is "ooops" and as people nagged about by sea creatures: "that's transparent!!".

Hope this doesn't sound too negative and I hope you realise that I'm a great fan of your work, but I'm not going to let the text just slip by. Engraving causes both lights and shadows (perhaps more of these), yet your text only lightens the mountain side. (and it too is very pixelish (I know srcatches perhaps are)).

Like the colour and the realistic mountain shapes.

Overall, "I know you can do better" and better luck next time.

8,7/10 (which is petty low for you :wink: )

*grins* payback time :twisted:

(points to globe signature thread (just a joke :wink: ))

There are a few things that I don't like in this newest piece of yours. For starters I like the blured background that gives depth, but the con is the way over-sharp mountain up close. Veeery pixelish.

at first I was all cool with the dragons, but then I gave the closer one a second glance...the word that comes to mind about the legs is "ooops" and as people nagged about by sea creatures: "that's transparent!!".

Hope this doesn't sound too negative and I hope you realise that I'm a great fan of your work, but I'm not going to let the text just slip by. Engraving causes both lights and shadows (perhaps more of these), yet your text only lightens the mountain side. (and it too is very pixelish (I know srcatches perhaps are)).

Like the colour and the realistic mountain shapes.

Overall, "I know you can do better" and better luck next time.

8,7/10 (which is petty low for you :wink: )

Thanks for the great comment :)

The over-sharpness, well, It might be a bit too sharp, but I actually like it, to me, it gives the front a more definable texture.

I dunno, but the front dragon has no legs :lol: Must be part of the wing what you mistook for a leg..

The text.. True, true.. Encarvings need shadows.. You got me there.. Need to work on that.

The text looks to pixelish because it is.. Its make with a 1pixel big brush :lol: Might do something with that too..

Great comment man, thanks..

Back to work I go :D

tipitsigte0.png

Guest FireFreek

It's not bad actually. The colour choice was poor but the actual render is quite good.

Blue is soothing, Red is angry.