Most underated rock band in your opinion?

magekillr

probably Fightstar for the fact that everyone i've asked has said ergh its that fathead with the fat eyebrows from busted, but their music is actually pretty good. they're not amazing, but they're definately underrated imo.

logo.jpg

I don't really agree with the whole Under-rated/ over-rated way of looking at bands as it puts people off good mainstream bands. But just this once Ill let it go.

I think that Stone Sour get no-where near the respect they deserve. I saw them last wednesday and it was amazing.

Also over in England, Dream Theater are totally unknown. No-one except my mates has ever heard of them.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Yea, but when is a band underrated? When not much people have heard of it? Or when they get rated less high than they should be in your opinion? I'd say the latter.

I don't really see how the Who are underrated BTW. Or was that just a joke to go along with the MPC on how the Stones are underrated. So that you meant the Who are not underrated.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Dream Theater are not WELLKNOWN...but i feel they get a lot of recognition.

by underated i mean by how much recognition they receive for their work...not how known they are

I see what you mean. But I constantly hear people accusing bands like Trivium overated because they jump on band wagons, etc. Overated seems to be an insult about their music rather than an accurate fact as they are appreciated and reconised as decent musicians by their many fans.

I can understand how saying that a Band is underrated could be a constructive comment, but when you talk about over-rated bands all it does is knock them down. If they didn't produce good music, they wouldn't be as famous as they are. Just because someone doesn't like them doesn't mean they are over-rated.

Not sure how much of that is relevant to this thread but I need to get it off my chest.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

you kidding me? cky are insanely popular, they've had 4 dvds out (the cky series.)

they're not even that good imo, and they suck live...

Huh? The DVDs really have very little to do with the band, its all a bunch of Jack4$$-type stuff. You seemed to be confusing the band with the Bam and his buddies...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Deep Purple is quite underated in today's youth, Which im' apart off but personally i love them :P ( my Dad's generation loves it ) :thumbsup:

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Deep Purple is quite underated in today's youth, Which im' apart off but personally i love them :P ( my Dad's generation loves it ) :thumbsup:

heh...i like them as well

funny thing is...the starter of Deep Purple said he wouldn't want to follow King's X at a show :lol:

The Melvins... They're the FREAKIN CREATORS of grunge, yet people still attribute nirvana to it. (kurt cobain was dale crover's best friend)!

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

I think Muse should be much, much bigger than they are. They still sellout tours, and they're getting good radio play from Starlight and Knights of Cydonia, but they should be absolutely MASSIVE.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I think Muse should be much, much bigger than they are. They still sellout tours, and they're getting good radio play from Starlight and Knights of Cydonia, but they should be absolutely MASSIVE.

I totally agree with that. I have a second cousin from canada - and he had NEVER heard of muse! I was totally shocked. He's 21 and a music heavy-user, so I was totally confused.

IMO the strokes deserve alot more than what they get at the moment.

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

I totally agree with that. I have a second cousin from canada - and he had NEVER heard of muse! I was totally shocked. He's 21 and a music heavy-user, so I was totally confused.

Ditto. They are almost non-existent in North America. I don't get it, I honestly think they should be the biggest band in the world.

To those living around the GTA - they came to Toronto for a show, and their venue was the docks. How small is that for a band like Muse?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Ditto. They are almost non-existent in North America. I don't get it, I honestly think they should be the biggest band in the world.

To those living around the GTA - they came to Toronto for a show, and their venue was the docks. How small is that for a band like Muse?

Afterall, muse is "the new Queen" - Fairly big name IMO

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]