Pc problem - My Pentium 1 PC aint taking my 80gib harddrive

vtm

Back when those CPU's were common , most system BIOS could not recognize partitions larger then 2.1GB due to the way the standard FAT partition worked. Most harddrive manufacturers were including a disk with a set of tools that allowed a secondary loader to enabled their use when drives started to become larger (my first 6.4GB was absolutely ENORMOUS lol).

One of the most common of these tools disks was "Data Lifegaurd Tools" by Western Digital, but as I recall , Maxtor and others all had their own variation.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

You can also sometimes get a jumper on the drive that limits it to being a certain size. Perhaps that would be of help? I don't know if it would provide for a limit that low though.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

My Pentium 1 PC aint taking my 80gib harddrive

.............. pentium 1..... -.- no wonder why ur computer dont take that many hard drive.. just buy a new computer man.. its only like few hundred bucks... instend of using pentium 1 computer......

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

at least a pentium 3....im surprised that people still using pentium 1.. i thought they died out for few years already, plus many software dont support pentium 1. and i think it should b an old computer. so, in this case, buy a new computer would b good. it don't ahve to be too good, like $300 would b fine. at least it..works... :-w

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

59.png

image_mini

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

Are you simple? If he could just go out and buy another machine then he wouldn't be here trying to troubleshoot a problem with a pentium 1.

nah my mind work just fine. well... its a fact that nearly no software or hardware support pentium 1. this problem cant b solved until he get a better 1. im not trying to say non sence here. its a fact! unless u can think of someway make it works... plus.. a pentium 3 really isnt that expensive..

Baoding.png

59.png

image_mini

plus.. a pentium 3 really isnt that expensive..
Its not quite that simple a solution. A P3 chip is highly unlikely to fit into the socket on his motherboard

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Try the site for whatever make the drive is, for info on:

1. Capacity limit options

2. DDO Overlay to run a larger drive

Check BIOS option for LBA support (usually preferable) or "large" - with those, an overlay should not be needed.

Anything from Win95B (OSR2 release) can realistically run a large drive (using FAT32) - previous versions had the FAT limit of 2GB per partition, although larger drives could be used.

The era was also notorious for assorted capacity limits starting with the old IDE/CHS sizing lowest common denominator, limiting tracks to 1023, heads to 16 and sectors to 63 (the old 528MB limit), followed by various other limits of 2GB, 8GB, 32GB (the most common one for a "capacity limit" selection).

if it has a pci slit free you can get a HD addon card which would allow you to put the drive on and the system would see the card, the card tells it about the drive and interprets proeprly..

this should work and only cost like $20-$40

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!